Looking for a comprehensive Spocket review?
You’ve come to the right place!
In this Spocket review, we’ll take an in-depth look at the platform.
We spent tens of hours researching and using the platform, and it gave us a good understanding of how it works and what to expect from it.
To help you, we will go through the main features of Spocket and give you our honest opinion about the platform.
Before we dive into the review, let’s first look at what Spocket exactly is and how it works.
Let’s get started!
What is Spocket?
Spocket is a dropshipping app that gives users access to high-quality products from EU and US suppliers. With Spocket, businesses can start selling products online without worrying about inventory, shipping, or manufacturing.
Spocket allows you to choose from a curated list of products that have been verified for quality.
Spocket’s biggest selling points:
- Fast EU & US delivery times
- Simplified returns & refunds
- Personalized branding tools
- Fully vetted suppliers
- Print-On-Demand products
Everything a dropshipping brand owner wants, right?
Spocket’s founders are a team of entrepreneurs who have been in your shoes and know the struggles of dropshipping. They created Spocket with the goal of solving the main problems of dropshipping, which are long shipping times and high product prices.
They did it quite successfully!
Spocket is now being used by more than 60,000 entrepreneurs around the world, just like you. Spocket is nowhere near its full potential, and it keeps on growing every day.
Even Google Trends proves this:
Spocket was founded in 2017 by CEO Saba Nisar and COO Simon Kremer. The company is based in Vancouver, Canada.
How does Spocket work?
Spocket connects directly to brand pages namely Shopify and WooCommerce namely BigCommerce, Wix, Squarespace, Square, and Ecwid.
That’s the basic dropshipping model, but Spocket goes further by offering fast shipping times, simplified returns & refunds, and personalized branding tools.
This means that businesses only have to worry about marketing and selling their products; they don’t have to worry about inventory, shipping, or manufacturing.
Spocket’s suppliers are fully vetted, and they only work with high-quality products. This is great news for businesses because it means they don’t have to worry about customers receiving products that are defective or of poor quality.
On top of this, Spocket offers fast samples so businesses can try out products before they commit to selling them.
The pros of Spocket
Now that you know more about the platform, let’s look at what it actually offers and if it’s worth it for you!
With a ton of research and using the platform for a while, we came up with the most important pros and cons that you should know about Spocket.
These pros and cons will include the features of the platform, customer support, and pricing.
Let’s start with the pros of Spocket!
1. Easy to use
The first thing we noticed about Spocket is how user-friendly it is. The platform is very well-designed and easy to navigate.
Most of the important stuff is located on the left sidebar:
Even if you’ve never used a dropshipping app before, you’ll be able to find your way around the platform without any problems.
You can even create your Spocket account for free without having to enter your credit card information, and the signup process is very quick and easy. However, to get full access to the features, you will have to upgrade to a paid plan.
During the signup, you can integrate your Shopify store with Spocket. The process is straightforward, and we will go through it later in this article.
Once your store is connected, you can start browsing through the products and add them to your import list (this requires having a plan).
2. Fast EU and US Shipping
One of the main advantages of using Spocket is that businesses can offer fast shipping to their customers. Over 80% of suppliers on the platform are located in the EU and US, which means that products can be shipped quickly to customers in these regions.
This is a big advantage over other dropshipping platforms, which often have suppliers located in China.
Shipping from China can take weeks, which is not ideal for customers who want fast shipping.
If you want to sell your products worldwide, many Spocket suppliers actually offer worldwide shipping. For each product, the product description page includes information about whether worldwide shipping is available:
We scrolled through many different suppliers and found that most offer worldwide shipping.
However, shipping to the EU & US is significantly cheaper than worldwide shipping, and it will take just four to seven days.
For more information about Spocket’s shipping times, check out our in-depth guide here!
3. Wider supplier choices than previously
Spocket is known for its fast EU and the US suppliers.
But recently, Spocket has expanded its services and more suppliers are now offering fast shipping to other countries such as Australia, Canada, and the UK.
Sure, some Spocket suppliers offered shipping to these countries previously, but most of the time, it took 15-30 days. With the new updates, many Spocket suppliers ship worldwide as quickly as in 8-14 days.
Here is an example from one supplier and their shipping times:
As you can see, they ship to all the big countries within 8-14 days. This is defintiely an improvement from previously.
4. Great integrations with the most popular platforms
Spocket integrates with all the most popular ecommerce platforms. including Shopify, BigCommerce, and Wix.
Spocket also has a WordPress plugin that makes it easy to dropship products on a WordPress website.
The plugin is free to download, but you will need to have a Spocket plan to be able to use it.
5. Reliable and verified suppliers
As a company, Spocket takes pride in its screening process. Unlike AliExpress, where anyone can become a supplier, Spocket only accepts high-quality suppliers who meet its standards.
Spocket’s team goes through a strict verification process with each supplier.
Here is an overview of the requirements:
- The products must be high-quality and meet EU and US standards
- The suppliers must have a good reputation
- The suppliers must be able to provide fast shipping and tracking information
- The products must be competitively priced
- The suppliers are required to maintain an order success rate of 95%
- The suppliers are required to answer any order inquiries 24-48 hours after shipment
These requirements ensure that businesses that use Spocket can sell high-quality products to their customers.
6. Large product catalog
Spocket has a wide selection of over 10,000 different products, ranging anywhere from women’s clothing to electronics.
The products are all high-quality and meet the required standards to sell worldwide.
Spocket has products in the following categories:
- Bath & Beauty
- Women’s Clothing
- Bath & Beauty
- Kids & Babies
- Jewelry & Watches
- Tech Accessories
- Home & Garden
- Footwear Accessories
- Men’s Clothing
- Bags & Wallets
- Festivals & Parties
- Sports & Outdoors
Under each category, there are subcategories. For example, under the Women’s Clothing category, there are subcategories for Activewear, Shorts, Pants, and more.
And what’s the best part about the products?
According to Spocket, their products are priced at a 25-40% discount compared to the retail price. Spocket recommends a 40% discount, but the minimum amount is 25% that suppliers have to offer.
That’s quite an impressive discount!
Spocket also has different filters for product research that you can filter by, such as country of shipment, shipping and item cost, and whether the supplier is rated as a top supplier.
With the pro plan and above, you can also filter Premium products and hot-selling products on Spocket.
7. Detailed product pages
This is probably one of the most important factors for you as a seller.
What information do the product pages include that helps you decide whether the product is the right for you to sell? What’s the retail price? What are the shipping options?
These are all important questions to which you need to know the answer before selecting products.
To help you, we will go through everything that the product pages contain. As an example, we will use this Military Waist product page:
Let’s go through all the things you can find on the product page:
- Product images. Spocket’s product pages usually consist of one to ten different photos of the product that you are allowed to use. These are typically high-quality images that show different angles of the product.
- Product description. The product description includes information about the product, such as the materials used, the size, the weight, and the features. These descriptions are definitely not ready to use, but they give you a good overview of what the product is.
- Supplier info. For each product, you will get supplier info such as when they joined the platform, their other products, shipping country, and average processing time.
- Listing and retail price. Spocket will show you the listing price (what you pay) and the retail price. As we mentioned earlier, Spocket suppliers are required to offer a minimum discount of 25% compared to the retail price.
- Add to import list. This button allows you to add the product to your import list. The import list is where you can find all the products that you want to sell in your store.
- Order samples. One of the strongest selling points of the Spocket platform is that you can order product samples directly and easily from the product page. The cost of the sample is the same as the listing price.
- Open product variations. This button opens up the product variations if there are any. For example, if the product comes in different colors or sizes.
- Processing time. This is the estimated processing time it will take for your supplier to send out the product.
- Shipping time. Spocket gives clear shipping times for each country on the product pages. You can see the time and the cost of the shipping, as well as the countries the supplier doesn’t ship to. Some suppliers include the shipping cost in the product cost, like in this example, but usually, there is an extra shipping cost.
- Return policy. One of the most important visible things is the return policy, which is on every Spocket product. On each product page, you can clearly see the requirements for you and the seller.
8. Winning products tool
As a new feature, Spocket also has a winning product tool. This tool filters all the best-selling products on Spocket and creates a list from them.
As this tool is new, it only features around 100 different products that are divided into different countries. Will the amount get bigger? Probably yes, with time, but there are no guarantees.
Regardless, it is still a great tool to get an idea of what is selling well on Spocket.
The winning products tool is available on all the paid plans.
9. Branded invoicing and packing slips
Spocket also offers branded invoicing and packing slips. This is a great feature as it allows businesses to add their own branding to their products.
This is a great way to make your business look more professional and help you stand out from your competitors.
10. Excellent customer support and self-service options
Another great thing about Spocket is that they offer excellent customer support.
Spocket’s customer support team is available 24/7, and they are always willing to help with any issues that you may have with their platform.
In terms of self-service options, Spocket offers a comprehensive knowledge base where businesses can find answers to their questions.
11. Additional tools that make Spocket stand out
In addition to all the previous tools and features we have gone through, Spocket has a few additional features worth noting. However, they are not substantial enough to have a separate section, so we will show them here.
- Spocket image search. One of the unique features of Spocket is that you can search images from their catalog by image. As an example, if you are researching products and find an interesting one, you can check with Spocket’s image search tool to see if they have it or something similar to it.
- Supplier notifications and messages. To help you work with the suppliers, you have a separate place for communicating with your suppliers. If there are any changes, such as a change in cost, fulfillment update, or anything else, you will get notified.
The cons of Spocket
While Spocket has many advantages, there are also some disadvantages that businesses should take into account.
Let’s go through those cons!
1. The app is not available for free
Spocket has a 14-day free trial, but after that, businesses have to pay to use the app.
The pricing starts at $29 per month, which is not too expensive. However, it is worth noting that there are other options available that are free to use, so that’s why we count this as a con.
2. Customized packaging not available
If you are looking to private label your business and ship your products using customized packaging, Spocket isn’t for you.
If you’re not sure what private labeling means, check out this article here, which goes over the difference between dropshipping and private labeling
Spocket’s pricing comes with a free plan that allows you to test out the app and browse the product catalogs and other features without any limitations.
The paid plans range from $29 to $299 per month, with the more expensive plans giving you access to more features, such as more products and supplier options, and bulk checkout.
Spocket offers a 14-day free trial for all of their paid plans. and you can also get a discount if you pay for Spocket annually.
If you wish, you can cancel your subscription at any time.
Tip: Check out our article about Spocket’s pricing plans if you’re having doubts about which plan to choose!
How do you get started with Spocket?
Getting started with Spocket is relatively easy, and to make it even easier, we will go through the process here.
Let’s dive straight in!
1. Sign up for Spocket
The first step to getting started with Spocket is to sign up for their platform from their website.
You can do this easily by heading to their home page and clicking one of the ‘Get Started’ buttons.
You will be headed to another signup page, where you will have to fill in some of your details.
Basically, that’s it! After this, you can access the dashboard, where you should get a popup that allows you to integrate your Shopify store with Spocket.
Spocket integrates with other popular ecommerce platforms as well, but as Shopify is the most popular option, it will pop up.
From the “Your Store” section, you can integrate Spocket with all the other popular ecommerce platforms.
2. Browse the catalogs
Once you have signed up for Spocket, you can start browsing the catalogs.
As we discussed earlier, Spocket has over 10,000 products and multiple catalogs to select from, so there will definitely be something to your needs.
You can use different filters that Spocket offers or just do a broad search. It all depends on your personal needs.
3. Order a sample
A great way to test out what a product is like is to order a sample. This will allow you to see the quality of the product and whether it’s something worth taking further steps in.
Luckily, ordering a sample piece is easy with Spocket!
On each product page, you can find the ‘Order Samples’ button that allows you to place sample orders.
Simply fill in your shipping and card details, select your variant and the number of samples you want, and that’s it!
4. Add products to your store
Adding products to your store with Spocket is quite an easy process!
This requires that your online store is already integrated with Spocket.
If you want to import products, simply go to the product page of the product you want to import.
You will find an ‘Add To Import List’ button that allows you to add your products to the Spocket import list.
Once you click the button, the product will appear on the ‘Import List’ page, where you can further push it into your online store.
You just have to fill in some basic details:
5. Start selling
Once you have added the products to your online store, it’s time to start selling!
The following should be checked before starting to sell:
- Come up with the correct pricing for your products.
- Make sure your settings, such as shipping and payment, are set up.
- Write a compelling description and add high-quality images from Spocket.
- Add a custom domain to your online store.
Of course, these are just some of the main points, and every platform has its things to do before selling, but these should give you a good starting point!
FAQs about Spocket
To broaden your view even more about Spocket, let’s go through some FAQs about Spocket:
Is Spocket legit?
Spocket is a legit dropshipping app that can be used worldwide. It has over 1,850 reviews on Trustpilot.
What kind of customer support does Spocket offer?
For all of Spocket’s paid plans, they offer 24/7 email and live technical support. They also have a great knowledge base.
Who is Spocket made for?
Whether you are a dropshipper, wholesaler, ecommerce business owner, or entrepreneur, you can take advantage of Spocket’s fast and reliable suppliers.
What do other users say about Spocket?
With the help of review apps, we’ve collected what other entrepreneurs are saying about Spocket.
Spocket has a stellar 4.7/5 rating on Trustpilot with over 1,850 reviews.
Something is definitely working for them!
Here is what we found on their Trustpilot profile:
Users love their customer service and its efficiency:
I just joined Spocket and had some questions, Russel was very helpful and answered all my questions very quickly and was very nice. I am super excited to continue building my store with Spocket.
I clicked in to check Spocket, and received the very attentive fastest response from the team member named “SPENCER”. I thank and really appreciate his kind and honest answer. I will sure subscribe.
The chat support AJ was amazing. Answered all my questions in a timely manner and even offer additional information to make my experience smoother.
- It is being told to have easy to use interface:
Super easy. Just what I needed. You must go through and rewrite the product descriptions, but still so much easier than inputting all the information. Use your alley scraper and you can take variance photos variant photo product descriptions everything an important straight to your shopify store. Takes up all the hard work.
While Spocket has a lot to offer, it has some great alternatives as well.
Each of these alternatives offers something different when compared to Spocket, so we want to highlight those to help you make the correct decision.
Let’s start with the alternatives!
First on the list is CJdropshipping, a free Spocket alternative with warehouses in multiple countries.
CJdropshipping offers fast worldwide shipping for its products and a wide selection of different products.
On top of that, if the product does not exist in the CJdropshipping warehouse, you can place a sourcing request for them.
For more information about CJdropshipping, check out our in-depth review here!
If you are looking for a similar service to Spocket, Modalyst is a great alternative!
Modalyst has suppliers located in the US and Europe, and they offer a fast delivery time.
One advantage of Modalyst over Spocket is that they have a more extensive product catalog!
They also offer a free plan for those just getting started. The only catch is that you have to stay under 25 products, or else you will have to upgrade to their ‘Start Up’ plan, which costs $35 per month.
Last on the list is Syncee, which is a B2B platform that allows you to work with a directory of dropshipping suppliers.
Syncee focuses more on providing suppliers worldwide rather than only the EU and US.
One big advantage of Syncee over Spocket is that you can chat with the suppliers directly and ask any important questions you might have before starting to sell.
Reading and absorbing information and knowledge is great (definitely if it’s free!), but do you know what’s even better?
So, to help you with taking action with what you have learned in this article, take a look at the bullet points:
- Create a free account with Spocket, and get yourself familiar with the platform’s features and what it has to offer.
- If you don’t have an online store yet, and you plan to start selling, now it’s time to create one. For beginners, we recommend Shopify (check our tutorial on that).
- Integrate your online store with Spocket (we went through this process earlier).
- Start importing products into your online store and create appealing product descriptions, and add high-quality images to boost your chances of success.
- When everything is ready and your products are added, it’s time to start selling! This is where you have to become creative in regard to your advertising. We have some dropshipping advertising tips as well if you are interested!
Spocket is a great app for businesses in the EU and the US who are looking for fast shipping times and high-quality products.
If you are still not convinced whether Spocket is the right solution for you, you should definitely take advantage of their 14-day free plan! Or just create a free account with them (no credit card required) and see what they have to offer firsthand.
That’s it! If you have any questions, remember that you can always contact their support or ask any questions down below in the comments.
Want to learn more about dropshipping?
Ready to move your dropshipping store to the next level? Check out the articles below: