Choosing the best supplier for your business can be a difficult task.
This is especially true if you are running a general dropshipping store. If so, you will be selling items in all kinds of niches, and you will need suppliers that can provide those items!
We have created this list of general dropshipping suppliers that are perfect for entrepreneurs who want to run a successful general dropshipping business.
We'll look at what these suppliers offer and why they are the best options for entrepreneurs in this niche.
By using one of these suppliers, you likely won't have to work with multiple different suppliers anymore. Instead, you can source all your products from just one supplier, which is very convenient!
By reading this article, we hope that you will find just what you're looking for in a supplier.
The Best General Dropshipping Suppliers: An Overview
Before starting the article, we would like to show you this overview of all the best general dropshipping suppliers covered in this article:
|Supplier||Main selling point||Pricing||Read Review|
|Spocket||A lot of suppliers from the US or EU||$25 to $99 per month||Spocket Review|
|CJdropshipping||Many warehouse locations and great reviews||Free||CJdropshipping Review|
|AliExpress||Immense product catalog||Free||AliExpress Review|
|Syncee||Use suppliers all over the world and auto-order feature||$29 to $99 per month||Syncee Review|
|SaleHoo||16+ years of experience as a supplier directory||$67 per year or $127 for the life||SaleHoo Review|
|DropCommerce||High-quality products from North American suppliers||$19 to $70 per month||DropCommerce Review|
|BigBuy||Great for stores targeting the European market||€90 registration fee and €69 to €99 per month||BigBuy Review|
|uDroppy||All-in-one solution for dropshipping stores||$0 to $149 per month||uDroppy Review|
How do you pick the right general dropshipping supplier?
With the wide range of suppliers on this list, choosing the best one for your store can be a challenge.
Luckily, we have developed a dropshipping supplier quiz that may help you. By taking it and selecting that you are looking for a general supplier, the quiz will pick the best supplier for you!
If you don't want to take the quiz, we’ve also written a short guideline on picking the right supplier:
The easiest way to choose a dropshipping supplier is to remove as many options from the list as you can.
As a start, you can think about your budget. Are you willing to spend some money on a paid supplier? If not, you will be able to cross away some options.
Next, you can see which main selling point of the suppliers attracts you the most. If you want to choose between lots of suppliers in the US or EU, Spocket is for you!
Now, you can consider the ecommerce platform you are using and if a supplier offers a connection for it. If so, it will save you a lot of time and effort when importing products and processing orders!
And lastly, determine if any specific features are crucial for you. For instance, you may want to work with a supplier that offers 24/7 customer support.
As an example, let’s assume you’ve found the following things:
- You are willing to spend a bit of money on your supplier.
- You are looking for a supplier with great reviews.
- You are using Shopify.
- You aren't looking for any specific features.
You can apply these criteria to the list below and see which suppliers match! For this example, the criteria would match with CJdropshipping!
Let’s now start with the list of dropshipping suppliers!
The 8 best dropshipping suppliers for your general store
Let's take a closer look at some of the best dropshipping suppliers for your general store.
In this list, we will share some more details about the suppliers listed above so that you know which one would be the best for your business!
One thing is for sure though, all of these suppliers will offer products in a wide variety of dropshipping niches.
For each one of these suppliers, we will:
- Include a link to their website. You can either click on the title or on the screenshot of their homepage to check out their website.
- Shortly introduce the supplier. You will be able to learn about the supplier and its unique features.
- Give you the pros & cons. This will help you to make an educated decision about which supplier to pick.
- Tell you how to connect this supplier to your store. This way, you will know how to import the supplier’s products to your own store.
- Tell you about their pricing plans. So you will know what to expect when working with them.
Are you ready to see the best general dropshipping suppliers in the world?
If so, then let’s start the list!
1. Spocket Review
We will kick off this list of the best dropshipping suppliers with Spocket.
Spocket is a platform that works together with many different dropshipping suppliers and collects their products into a single product catalog.
Most dropshipping suppliers (80%) Spocket works with are located in the United States or Europe. This means that you may benefit from several advantages, such as faster shipping times!
Spocket offers enough niches for you to create a fantastic general dropshipping store. Take a look here:
They have even added a new feature now that allows you to message the suppliers you are working with directly:
- Easily test out products and suppliers. You can order product samples to test suppliers with just a few simple clicks.
- US & EU suppliers. Spocket mostly offers suppliers from the US and EU. This means that you will have faster shipping times and higher quality products.
- Great integration possibilities. Spocket can be integrated with ecommerce platforms like Shopify, Wix, BigCommerce, and WooCommerce (more on that later).
- Branded invoicing. If you are looking to brand your dropshipping store, you can upgrade to the Pro plan to unlock branded invoicing.
- No customized packaging. If you want to brand your dropshipping business with branded packaging, Spocket isn’t for you.
How do you connect Spocket to your store?
Spocket currently has a connection with:
- Shopify (Read more here)
- Wix (Read more here)
- WooCommerce (Read more here)
- BigCommerce (Read more here)
Exclusive Spocket offer: Enter the coupon code: SpocketTrial during checkout, and you'll instantly unlock a FREE 30-day trial. Click here to redeem your free trial now!
2. CJdropshipping Review
The remarkable thing about CJdropshipping is that you will find suppliers with warehouses located all over the world, including Japan, Canada, the US, and more!
- Free sourcing requests. If you can’t find the product you’re looking for in CJdropshipping’s catalog, they can help you source it! However, you will first have to create an account, which you can do here.
- Many shipping options. CJdropshipping offers more unique shipping options compared to a supplier like AliExpress, for example. This helps you to get products to your customers in the fastest and cheapest way possible.
- A lot of warehouse locations. CJdropshipping's warehouses are spread out across 26 different countries!
- Great reviews on the Shopify app store. The CJdropshipping app scores 4.8 out of 5.0 stars on the Shopify app store. Many people are satisfied with the service from their personal manager and the shipping times.
- User-friendliness. As a beginner, it can be difficult to find out how the user-interface on CJdropshipping works.
- High shipping cost. If you are dropshipping from a US warehouse, the shipping costs may be between $5 and $15 per product (or sometimes even higher).
How do you connect CJdropshipping to your store?
There are no subscription plans or hidden fees on CJdropshipping; you will just have to pay the product’s price and the shipping costs.
3. AliExpress Review
AliExpress is the go-to supplier for people that are just starting with dropshipping and looking for a supplier in China.
And that's because it is one of the most established ecommerce marketplaces!
Although most dropshipping suppliers on AliExpress will ship from China, some will have warehouses in the US or EU. In that case, don’t forget to check if they aren’t lying, as we explained here.
- Low-priced products. Generally, products on AliExpress are pretty cheap, which is great, especially for novice dropshippers. However, there is always room for improvement. Check out this article to learn about increasing your profit margin when dropshipping with AliExpress.
- Massive product catalog. You will be able to find pretty much any dropshipping product on AliExpress. So, no worries if you were looking to create a general store with a wide variety of products!
- Cashback opportunity. If you didn’t know already, you can get 4.3% – 5.9% cashback on all your AliExpress orders, which is great for your product’s pricing strategy. To learn how, check out this article.
- Easy refunds for missing orders. If a product you bought on AliExpress doesn’t get delivered, you can easily start a dispute. More often than not, you will get your money refunded.
- Long shipping times. Shipping times on AliExpress are relatively long and can take between 10 and 60 days. To learn more about the best way to deal with these shipping times and keep your customers happy, click here.
- Transparent. Because AliExpress is so popular, competitors or customers will often try to find your product on the platform.
- Dishonest suppliers: AliExpress suppliers are known for not always telling the truth. Click here to learn how to find the best suppliers on AliExpress.
How do you connect AliExpress to your store?
You will need a third-party app to connect AliExpress with your store.
AliExpress is free to use!
4. Syncee Review
Syncee is the next dropshipping supplier, another excellent choice for those running a general store!
Syncee collects suppliers from all over the world and adds all their products to the Syncee Marketplace. This is where you may find your next winning products!
- Great filters for suppliers. You will be able to filter suppliers based on warehouse location, language, shipping type, product category, and more!
- Chat with suppliers. With this communication tool, you will be able to ask your supplier some important questions before working with them.
- Auto order feature. When integrated with their app, for example, Syncee’s Shopify app, your new orders will be automatically forwarded to your supplier when customers purchase products from your online store.
- Complicated. According to reviews on Syncee’s Shopify app, their dashboard can be hard to navigate and set up initially.
- Pricing. If you want to publish more than 25 products on your store, Syncee will cost at least $49 per month if you pay monthly.
How do you connect Syncee to your store?
However, they have also added integrations for Wix, Squarespace, and WooCommerce now!
Syncee’s pricing plans range from $29 to $99 per month (you need at least the Basic plan to start selling):
However, don't forget you can test any of the plans for 14 days without actual charges. And if you choose to pay annually, you can save up to eight monthly subscription costs!
5. SaleHoo Review
During all of those years, SaleHoo has collected over 8,000 dropshipping suppliers in their directory!
Many of SaleHoo's suppliers are located in the US. However, you will also find them located in countries like the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia.
- Vetted suppliers. You won’t have to worry about picking a good dropshipping supplier on SaleHoo. They thoroughly check each supplier before putting them in the supplier directory.
- A wide range of products for your general store. SaleHoo offers 8,000+ pre-vetted suppliers and 2.5 million+ unique products to sell online.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you don’t like SaleHoo after trying them out, you can just send them an email to get your money back.
- Limited search filters. For example, you can’t filter suppliers based on location if you’re specifically looking for US dropshipping suppliers.
- It’s just a supplier directory. When using SaleHoo, the main thing you are paying for is access to their supplier directory.
How do you connect SaleHoo to your store?
Again, since SaleHoo is a supplier directory, this will depend on the supplier you will be working with.
Some suppliers will require you to send them orders manually, while others will offer an integration with your store if it is on an ecommerce platform like Shopify.
Access to SaleHoo’s supplier directory costs $67 per year or $127 for the lifetime plan.
However, don't skip to the next supplier just yet.
6. DropCommerce Review
If your goal is to launch a general store that only sells high-quality products, you are going to love DropCommerce.
Each supplier that you will find on DropCommerce is hand-picked for unique, high-quality products and fast shipping.
Some product examples that you will find on DropCommerce are leather Airpod cases, tea tree soaps, and tiki time bbq shirts.
- Only US or Canadian dropshipping suppliers. DropCommerce offers a directory of 300+ dropshipping suppliers. And guess what? They are all based in North America!
- No transaction fees. At DropCommerce, you will only have to pay a membership fee. No transaction fees will appear on top of the product prices.
- Quick delivery times. Since all products are shipped from the US or Canada, it will take just three to five days before they reach your customer.
- Branded invoicing. Give your store a professional look by using DropCommerce’s branded invoicing feature.
- Missing features for cheaper plans. For some awesome features (like automated fulfillment), you will need the most expensive plan. That one costs $70 per month, which is pretty expensive for beginners in most cases.
- Expensive products. Products on DropCommerce could be a bit higher-priced due to high quality, making it more challenging to make a profit when dropshipping them.
How do you connect DropCommerce to your store?
DropCommerce’s pricing plans range from $19 to $70 per month. They also include a 14-day free trial for every plan.
7. BigBuy Review
Looking to target the Spanian or European market with your general store?
If so, you should definitely consider BigBuy.
As a Spanish dropshipping and wholesale supplier, BigBuy is a bit of a jack of all trades.
Besides offering dropshipping supplier services, they are also involved with wholesale, turnkey shops, multi-channel platform integrations, and more.
In BigBuy's product catalog, you will find over 168,000 items in various niches. What's more, new items are added every week!
- Great for general stores in Europe. BigBuy can deliver across the whole of Europe and provides a product catalog translated into 24 European languages.
- Branding options. When dropshipping with BigBuy, your store’s name and logo are added to the packages!
- White label products. Recently, BigBuy launched a new white label product service! These are products are shipped in branded packages customized according to your brand. You can see BigBuy's current collection of white label products here.
- Expensive. For a European dropshipping supplier, BigBuy’s monthly membership fee is relatively pricey.
- The delivery times could be prone to delays. Although BigBuy scores very well on Trustpilot overall, most negative reviews seem to complain about BigBuy not being able to keep their promised delivery time.
How do you connect BigBuy to your store?
Using BigBuy’s multi-channel integration, you can connect it to your store on platforms like:
- Google Shopping
To dropship with BigBuy, you will need to subscribe to their “Ecommerce Pack.” It requires you to pay a €90 registration fee and €69 per month.
Discount code: Looking for a BigBuy discount code? You can use BigBuy20 to get 20% off on your first month!
If you’re also looking for an integration to connect your store to BigBuy’s marketplaces, you can also opt for BigBuy’s “Marketplaces Pack.” This plan will set you back €99 per month and a one-time €90 registration fee:
8. uDroppy Review
uDroppy is a platform that can offer more than just the contact details to a dropshipping supplier. It also provides solutions for the sourcing, fulfilling, and shipping of your products.
In that perspective, you could compare it to CJdropshipping!
- Product selection. uDroppy works with more than 900 dropshipping suppliers and provides you with thousands of products to choose from.
- All-in-one solution. uDroppy can assist your business to grow to the next level by providing help with private labeling, custom packaging, local warehouses, and more!
- One-click order fulfillment. Using uDroppy, fulfilling all of your orders takes just a simple button press.
- Long shipping times: A lot of reviews of uDroppy on Trustpilot complain about the company's shipping times, which supposedly are longer than advertised.
- Few integration possibilities. Currently, uDroppy only supports Shopify stores.
- Paid. uDroppy is one of the only Chinese dropshipping suppliers that may require a monthly subscription.
How do you connect uDroppy to your store?
To read more about connecting your Shopify store to uDroppy, you can click here.
Luckily, uDroppy plans to add integrations for WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and Wix soon.
uDroppy’s membership plans range from $0 to $149 per month:
General store vs. niche store: which one is better?
You may have found this article with the intention of starting a general store, but do you also know about the pros and cons of starting a general store compared to starting a niche store?
If not, let us explain!
First of all, we should mention that the best choice will depend on your specific situation. Both options come with their pros and cons.
The pros of starting a general store are that you can add every product you want, quickly test new trends, and reach way more people because you are not limited to a niche.
However, a typical downside for general stores is that it's hard to get customers to return to your store after your purchase. Unless, of course, you become as big as a company like Amazon!
Starting a niche store comes with the pros of being able to more effectively utilize social media channels, build a blog around your niche, upsell customers more efficiently, and create more efficient email marketing campaigns.
Unfortunately, it also comes downsides, as you may experience that it's hard if you are a beginner or that you may feel like you aren't sticking to your niche.
To learn more about choosing between a general and a niche store, check out our full comparison article here!
How do you start a general dropshipping store?
Are you planning to start a general online store in 2023?
If so, that’s great! However, remember that you will need to have a proper plan in place as you will be competing with big names like Amazon, eBay, Walmart, and more.
To help you with your plan, we have written an article containing eight tips specifically for starting a general online store!
For instance, did you know that store themes exist that are explicitly developed with general stores in mind? (See example below)
Or did you already realize that starting a general store usually requires more work compared to a niche store?
Once again, if you want to learn more, check out the article here!
Can you work with multiple dropshipping suppliers?
The suppliers listed in this article should offer you a wide range of products to list on your general online store.
However, if you can't find a single supplier that offers all the products you are looking for, you may be wondering if it's possible to work with multiple suppliers.
The good news is, you can work with multiple dropshipping suppliers!
If you’re working with multiple dropshipping suppliers, the dropshipping process will stay roughly the same.
The main difference is that instead of sending all of your orders to a single supplier, you will have to send your orders to different suppliers. Also, if your customer ordered multiple products, then it may be possible that two or more suppliers will have to send them the products.
Here’s how it will look when a customer orders products coming from two separate suppliers:
To learn more about dropshipping with multiple suppliers, check out this article!
How do you find local general dropshipping suppliers?
Just use one of our lists below to find the right dropshipping supplier in your country:
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in Canada
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in Europe
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in Australia
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in New Zealand
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in the United States
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in the United Kingdom
Plus, don’t forget to check our guide on the best countries for dropshipping!
There you have it!
A list of the best dropshipping suppliers for your general store.
So, what is our final verdict?
What is the best general dropshipping supplier in 2023?
If you're still second-guessing, let's take a look at our overview from earlier:
|Supplier||Main selling point||Pricing|
|Spocket||A lot of suppliers from the US or EU||$25 to $99 per month|
|CJdropshipping||Many warehouse locations and great reviews||Free|
|AliExpress||Immense product catalog||Free|
|Syncee||Use suppliers all over the world and auto-order feature||$29 to $99 per month|
|SaleHoo||16+ years of experience as a supplier directory||$67 per year or $127 for the life|
|DropCommerce||High-quality products from North American suppliers||$19 to $70 per month|
|BigBuy||Great for stores targeting the European market||€90 registration fee and €69 to €99 per month|
|uDroppy||All-in-one solution for dropshipping stores||$0 to $149 per month|
If you want to cut your shipping times and use suppliers located in the US or EU, then you should definitely consider Spocket.
Looking for the supplier with some of the best app reviews out of all others? In that case, we recommend taking a closer look at CJdropshipping.
Lastly, if your goal is to find a supplier that sells anything and everything for great prices, AliExpress is likely to be your best bet!
But if you are still struggling to choose, just take our dropshipping supplier quiz:
We understand that starting a general dropshipping store from scratch can be challenging. So, if you need some inspiration, you may want to look at these general dropshipping store examples.
Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below, and good luck with everything!