One of the best ways to get started with ecommerce is by starting your own dropshipping business.
Dropshipping allows you to sell products without carrying any inventory, significantly reducing the risk of running a business and enabling you to scale quickly.
New Zealand is one of the most progressive countries in the world when it comes to technology, and this has led to an increase in both start-ups and online retail.
If you’re looking for a way to kickstart your own business, you’re probably looking for an excellent partner in the form of a dropshipping supplier.
This article will outline the nine best dropshipping suppliers in New Zealand in two parts:
- The best dropshipping suppliers in New Zealand who offer products in all kinds of niches. (General products)
- The best dropshipping suppliers in New Zealand who are focused on a specific niche.
Besides, we will provide a brief overview of each supplier and cover their pros, cons, and more!
Let’s check them out!
The best dropshipping suppliers from New Zealand: An overview
Before starting the article, we will show you an overview of all dropshipping suppliers in New Zealand that we covered in this article:
|Syncee||General||$0 / $29 / $79 / $129 per month||Syncee Review|
|SaleHoo||General||$67 per year or $127 lifetime||SaleHoo Review|
|eSources||General||£0 / £12.50 / £20 per month||eSources Review|
|Just Party Linen||Home||Free||Just Party Linen Review|
|Ogo||Print on demand||Free||Ogo Review|
|Brandsgateway||Fashion||$361 per month||Brandsgateway Review|
How do you pick the right dropshipping supplier from New Zealand?
With the wide range of suppliers on this list, choosing the best one for your store can be a challenge.
Luckily, we have developed a dropshipping supplier quiz that may help you. By taking it and selecting ‘New Zealand’ as your target country, the quiz will find the best supplier for you!
If you don’t want to take the quiz, we’ve also written a short guideline on picking the right supplier:
The easiest way to choose a dropshipping supplier is to remove as many options from the list as you can.
As a start, you could check if any of the niche suppliers correspond to the niche of your store. If so, take a look at them! Chances are you will find some of their products interesting.
Next, think about your budget. Are you willing to spend some money on a paid supplier? If not, you will be able to cross away some more options.
Now, you can consider the ecommerce platform you are using and if a supplier offers a connection for it. If so, it will save you a lot of time and effort when importing products and processing orders!
And lastly, determine if any specific features are crucial for you. For instance, you may want to work with a supplier that offers 24/7 customer support.
As an example, let’s assume you’ve found the following things:
- This list does not include a niche supplier that matches your niche.
- You are willing to spend a bit of money on your supplier.
- You are using Shopify.
- You would like to use a supplier that offers automated order processing.
You can apply these criteria to the list below and see which suppliers match! For this example, the list would look like this:
Now, you can choose one of these by looking at the pros & cons, or you can just try out the first option. In this case, that would be Syncee.
Let’s now start with the list of dropshipping suppliers!
The best general dropshipping suppliers from New Zealand
Ready to learn more about the best dropshipping suppliers from New Zealand?
We will start with the general dropshipping suppliers. These suppliers offer products in all kinds of niches and are perfect if you have a general store or simply want a supplier that offers an extensive product catalog!
We have compiled this list by screening each supplier on criteria for good dropshipping suppliers such as:
- Product catalog
- Customer service
- Order processing time
We hope to make this list as valuable as possible, so for each one of these suppliers, we will:
- Include a link to their website. You will be able to either click on the title or on the screenshot of their homepage to check out their website.
- Shortly introduce the supplier. To give an introduction and allow you to learn about the supplier and their unique features.
- Give you the pros & cons. This will help you to make an educated decision about which supplier to pick.
- Tell you how to connect the supplier to your store. We will guide you in the right direction on how to integrate the supplier’s products with your own store.
- Tell you about their pricing plans. So you will know what to expect when you will be working with the supplier.
Ready to start? Let’s go!
1. Syncee Review
Let’s start with a supplier that offers a relatively high number of unique products stored in New Zealand warehouses.
Syncee is a B2B platform for dropshippers, retailers, and suppliers. It offers a database and integration for hundreds of suppliers from various countries, including New Zealand.
Here are two examples of New Zealand dropshipping suppliers we found in the Syncee Marketplace:
Pros of Syncee
- Largest choice of New Zealand products. All New Zealand dropshipping suppliers on Syncee together offer more than 500 unique products you can dropship!
- Pricing. If you keep the number of items on your store under 25, you will be able to use Syncee for free!
- Location-based supplier filtering. This feature on Syncee allows you to easily find dropshipping suppliers from New Zealand.
- Chat with suppliers. Using Syncee’s built-in communication tool, you will be able to ask suppliers some important questions before partnering with them.
- Auto order. When integrated with their app, for example, the Syncee Shopify app, new orders will be automatically forwarded to your supplier. This feature is also available on the free plan!
Cons of Syncee
- There are lots of niche suppliers in the Syncee Marketplace. When looking through Syncee’s supplier marketplace, you will see that most suppliers are in a pretty specific niche. This is also the case for the two New Zealand suppliers features above. So, don’t expect to find a huge AliExpress-like product catalog on Syncee.
How do you connect Syncee to your store?
You can find a list of Syncee’s existing integrations on their homepage.
If you go over the 25 product limit, Syncee’s plans start at $29 per month for 500 products and go up all the way to $129 per month for 30,000 products.
2. SaleHoo Review
Let’s see the following dropshipping supplier, or better said, a directory with lots of dropshipping suppliers!
This supplier is called SaleHoo, and it’s a bit like Syncee. Salehoo is a platform made to connect dropshippers with suppliers.
As such, it offers benefits like being able to access your favorite suppliers in one click and communicate with multiple suppliers from your dashboard:
So, can you find dropshipping suppliers from New Zealand on SaleHoo too?
Of course! SaleHoo features over 8,000 dropshipping suppliers worldwide, and New Zealand is a country they definitely won’t miss.
Take a look at these New Zealand dropshipping suppliers from SaleHoo:
Pros of SaleHoo
- Vetted suppliers. If you are a new supplier and want to be featured in SaleHoo’s supplier directory, you will be thoroughly checked first. By doing this, SaleHoo ensures that all their dropshipping customers can work with the suppliers in the directory safely and securely.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you worry about not liking what SaleHoo has to offer, it’s great noting that Salehoo offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. It means that you will be able to get your money back hassle-free.
- Great customer service. SaleHoo’s reviews on Trustpilot mostly mention SaleHoo’s great customer service team.
Cons of SaleHoo
- It’s ‘just a supplier directory’. By doing an extensive (Google) search, you may be able to find the supplier you’re looking for yourself.
- Limited integration features. Unlike a supplier like Syncee, SaleHoo does not offer a Shopify app or automation features like automatic orders.
How do you connect SaleHoo to your store?
Remember, SaleHoo is just a platform that allows you to find and contact a dropshipping supplier.
This means that there is no way to link SaleHoo or the dropshipping supplier to your store directly.
The method you can use to connect your store to the supplier will depend on the supplier. Some will require you to send them your orders in a .csv file, while others will offer integrations to your store if you’re using an ecommerce platform like Shopify.
In order to gain access to SaleHoo’s supplier directory, you will need their ‘SaleHoo Directory‘ plan, which costs $67 per year or $127 for a lifetime plan.
The great thing about SaleHoo’s pricing is that they offer a $1 trial (seven days), which is an excellent option for people who just want to try SaleHoo out for a few days and see if it’s the right fit for them!
3. eSources Review
The following supplier, eSources, is one of the most experienced dropshipping supplier directories out there.
It might be a bit old-fashioned, but it can still be a great tool for discovering local dropshipping suppliers.
As you can see, these suppliers offer products in various niches, like jewelry, babies, furniture, and electronics.
An advantage of eSources is that they try to prevent adding ‘middleman’ dropshipping suppliers to their directory. They thoroughly check all suppliers before adding them to the directory.
Pros of eSources
- Allows you to find New Zealand suppliers for a small fee. Considering dropshipping in New Zealand isn’t as popular compared to a country like the US or UK, dropshipping suppliers can be harder to find. For a small fee, eSources may help you find that awesome supplier you’re looking for!
Cons of eSources
- Outdated website. It looks like eSources hasn’t updated the look of their website since they started their business. On the plus side, they do regularly update their products and suppliers.
- Many products on the free plan have MOQ. When you don’t pay for eSources, you can only view a limited amount of dropshipping suppliers. In that case, most of the products you will find will be from wholesalers.
How do you connect eSources to your store?
This question will depend on the supplier you will end up working with.
In many cases, your supplier won’t offer advanced integrations, so you will have to send a .csv file to your supplier every day.
eSources has a free plan, but you will only see a restricted part of their whole database and therefore won’t be able to contact every supplier.
For prices starting from £12.50, you will be able to get their ‘International Supplier’ plan, which enables you to access the whole database of international suppliers:
4. CJdropshipping Review
CJdropshipping is a general supplier that we often recommend as one of the best free suppliers out there.
The remarkable thing about CJdropshipping is that they work with dropshipping suppliers from lots of different and unique countries.
For example, they even have warehouses in Mexico, Singapore, Czechia, etc.
And you guessed it already; they also have a warehouse in New Zealand!
Unfortunately, there’s a ‘but.’
CJdropshipping offers just nine unique products in their New Zealand warehouse:
So, you could use CJdropshipping as your supplier if there’s a product here that you would like to dropship, but it won’t be for everyone.
On the bright side, CJdropshipping also offers a sourcing service.
Using it, you can post a sourcing request for a certain product, and a team at CJdropshipping will try to find it for you!
Note: To post a sourcing request, you will have to create an account on CJdropshipping first.
Pros of CJdropshipping
- Free to use. When you are partnered with CJdropshipping, you won’t have to pay any setup fees, storage fees, or monthly fees.
- Sourcing service. Have you seen an awesome product somewhere, but is it not available on CJdropshipping? Then you can always post a sourcing request, and CJdropshipping’s team can try to source it for you!
- Advanced features. With CJdropshipping’s Shopify app, you can get access to advanced features like automated order fulfillment.
Cons of CJdropshipping
- Limited product selection from New Zealand suppliers. Currently, there are only a few products available for shipping from a New Zealand warehouse on CJdropshipping.
How do you connect CJdropshipping to your store?
If your store is hosted on Shopify, you can simply use CJdropshipping’s Shopify app to connect it to your store.
As mentioned before, CJdropshipping is free to use!
5. Colourblocker Review
We will continue this list with Colourblocker.
Colourblocker is a dropshipping supplier that sells a lot of problem-solving products. Most of their products fit in the kitchen, home, office, or electronics niche.
You might think that Colourblocker is an Australian dropshipping supplier from the image above.
Well, that’s true; Colourblocker is based in Australia. However, they can also ship their products to your customers in New Zealand:
Colourblocker’s sourcing team constantly looks for the latest and most wanted products.
Thus, if you’re looking for a reliable dropshipping supplier to help you grow your business, look at Colourblocker’s website here.
Pros of Colourblocker
- Unique products. If you love things that will make your life easier or more fun, you will love Colourblocker’s product catalog. For example, take a look at these protective goggles for cutting onions.
- It’s free. You can join Colourblocker’s dropship program for free!
- Fast order processing. Colourblocker will pick and pack your order within 48 hours after the order has been placed. However, usually, it’s less than 12 hours!
Cons of Colourblocker
- Not a New Zealand-based supplier. Colourblocker’s warehouse is based in New South Wales, Australia. While they do ship to New Zealand, you shouldn’t expect the fastest delivery times.
- No express shipping options. Colourblocker currently doesn’t offer any express shipping options.
- Restocking fee. When your customers want to return a product, Colourblocker won’t pay for the return shipping costs. On top of that, they charge a $7.95 restocking fee.
How do you connect Colourblocker to your store?
At this moment, Colourblocker doesn’t offer any automated integrations. Once you receive an order, you will have to place it manually on Colourblocker’s website.
However, when partnered with Colourblocker, you will be able to access a CSV document that will contain a lot of information about a product. This document will make publishing a product on your website a lot easier.
To read more about dropshipping with Colourblocker, check out their information page here.
Using Colourblocker as your dropshipping supplier is completely free!
6. iDropship Review
The last general supplier is called iDropship.
iDropship is Australian-based but also targets dropshipping stores operating in New Zealand.
All products that iDropship offers are made in Australia, and the company itself is owned and operated by Australians with over 20 years of experience.
Pros of iDropship
- White-labeled packaging. All of iDropship’s are white-labeled, meaning that the customer is unaware of iDropship’s presence in the process.
- No monthly costs. There are no periodical fees when working with iDropship. Also, there are no setup fees.
- High-quality images are supplied. You won’t have to worry about non-attractive product images. When partnered with iDropship, you will be able to download high-quality product images.
Cons of iDropship
- No warehouses in New Zealand. All of iDropship’s warehouses are located in Australia. (iDropship does ship to New Zealand.)
- Best suited for high-ticket dropshippers. This might be a con for some and a pro for others, but when scrolling through iDropship’s products, you will see totally different products compared to a supplier like AliExpress. (Here’s a complete guide to high-ticket dropshipping)
- Potentially disappointing customer service. iDropship has a couple of negative ratings on Trustpilot. Some people complain about poor customer service, and some say they got frustrated when setting up their online store in combination with iDropship.
How do you connect iDropship to your store?
iDropship created a private Shopify integration app to connect the platform to any Shopify store using an API connection.
To read more about how to connect iDropship to your Shopify store, check out their blog post here.
You can sign up for and use iDropship for free. You will only have to pay for your orders.
The best niche dropshipping suppliers from New Zealand
If general dropshipping suppliers aren’t what you’re looking for, we still have a few niche dropshipping suppliers from New Zealand!
Most niche dropshipping suppliers offer slightly higher-quality products. Also, the supplier will probably know a little bit more about their products, so they will probably be able to answer your questions really well.
Tip: If you’re looking to build a new niche store but aren’t sure which niche to pick, check out the 25 best niche ideas for your store.
1. Just Party Linen Review (Home)
The first niche supplier is Just Party Linen.
Most products from this supplier are linen products for events. That means all kinds of tablecloths, skirting, table overlays, chair covers, and napkins.
All their products have been designed in Australia by a former wedding decorator to comply with high industry standards and repeat use.
Just Party Linen has a retail website but also offers a dropship program for both Australian and New Zealand stores:
Pros of Just Party Linen
- Unique niche. Have you ever seen a dropshipping supplier focusing on linen products? Probably not!
- 30-day returns. You and your customers will have 30 days to return their products.
- Fast order processing. All orders placed at Just Party Linen are dispatched within 24 hours.
Cons of Just Party Linen
- No warehouse in New Zealand. Just Party Linen’s warehouse is located in Perth, Australia. This means that your delivery times may be a bit longer, but don’t forget, you’re also offering pretty unique products that aren’t available in regular stores.
How do you connect Just Party Linen to your store?
Just Party Linen does not offer integration for dropshipping stores. When dropshipping with this supplier, you will have to place your orders with the company manually.
You can start dropshipping with Just Party Linen for free!
2. Ogo Review (Print on demand)
You can use OGO’s Shopify app to design beautiful products and sell them on your online store. OGO offers a fully customizable range of premium t-shirts and merchandise handcrafted in Melbourne.
Last but not least, there are no upfront or reoccurring costs, so you will only have to pay for the products you order.
Pros of Ogo
- Custom merchandise. With Ogo, you can choose from a variety of styles, fits, fabrics and colours.
- Products made in Australia. OGO uses the latest Direct-to-Garment (DTG) technology to deliver quality prints with amazing colours and industry-leading wash durability.
Cons of Ogo
- Australian-based. Ogo is headquartered in Australia. However, they do also work with brands from New Zealand, as you can see here:
How do you connect Ogo to your store?
You can connect Ogo to your store using their Shopify app!
The Ogo Shopify app is free to install. Pay only for products ordered and shipping.
3. Brandsgateway Review (Fashion)
If you’ve always dreamed of owning your own luxury fashion brands store, Brandsgateway is one of the best dropshipping suppliers.
Brandsgateway is based in Estonia but has warehouses and offices all over the globe.
You can use Brandsgateway as a high-ticket dropshipping supplier, as they mainly offer relatively expensive luxury fashion products:
To learn more about dropshipping with Brandsgateway, click here!
Pros of Brandsgateway
- Lightning-fast delivery times. Brandsgateway is based in Estonia, but that doesn’t really matter as they are able to deliver packages to your customer’s doorstep anywhere in the world in just five days.
- High-quality imagery. A subscription to Brandsgateway will provide you with professional product photos and descriptions, which you may use in your store.
- Advanced store integrations. Connect Brandsgateway to your store using their Shopify or WooCommerce plugins, enabling features like automatic inventory updates, real-time order syncing, and currency conversion.
Cons of Brandsgateway
- Pricing. Brandsgateway’s membership fee is definitely more expensive than the average dropshipping supplier. Their cheapest plan will set you back $2,077 per year.
How do you connect Brandsgateway to your store?
By purchasing a subscription with Brandsgateway, you get access to their Shopify and WooCommerce plugins which automate the whole order process for your business!
Here, you can see Brandsgateway’s pricing plans in detail.
Although the annual plan is the cheapest per month, most people will probably pay for the monthly or start-up package to try out Brandsgateway’s service first:
Should you dropship to New Zealand?
If you would like to start a dropshipping business, it can be beneficial to think about your target country beforehand.
It’s common to see that the best countries to target as a dropshipper have:
- Great logistics. This gives access to fast shipping methods.
- A high GDP per capita. This ensures potential customers with a high disposable income.
- A large population. A large population equals many potential customers, which allows you to scale your business.
- A high social media penetration. This gives you a way to reach your customers through online marketing methods like Facebook Ads.
Picking a country with these characteristics can make running your dropshipping business more manageable.
Now, let’s see how well New Zealand scores on these characteristics!
Does New Zealand offer fast shipping methods?
The logistics infrastructure in New Zealand is good, but it’s not the best in the world.
The logistics performance index is an index that gives a score for a country’s efficiency of the custom clearance processes, transport-related infrastructure, and the price of shipments.
Do people in New Zealand have a high disposable income?
If your target audience has a high disposable income, the chance of them buying your product increases.
In New Zealand, each capita earns around $41,441.
This is similar to Canada’s GDP per capita, which is around $43,242. In other words, New Zealand’s GDP per capita is not bad at all!
Are there many potential customers in New Zealand?
Let’s now look at whether or not you will be able to scale your online business in New Zealand.
We will do this by analyzing two facts about the country:
- New Zealand has a population of around 4.9 million people.
- New Zealand’s ecommerce market is expected to grow with an annual growth rate of 7.5%.
First of all, it may look like the population of New Zealand is a bit low:
However, we think you won’t experience a problem with this unless you target a very specific niche. Remember, other great dropshipping countries like Israel (8.7m) or Norway (5.5m) also have smaller populations!
Besides that, New Zealand’s ecommerce market is expected to grow by 7.5% per year. That sounds great, right?
Can you reach customers in New Zealand with online marketing?
This is a section where New Zealand scores really well.
First of all, the mobile ecommerce market currently accounts for 40% of the total ecommerce market in New Zealand, and it’s expected to grow at an annual compound growth rate of 17.3% (source).
Besides, social media is already an important marketing channel in New Zealand. 40% of shoppers already use social media, and a high majority (71%) are open to making purchases via Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms (source).
What are the most popular payment gateways in New Zealand?
Let’s research another important topic, payment gateways.
When setting up your dropshipping store, it’s essential to know which payment options your customers prefer so you can offer those and not lose out on any sales!
Another prevalent payment method in New Zealand is bank transfer. In 2019, this payment method accounted for 25% of all purchases. Major players in this space include Afterpay, Oxipay, and Laybuy.
Digital wallets like PayPal, Google Pay, or Apple Pay come in third. They were used in around 17% of online transactions.
Dropshipping in New Zealand FAQs
This article should have helped you find some incredible suppliers for your dropshipping business in New Zealand.
However, finding a supplier is just one of the many steps required to start a dropshipping business!
If you are interested in starting a dropshipping store in New Zealand, here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions:
Is dropshipping legal in New Zealand?
Yes, dropshipping is a legal business model in New Zealand. You aren’t obliged to have a product you sell in stock or possession as a retailer. (More info here)
Still, remember that you should register your dropshipping company in New Zealand and comply with all laws regarding consumers, online stores, and taxes. Getting a clear insight into these laws is best done by consulting with a professional.
How do you start dropshipping in New Zealand?
For a step-by-step guide on starting a dropshipping business, check out our complete step-by-step guide here!
Does dropshipping work in New Zealand?
How do you find more dropshipping suppliers in New Zealand?
Remember, if you can’t find a New Zealand-based dropshipping supplier that offers the product you’re looking for, you can always use a ‘traditional’ dropshipping supplier like AliExpress. The main disadvantage your will experience in that case is longer delivery times!
Other countries with great dropshipping suppliers
Not sure yet about dropshipping with suppliers from New Zealand? Or are you interested in scaling further to other countries?
We’ve got you covered! Check out the lists below to find great suppliers in different countries:
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in Canada
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in Europe
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in Australia
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in Malaysia
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in the United States
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in the United Kingdom
Plus, don’t forget to check our guide on the best countries for dropshipping!
We hope this article has helped you to find a dropshipping supplier from New Zealand that fits your needs.
And if you have any questions or suggestions for this list, don’t forget that you can always leave a comment below.
Best of luck with the search for your winning product and dropshipping supplier!
Want to learn more about dropshipping?
Ready to move your dropshipping store to the next level? Check out the articles below: