Dropshipping is becoming more and more popular in Malaysia as online entrepreneurs discover the benefits of running their businesses this way.
If you're looking for suppliers to work with, you're in luck – we've compiled a list of the 13 best dropshipping suppliers in Malaysia for you!
So whether you're just starting out or you're already up and running, these suppliers should give you everything you need to get started in the Malaysian market.
The Best Malaysian Dropshipping Suppliers: An Overview
Before starting the article, we would like to show you an overview of all the best Malaysian dropshipping suppliers covered in this article:
|Kumoten||General||RM69.90 / RM89.90 per month||Kumoten Review|
|SaleHoo||General||$67 per year / $127 lifetime||SaleHoo Review|
|eSources||General||£0 / £12.50 per month||eSources Review|
|DropshipMalaysia||Home and living||Free||DropshipMalaysia Review|
|A Fashion Story||Fashion||RM0 / RM30 per year||A Fashion Story Review|
How do you pick the right Malaysian dropshipping supplier?
Considering the large number of suppliers to choose from, it may be a challenge to pick the best one for you.
When specifically looking for a Malaysian dropshipping supplier, the best thing to pay attention to is which supplier offers a product you would like to sell and the integration you are looking for.
So, first, take a look at each supplier's product catalog and try to find a product you would like to dropship.
If multiple suppliers offer an exciting product, look at the product prices. Which supplier offers cheaper products?
Picking the more affordable products will increase your profit margins. (And don't forget to check the quality of the products)
Finally, the supplier's integration possibilities are important to think about.
The best general Malaysian dropshipping suppliers
Ready to learn more about the dropshipping suppliers mentioned above?
We will start with a list of general Malaysian dropshipping suppliers. In other words, suppliers that offer diverse products in many different niches.
Here is what we will do for each supplier:
- Include a link to their website. You can either click on the title or the screenshot of their homepage to check out their website.
- Shortly introduce the supplier. Learn about the supplier and its unique features.
- Give you the pros & cons. This will help you to make an educated decision about which supplier to pick.
- Tell you how to connect the supplier to your store. This way, we can guide you in the right direction to integrate the supplier’s products with your own store.
- Tell you about their pricing plans. So you will know what to expect when you’re going to work with them.
Let’s get started:
1. Kumoten Review
According to their website, Kumoten is Malaysia's largest dropship automation system.
Kumoten is a marketplace made for dropshippers where you can buy all kinds of products. As you can see, they offer a wide variety of products, from food containers to beauty items!
Most of Kumoten's products are stocked in Malaysian warehouses, but if you are willing to buy products from overseas warehouses, they will offer around 50,000 additional products to choose from.
Pros of Kumoten
- Fast shipping. If you dropship products from Kumoten's local stock, they will be delivered to your customers in just one to three days!
- Orders are automatically fulfilled when using (one of) Kumoten's integrations. This is always a great feature as it saves a lot of time!
Cons of Kumoten
- The discounts on some products are a bit low. Kumoten may not be the cheapest supplier to buy your dropship products. For example, one of their products is sold for RM12.40, while the retail price is RM14.20. Because of the low margin, you are basically forced to sell on a third-party marketplace like Lazada or Shopee (more on that below).
How do you connect Kumoten to your store?
Kumoten is more or less designed for dropshippers who want to sell products on either Lazada or Shopee.
Lazada and Shopee are two of the biggest ecommerce marketplaces in Malaysia and South East Asia in general. You can think of them as the Amazon of the South East!
Looks great, right?
Using Komoten to sell products on your own (for example, Shopify) store is likely not the best choice.
Because of the small margins, you are pretty much forced to sell the product on a third-party marketplace like Shopee or Lazada. Otherwise, you wouldn't have enough margins to pay for things like marketing costs.
To start dropshipping with Kumoten and their Malaysian warehouses, you can sign up for their ‘Instant' membership plan.
It basically offers all the features you need for a starting price of RM69.90 per month:
Note: When looking for Malaysian dropshipping suppliers, you may also come across DropshipMurah and SaveValue2U. These may be two good alternatives for Kumoten, as they offer the same features.
We even suspect they might be from the same owner, as the website layout and footer are almost identical for all three suppliers. This is why we chose only to discuss Kumoten for this article.
2. SaleHoo Review
SaleHoo is a platform made to connect dropshippers with suppliers. In other words, it's a supplier directory, which means it collects the contact information of dropshipping suppliers worldwide.
As such, it offers benefits like accessing your favorite suppliers in one click and communicating with multiple trusted suppliers from your dashboard!
So, can you find dropshipping suppliers from Malaysia on SaleHoo too?
Of course! SaleHoo features over 8,000 reliable dropshipping suppliers worldwide, and Malaysia is a country they did not miss.
Take a look at these four Malaysian dropshipping suppliers on SaleHoo:
Together, these Malaysian suppliers offer a total of 2,089 products!
Pros of SaleHoo
- Vetted suppliers. If you are a new supplier and want to be featured in SaleHoo’s supplier directory, you will be thoroughly checked first. This way, SaleHoo ensures that all its customers can work with the suppliers in the directory safely and securely.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you worry about not liking what SaleHoo has to offer, it’s great to know that Salehoo provides a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Therefore, you will always be able to get your money back hassle-free.
- Great customer service. SaleHoo’s reviews on Trustpilot mostly mention SaleHoo’s great responsive customer service team.
Cons of SaleHoo
- It’s ‘just a supplier directory.’ By doing an extensive (Google) search, you may be able to find the supplier you’re looking for yourself.
- Limited integration features. Unlike a supplier like Kumoten, SaleHoo does not offer features like automatic order fulfillment.
How do you connect SaleHoo to your store?
SaleHoo is just a supplier directory, so it doesn't offer a way to connect the dropshipping supplier to your store directly.
The method you can use to connect your store to the supplier will depend on the supplier. Some will require you to send them your orders in a .csv file, while others will offer integrations to your store if you’re using an ecommerce platform like Shopify.
To access SaleHoo’s supplier directory, you will need their ‘SaleHoo Directory‘ plan, which costs $67 per year or $127 for a lifetime plan.
The great thing about SaleHoo’s pricing is that they offer a $1 trial (seven days), which is an excellent option for people who just want to try SaleHoo out for a few days and see if it’s the right fit for them!
3. Dropezada Review
Next up, we have Dropezada, a dropshipping automation tool that will help you dropship to the Shopee and Lazada marketplaces.
With that, it's a great alternative to Kumoten!
Dropezada's website has a bit of a nicer design, but they are pretty much the same in terms of features.
In terms of products, Dropezada's does seem to offer the better products (in terms of winning product characteristics), but the downside is that they provide a lot fewer unique products.
Only about ten to 40 for each product category:
Pros of Dropezada
- Excellent products. Just take a look at Dropezada's product selection. A lot of them could become winning dropshipping products!
- Great product images. Dropezada ensures that all of its products come with beautiful product images.
- Automation features. Using Dropezada's integration will unlock features like automatic product uploads, automatic stock updates, and automatic order fulfillment.
Cons of Dropezada
- The number of unique products is small. Dropshipping with Dropezada means you won't have many products to choose from.
How do you connect Dropezada to your store?
Dropezada is designed as a supplier for Shopee and Lazada stores:
You can sign up for Dropezada for free here!
4. eSources Review
eSources is one of the most experienced dropshipping supplier directories. It's a bit old-fashioned, but that doesn't mean it's not a great tool for finding dropshipping suppliers from Malaysia!
More than half of the eSources supplier directory consists of UK wholesalers, but it also contains 12 Malaysian dropshipping suppliers:
As you can see, these suppliers offer products in various niches, like car accessories, office furniture, and eye care.
Pros of eSources
- Allows you to find Malaysian suppliers for a small fee. Since dropshipping in Malaysia isn’t as popular as in a country like the US or UK, dropshipping suppliers can be harder to find. For a small fee, eSources may help you find that superb supplier you’re looking for!
- Does not contain ‘middleman' dropshipping suppliers. eSources tries to prevent adding suppliers to their directory that resell someone else's products. Therefore, they thoroughly check all suppliers before adding them to the directory.
Cons of eSources
- Outdated website. It looks like eSources hasn’t updated the look of their website since they started their business. On the plus side, they do regularly update their products and suppliers.
- Many products on the free plan have MOQ. When you don’t pay for eSources, you can only view a limited amount of dropshipping suppliers. In that case, most of the products you will find will be from wholesalers.
How do you connect eSources to your store?
This question depends on the supplier you will be working with.
In many cases, your supplier won’t offer advanced integrations, so you will have to send your supplier a daily .csv file containing your orders.
eSources has a free plan, but it only lets you see a restricted part of the database, which means you won’t be able to contact every supplier.
For prices starting from £12.50 per month, you will be able to get their ‘International Supplier’ plan, which enables you to access the whole database of international suppliers:
5. CJdropshipping Review
For example, besides popular countries like the United States and the United Kingdom, they even have warehouses in Mexico, Singapore, Czechia, etc.
And you guessed it already; they also have a warehouse in Malaysia:
All products listed in the Malaysia warehouse catalog will have a speedy delivery time to your customers!
And, if the product you are looking for is not available, CJdropshipping even offers a sourcing service, which means that their team will try to find the product you are looking for and add it to their catalog.
Note: To post a sourcing request, you will have to create an account on CJdropshipping first.
Pros of CJdropshipping
- Free to use. When partnered with CJdropshipping, you won’t have to pay any setup, storage, or monthly fees.
- Sourcing service. Have you seen a nifty product somewhere, but is it not available on CJdropshipping? Then you can always post a sourcing request, and CJdropshipping’s team can try to source it for you!
- Advanced features. With CJdropshipping’s Shopify app, you can get access to advanced features like automated order fulfillment.
Cons of CJdropshipping
- The Malaysian warehouse product selection is limited. Currently, most Malaysian products on CJdropshipping are either bathroom or fashion products.
How do you connect CJdropshipping to your store?
If your store is hosted on Shopify, you can simply use CJdropshipping’s Shopify app to connect it to your store.
CJdropshipping is free to use!
6. Cico Review
Cico is a Malaysian dropshipping supplier similar to Kumoten. Its main goal is to offer a wide range of dropshipping products that you can connect and sell on a Lazada or Shopee store.
Most of Cico's inventory consists of relatively simple household products:
Let's check out Cico's pros and cons:
Pros of Cico
- Low prices. Many of the products offered by Cico are priced under RM10!
- 24/7 support. Cico offers 24/7 support on WhatsApp, which means there will always be someone to help you with your problems.
Cons of Cico
- It does not look like the most sophisticated supplier. For example, Cico's website can look a bit amateurish in some places and may lack some more detailed information on how their platform works.
How do you connect Cico to your store?
Cico offers integration for Lazada and Shopee stores. You can find Cico's video guide on how it works here.
Cico does not require a paid membership plan to start working with them. You can sign up for a dropshipping account on Cico here!
The best niche Malaysian dropshipping suppliers
With the general suppliers out of the way, let's look at the suppliers specializing in a specific niche.
To prevent the article from becoming too long, we will discuss these a bit more briefly, so let's start!
1. DropshipMalaysia Review (Home and living)
DropshipMalaysia is a niche supplier supplying various home and living niche products.
Examples include laundry baskets, smart mugs, and notepads. If you're interested, you can browse through all their products on this page.
How do you connect DropshipMalaysia to your store?
DropshipMalaysia offers support for both Lazada and Shopee stores.
They do not offer integrations for ecommerce platforms like Shopify or WooCommerce.
2. Heartbeat Review (Gifts)
Besides being an online shop, Heartbeat is also looking for dropshippers to work with. As a dropshipper, you can upload your customer's photo, and Heartbeat will ship the product to your customer:
How do you connect Heartbeat to your store?
Heartbeat does not offer automated connections. You will have to upload your customers' photos onto Heartbeat's website manually.
You can join Heartbeat for free on this page.
3. Kime Review (Fashion)
Kime is a Malaysian dropshipping supplier in the fashion niche. They provide all sorts of fashion items like shoes, school uniforms, and Muslim wear.
Kime is actually an online store, but they also have a program for dropshippers who want to resell their products.
The nice thing is that Kime works with a structure that will give you increasingly higher discounts the more orders you have per month!
Related article: Looking for more clothing dropshipping suppliers? Check out our in-depth list here!
How do you connect Kime to your store?
When dropshipping with Kime, you will have to process your orders manually. More information can be found here.
Kime's membership fees are always free!
4. Asogo Review (Bikes)
The next Malaysian dropshipping supplier, Asogo, sells all kinds of bikes and bike accessories!
Asogo is an online store but also has a dropshipping program.
A downside of Asogo is that the order processing time is quite slow. According to their dropship program page, the product will be shipped out two to five days after they receive your payment.
How do you connect Asogo to your store?
Asogo does not offer integrations; orders have to be placed manually.
Signing up for Asogo's dropship program is free.
5. A Fashion Story Review (Fashion)
A Fashion Story is another Malaysian supplier in the fashion niche. You will have plenty of female fashion products to choose from by working with them!
You can read more about their dropship program on this page.
How do you connect A Fashion Story to your store?
Connecting this supplier to your store is not possible; orders must be processed manually.
A Fashion Store offers a free dropship plan, but they also have a paid ‘Premium' dropship plan.
The paid plan unlocks an additional 20% discount and 1% reward points. Considering it only costs RM30 in yearly membership fees, it is really worth it!
6. eCubeStore Review (Electronics)
The following niche supplier is eCubeStore.
This is a Malaysian online store selling products in the electronics niche. Besides selling to consumers, eCubeStore offers to opportunity to partner with them through their dropship program.
How do you connect eCubeStore to your store?
Like most other Malaysian niche suppliers, eCubeStore does not offer any connection to your store.
You can become a dropship partner of eCubeStore for free!
7. Gatti Review (Sportswear)
The last Malaysian niche supplier on this list is called Gatti, an online store specializing in sportswear.
Using Gatti's dropship program, you can start selling their products without having them in stock!
How do you connect Gatti to your store?
Connecting Gatti to your store is not possible. Your orders will have to be processed manually.
You can register for Gatti's dropship program for free through this link.
Why would you dropship to Malaysia?
So, let's take a look at whether or not it's a smart move to start a dropshipping business in Malaysia.
Normally, we look at four things to find the answer to this question:
- The logistics
- The GDP per capita
- The population
- The social media penetration
First of all, the logistics are great. You've seen that some Malaysian dropshipping suppliers can deliver their products in one to three days!
Malaysia is not the wealthiest country, so the GDP per capita is not that great. However, this is compensated by the Malaysian ecommerce market, which is one of the fastest-growing in South East Asia.
Lastly, the population and social media penetration are excellent too. Malaysia's population is not minor, and plenty of people use social media.
To conclude, starting a dropshipping store in Malaysia can be profitable, especially considering that it's pretty much an untapped market!
What should you ask a Malaysian dropshipping supplier before working with them?
With all the Malaysian suppliers on this list, you may be wondering if there are any questions you should ask before working with them.
The answer is yes! Here are 14 questions that you should ask your dropshipping supplier.
Good dropshipping suppliers often respond fast with detailed answers, while the bad ones will take longer to react and will have very vague answers.
Here is an example:
What are the most popular payment gateways in Malaysia?
Knowing the preferred payment method of your target audience is crucial for keeping your conversion rate high.
In Malaysia, a bank transfer is the most popular payment method for ecommerce transactions. It is used in 46% of transactions.
The most popular payment gateway in Malaysia for bank transfers is called Financial Process Exchange (FPX).
Bank transfers are followed by credit and debit cards, which sum up to 29% of transactions. Therefore, bank transfers and cards are by far the most popular payment gateways in Malaysia.
Next are digital wallets (PayPal, etc.), cash on delivery (COD), and other payment methods.
Here are Malaysia's most popular payment methods summarised:
Dropshipping in Malaysia FAQs
If you still have any questions left about dropshipping in Malaysia, this FAQs section will hopefully answer them!
Is dropshipping legal in Malaysia?
Yes, dropshipping is a legal business model in Malaysia. You aren’t obliged to have a product you sell in stock or possession as a retailer. (More info here)
Still, remember that you should register your dropshipping company in Malaysia and comply with all laws regarding consumers, online stores, and taxes. Getting a clear insight into these laws is best done by consulting with a professional.
How do you start dropshipping in Malaysia?
To start dropshipping in Malaysia, you must find a supplier and create your dropshipping store. Finding a supplier should be an easy task with the help of this article.
For your dropshipping store, you have various platforms to choose from. Popular dropshipping marketplaces in Malaysia are Lazada and Shopee. Alternatively, you can sell products on your own store built with a platform like Shopify.
Is dropshipping taxable in Malaysia?
Yes, dropshipping is taxable in Malaysia. If you are making income with your dropshipping store, you may be obliged to pay taxes. The best way to get more insight into this topic is by consulting a professional.
Other countries with great dropshipping suppliers
Not sure yet about dropshipping with suppliers from Malaysia? Or are you interested in scaling further to other countries?
We’ve got you covered! Check out the lists below to find great suppliers in different countries:
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in India
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in Canada
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in Europe
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in Australia
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in New Zealand
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in the United States
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in the United Kingdom
Plus, don’t forget to check our guide on the best countries for dropshipping!
We hope you’ve found an amazing Malaysian dropshipping supplier from one of the options on this list.
But what is our final verdict?
What is the best Malaysian dropshipping supplier in 2023?
In our opinion, the best Malaysian dropshipping supplier in 2023 is Kumoten. Other great options to go with are SaleHoo and Dropezada.
Of course, it depends a lot on the products you want to sell, so don’t be afraid to look at various platforms and see which ones offer the products you are looking for!
Here's a table containing our overview from earlier, which you can use to check out all the different suppliers easily:
|Kumoten||General||RM69.90 / RM89.90 per month|
|SaleHoo||General||$67 per year / $127 lifetime|
|eSources||General||£0 / £12.50 per month|
|DropshipMalaysia||Home and living||Free|
|A Fashion Story||Fashion||RM0 / RM30 per year|
If you have any questions or suggestions for this list, don’t forget that you can always leave a comment below.
Best of luck with the search for your Malaysian dropshipping supplier!
Have a great day!
Want to learn more about dropshipping?
Ready to move your dropshipping store to the next level? Check out the articles below: