Are you planning to start a dropshipping business that will operate in Canada’s ecommerce market?
If so, you will likely benefit from a dropshipping supplier based in Canada.
You might think that you have to start in the US, but I’m here to tell you that there are plenty of great dropshipping suppliers in Canada that can help you get started.
In this article, we have compiled a list of 12 dropshipping suppliers in Canada that have the best turnaround time, product quality, and customer service.
These suppliers operate from and store their products in Canadian warehouses, which means you will be able to achieve much quicker shipping times compared to your competitors who are using Chinese suppliers.
Also, it doesn’t matter if you are planning to start a general store or a niche store.
That’s because we have split the article into two separate lists:
- The best dropshipping suppliers in Canada who offer products in all kinds of niches. (General products)
- The best dropshipping suppliers in Canada who are focused on a specific niche.
We will begin with the list of general dropshipping suppliers in Canada shortly, but before that, let’s take a look at why dropshipping in Canada is a great idea.
Why would you dropship to Canada?
If you would like to start a dropshipping business, it can be incredibly helpful to think about your target country beforehand.
It’s common to see that the best countries to target as a dropshipper have:
- Great logistics
- A high GDP per capita
- A large population
- A high social media penetration
In other words, you will have:
- Access to fast shipping methods
- Potential customers with a high disposable income
- Many potential customers, which allows you to scale the business
- A way to easily reach them with an online marketing method like Facebook Ads
Picking a country with these characteristics can make running your dropshipping business much more manageable.
But, if you don’t believe me, let’s take a look at the four characteristics I mentioned above to see if Canada is a good country to target.
Or take a look at our infographic below:
Does Canada offer you access to fast shipping methods?
In short, yes. Canada is ranked as 14th best in the world in the logistics performance index. This means you will experience efficient custom clearance processes, a great transport-related infrastructure, and competitively priced shipments.
What’s more, if you decide to work with one of the Canadian dropshipping suppliers you will find in this list, then you may even be able to compete on delivery times with a company like Amazon!
This is because your supplier and customer are located in the same country, making the shipping process much faster.
Do people in Canada have a high disposable income?
Canada has a GDP per capita of around $43,242. In other words, each capita earns a bit more than people from the United Kingdom but less than people from the United States.
Besides that, Canadians spend a relatively high amount on online purchases. In the ranking of countries that spend the most on ecommerce per capita, Canada comes in at rank number 7 with an ecommerce spend per capita of $1,746.
This is an excellent indicator that there is a lot of potential in this market!
Are there many potential customers in Canada?
Canada has a population of around 38 million people.
The great thing is that of those people, 26.1 million are digital buyers and, therefore, potential customers for your dropshipping business! Last but not least, Canada’s share of millennial online shoppers is 28%, which is relatively high.
From these figures, I think it can be concluded that you shouldn’t have to worry about quickly hitting the “ceiling” when scaling your online business in Canada!
Can you reach customers in Canada with online marketing?
Reaching potential customers with digital advertising in Canada shouldn’t be your biggest hurdle.
Canada stands in the top 10 of the largest digital ad markets worldwide of 2020. Each consumer spends an average of around 5.5 hours(!) with digital media in Canada. Finally, 57% of adults have recently seen social media ads in Canada.
All in all, Canada is a great country to target with a high GDP per capita, an English-speaking population, and a high share of millennial online shoppers.
And, by operating in Canada with a Canadian dropshipping supplier, you will gain several advantages, including fast shipping times!
What are the most popular payment gateways in Canada?
Before starting with the list of Canadian dropshipping suppliers, I quickly wanted to show you these statistics of Canada’s most popular payment gateways.
By being aware of your target country’s most popular payment gateways, you will be able to let your customers pay with a payment method they are already used to, which reduces a lot of friction in the buying process.
As an online store in Canada, you should definitely offer your customers the ability to pay with credit cards. Canada is a heavy credit card market, and payment methods like Visa, Mastercard, and American Express are used in around 62% of transactions.
PayPal is a prevalent payment option, being used in around 20% of mobile payments.
One popular payment method that is specific to Canada is an online banking system called “Interac”. Basically, you should offer it as a payment option on your store to let customers check out safely and securely from within their own banking environment.
By offering these three payment methods, most online shoppers will be able to comfortably check out on your online store!
The best general dropshipping suppliers from Canada
We will start off by showcasing dropshipping suppliers in Canada that offer products in a variety of niches.
We have compiled this list by screening each supplier on criteria for good dropshipping suppliers such as:
- Product catalog
- Customer service
- Order processing time
I’m hoping to make this list as valuable as possible, so for each one of these suppliers, we will:
- Include a link to their website. You will be able to either click on the title or on the screenshot of their homepage to check out their website.
- Shortly introduce the supplier. This way, you learn about the supplier and their unique features.
- Give you the pros & cons. This will help you to make an educated decision about which supplier to pick.
- Tell you how to connect this supplier to your store. This way, we can guide you in the right direction to integrate the supplier’s products with your own store.
- Tell you about their pricing plans. So you will know what to expect when you’re going to work with them.
Ready to start? Let’s go!
We will start this list with Spocket.
Spocket is a platform that collects dropshipping suppliers and acts as a connection between your store and the supplier.
Many of the suppliers you will find on Spocket will be located either in the United States or Europe. Still, that doesn’t mean you won’t find any dropshipping suppliers from Canada there!
In Spocket’s dashboard, you will be able to filter suppliers based on the location they ship from. By doing so, you can easily separate the Canadian dropshipping suppliers from the rest:
Furthermore, you will be able to find products from all kinds of niches:
- Filter on Canadian suppliers. You can filter based on both “Ship from” and “Ship to” locations, allowing you to find the supplier you are looking for.
- Test out products and suppliers before committing. You can order product samples to test suppliers with just a few simple clicks.
- Great integration possibilities. Spocket can be integrated with ecommerce platforms like Shopify, Wix, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, and more.
- Branded invoicing. When scaling your business, you can consider upgrading to the Pro plan to unlock branded invoicing.
- Lack of customized packaging. If you want to brand your dropshipping business with branded packaging, Spocket isn’t for you.
- No direct supplier chat. You won’t be able to ask all questions you should ask your supplier beforehand. There is no feature on Spocket to chat with your supplier directly.
How do you connect Spocket to your store?
Spocket currently has a connection with:
If you’re interested, you can click on the integration you’re curious about to read more about it.
Let’s continue with Syncee, another platform made to connect dropshippers with suppliers!
Just like Spocket, Syncee offers a database with hundreds of suppliers from various countries, including Canada!
Here’s an example of a Canadian dropshipping supplier which I found through Syncee’s dashboard:
- Pricing. If you have a store with less than 25 items, you will be able to use Syncee for free!
- Location-based filtering. Syncee offers a feature similar to Spocket’s, where you are able to filter on Canadian dropshipping suppliers.
- Chat with suppliers feature. Using Syncee’s built-in communication tool, you will be able to ask suppliers some important questions before partnering with them.
- Auto order. New orders you receive get sent directly to your dropshipping supplier!
- Complicated. According to reviews on Syncee’s Shopify app, their dashboard can be hard to navigate and set up initially.
How do you connect Syncee to your store?
Integrations for Wix, Squarespace, and WooCommerce will be available soon.
If you go over the 25 product limit, Syncee’s plans start from $29 per month and go up all the way to $129 per month.
The top 3 will be finished with DropCommerce, a directory of suppliers based in the US and Canada.
DropCommerce focuses on filling its directory with suppliers that sell high-quality and sustainable products. Their directory is filled with over 400 suppliers, all of which are based in North America!
- In-app messaging system. DropCommerce comes with an in-app messaging system that allows you to send messages to suppliers directly.
- Fast shipping. Because of the suppliers’ locations, the shipping time is just 3-5 days!
- Branded invoicing. Add a special touch to your packages by adding your brand’s logos on the receipt.
- Limited features on cheaper plans. For example, automated fulfillment is only available on the “Professional” plan.
- Product pricing. DropCommerce’s dropshipping products are relatively expensive. However, this makes sense considering they are high-quality and made in North America.
How do you connect DropCommerce to your store?
After a 14-day free trial, you will have to choose one of DropCommerce’s plans, ranging from $19 to $89 per month.
The following dropshipping supplier is called CJdropshipping.
This is a supplier with warehouses that are located all over the world, including Canada!
The only downside is that you will find only a small number of products that can be shipped from warehouses in Canada. But, you might be able to increase this selection of products by using CJdropshipping’s sourcing service (more on that later).
- Sourcing requests. If you can’t find the products you are looking for in Canadian warehouses, CJdropshipping can help you source them! However, you will first have to create an account, which you can do here.
- No hidden fees. There are no hidden fees on the platform; you will just have to pay the product’s price and the shipping costs.
- Wide choice of products in US warehouses. On some occasions, the products stored in US warehouses will also be eligible for fast shipping to Canada.
- Limited product selection from Canadian suppliers. If you filter on products that are stored in Canadian warehouses, you will only find a few.
How do you connect CJdropshipping to your store?
If your store is hosted on Shopify, you can simply use CJdropshipping’s Shopify app to connect it to your store.
CJdropshipping is free to use!
Wholesale2b is a platform offering dropshipping suppliers as well as integration features such as order automation and order tracking.
Wholesale2b is ranked the lowest in the list because they don’t actually have suppliers with warehouses in Canada in their directory. However, you will find a lot of US suppliers that can ship their products to Canada with fast shipping:
If you want to discover if Wholesale2b is a fit for your business, you can create a free account here!
- Browse through the suppliers and products for free. You can create a free account and browse through the whole product catalog and supplier database.
- Pricing. Compared to other dropshipping suppliers, Wholesale2b is pretty inexpensive!
- Tracking numbers are automatically synced. Once the package is sent out, your customers will immediately get a notification with their tracking number.
- Auto order processing. This is a great feature that will save you a lot of time by not having to process all of your orders manually.
- No suppliers with warehouses in Canada. On Wholesale2b, you will mostly find suppliers based in the US.
How do you connect Wholesale2b to your store?
Check out this page to find out if they support your platform!
Wholesale2b’s pricing plans are based on your ecommerce platform but will most likely be $29.99 per month:
The best niche dropshipping suppliers from Canada
With all general suppliers out of the way, we can now start with those that are specialized in a particular niche.
One advantage of partnering with a niche supplier is that they are likely to have higher quality products and better answer your questions about the product.
Tip: If you’re looking to build a new ecommerce store, but aren’t sure yet which niche to pick, then check out the 25 best niche ideas for your store.
1. Art of Where (Print on demand)
Art of Where is a dropshipping supplier based in Canada selling print on demand items. And honestly, their website looks really fancy.
They can supply custom products like apparel, home decor, and paper goods.
The great thing is that all orders are printed, cut, sewn, and packaged from Art of where’s studios in Montreal, Canada.
- Large selection of products. This isn’t just a regular print on demand supplier that can only sell you custom t-shirts. Art of Where offers a large collection of various kinds of customizable products!
- Made in Canada. This supplier is committed to making products to the highest standards.
- Worldwide shipping. Art of Where can ship your products to almost everywhere in the world!
- Custom labels and packaging. Art of Where lets you make the package 100% yours by providing options to customize the labels, cards, and stickers.
- Quality of support is questionable. Judging by the company’s reviews on Google, it seems like quite some people have problems with Art of Where’s support.
How do you connect Art of Where to your store?
You can connect Art of Where to popular ecommerce platforms like Shopify and WooCommerce. Read more about Art of Where’s integrations here.
Art of Where doesn’t charge you any monthly fees, so they are free to use. Furthermore, they have a special discounted rate for dropshipping stores on their products!
2. Printful (Print on demand)
This is a company you may have heard of before; it is called Printful!
Just like Art of Where, Printful is a dropshipping supplier in the print on demand niche.
Printful has warehouses all over the world, including one in Toronto, Canada:
Using Printful, you will be able to design your own products like t-shirts, hoodies, earrings, posters and sell them online!
- Relatively large product collection. Currently, Printful offers more than 250 unique products that you can fully customize to your likings. That includes products like bags, towels, and (of course) T-shirts!
- Great integrations. You can connect Printful to more than 20 ecommerce platforms, including Shopify, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce.
- The delivery time is quite long. Before Printful can ship out your order, they have to create it first, which can take up to 7 business days. This causes the total shipping time to be around 7 to 12 business days.
- No refunds for orders in the wrong size or color. Since each product is unique, it will cost you money each time a customer orders something in the wrong size or color as Printful won’t refund it.
How do you connect Printful to your store?
You can connect Printful with almost any ecommerce platform or online marketplace. Check out this page for more info!
Instead of fixed monthly membership plans, Printful uses fulfillment fees.
To learn more about these fees and calculate your potential profits when using Printful, click here!
3. Grosche (Drinks)
Grosche is a brand and supplier of various products related to tea, coffee, and hydration. Among others, Grosche sells items like water bottles, mugs, and espresso makers.
The company has warehouses in Canada and offers a dropship/wholesale program for online store owners!
- Periodic discount programs. Grosche will offer you periodic discount programs as well as other promotions after signing up with them as a partner.
- No single-item purchases. Grosche doesn’t have minimum order requirements, but all their products come in packs of either two or four pieces.
- Delivery time. After ordering, it takes between five to eight days before the shipment will arrive, which is relatively long.
How do you connect Grosche to your store?
Grosche currently doesn’t offer any integrations to ecommerce platforms.
You can sign up and become a partner of Grosche for free here.
4. Gelato (Print on demand)
Gelato is a more internationally-focused print on demand supplier that produces its items in 32 countries. That’s quite a lot, right?
Because Gelato has fulfillment warehouses in this many countries, it can get items to be delivered within an average of 72 hours.
You’ve probably guessed it already, but one of those 32 countries is Canada! Check out a map of Gelato’s warehouses below:
- Fast shipping. Orders from Gelato are often delivered within three days!
- Scalable. If you decide to scale your ecommerce business operating in the Canadian market, you won’t have to switch suppliers as Gelato can reach over 200 countries and territories!
- Integrations may have some bugs. While reading reviews on Gelato’s Shopify app, you will find that some people experience technical difficulties.
How do you connect Gelato to your store?
You can connect Gelato to a Shopify, WooCommerce, or Etsy store. You can read more about connecting your business to Gelato here.
When using Gelato, you will only have to pay for your ordered products. That means no monthly membership fees!
5. Hammock Universe (Outdoors)
Hammock Universe will likely be your go-to dropshipping supplier if you’re looking to start selling hammocks in Canada.
This supplier has been selling their hammocks for around 20 years already, so it’s safe to say that they will know a thing or two about them!
- Free and fast shipping. Products ordered on Hammock Universe arrive within five business days in most cases. Furthermore, the company offers free shipping for all orders above $25.
- Unique niche. By creating an online store around this niche, you will really be selling something unique!
- It will become your competitor too. Hammock Universe isn’t just a dropshipping supplier; they’re an online store selling hammocks in Canada as well. So, you will have to make sure that you can beat your online store’s competition to succeed.
Hammock Universe refuses to charge anything extra for their dropship clients. You will be able to benefit from this supplier’s wholesale prices and discounted shipping rates for free!
6. Teehatch (Print on demand)
If you’re looking to start a print on demand business in Canada, I guess you won’t have difficulties when it comes to finding a supplier!
We continue with Teehatch, who is another print on demand dropshipping supplier in Canada.
However, as their name implies, Teehatch primarily focuses on shirts!
- Location. Teehatch is based in Canada and is only a few hours away from the US border. This gives them hassle-free access to orders from both the US and Canada.
- Automated. Teehatch offers automated product syncs, order placements, and shipping notifications!
- The number of unique products. Teehatch does offer a lot of different shirt variations but lacks a number of extra categories that could be nice for a print on demand store.
- No social proof. Teehatch isn’t that popular yet. To give you an idea, their Shopify app currently only has one rating.
How do you connect Teehatch to your store?
You can connect Teehatch to a Shopify store using their app.
You can install this supplier’s Shopify app for free!
7. Kimmyshop (Toys)
Hey, look! A dropshipping supplier in Canada that isn’t in the print on demand niche!
Kimmyshop is a dropshipping supplier based in Canada and is selling products in the toys niche.
- Discount for entire product catalog. After signing up for Kimmyshop’s dropshipping program, you get a 15% discount on their entire catalog.
- Copyrighted products. By the looks of it, Kimmyshop offers some products that may be copyrighted. Try to avoid these products, as you may run into legal trouble with them later on.
How do you connect Kimmyshop to your store?
Connecting Kimmyshop to your store is not possible. You will have to process all your orders on their website manually.
Kimmyshop charges a subscription fee of $15 per month with a 14-day trial. You can read more about their dropship program here.
Canada Dropshipping Suppliers: An Overview
Those were all dropshipping suppliers from Canada!
If you feel like the list is a bit too long, here’s an overview that will hopefully make it easier to see which suppliers were included in the list:
|Spocket||General||$0 / $24 / $49 / $99 per month|
|Syncee||General||$0 / $29 / $79 / $129 per month|
|DropCommerce||General||$19 / $49 / $89 per month|
|Wholesale2b||General||Often $29.99 per month (depending on platform)|
|Art of Where||PoD||Free|
|Kimmyshop||Toys||$15 per month|
What should you ask dropshipping suppliers before working with them?
Before ending the article, I wanted to give you a quick tip on what questions you should ask your supplier before working with them.
As you know, your dropshipping supplier is essential for your business and can, on some occasions, make or break it.
Therefore, it’s crucial to do your due diligence before partnering with a dropshipping supplier.
To help you with this, we have written an article about 14 questions that you should ask your dropshipping supplier.
Try to use these questions in your first contact with a supplier and judge their answers to get a feeling for what it will be like to work with them.
Often, good dropshipping suppliers will respond fast with detailed answers, while the bad ones will take longer to react and will have very vague answers.
For example, like this:
Here’s a quote from American author Tony Robbins that shows how important it is to ask the right questions:
Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.Tony Robbins
Canada is one of the world’s leading business nations. The country has been developing at a fast pace and has become one of the best countries to target as a dropshipper.
It is filled with well-educated and global-minded people with a nice chunk of disposable income. The Canadian population is one of the world’s best-employed folks, which brings us to the conclusion that the country is a fantastic market for bringing in profits.
Hopefully, this article helped you to discover new dropshipping suppliers from Canada. If you are experiencing difficulties with choosing a supplier, then check out this article for help.
Remember, one of the popular alternatives for dropshipping from Canada is dropshipping from the US. Many excellent dropshipping suppliers are located in the US, and some of them will also be able to ship to Canada!
To find dropshipping suppliers from the US, you can check out these two articles:
And if you’re interested in a big list, then check out the 91 best dropshipping suppliers here.
If you have any questions or suggestions for this list, don’t forget that you can always leave a comment below.
Best of luck with the search for your winning product and dropshipping supplier!
Have a great day!