With the increasing demand for CBD products, more and more entrepreneurs are looking to start their own CBD dropshipping business.
However, finding the right suppliers can be challenging.
In this article, we will introduce you to the six best CBD dropshipping suppliers that can help you kickstart your business.
Let's dive in!
The Top CBD Dropshipping Suppliers: An Overview
For a quick overview of the best CBD dropshipping suppliers, take a look at the table below:
|$199 / $999 / $1,999 per month
|The Real CBD
|The Real CBD Review
|$19 per month
|Headshop Drop Review
|US / Hong Kong
|Puffing Bird Review
|CBD Reakiro Review
|Free / $99 / $199 per month
|Avida CBD Review
Found your supplier? Read our A-Z dropshipping guide here to find your next step!
How do you choose the best CBD dropshipping supplier?
When choosing the best CBD dropshipping supplier, there are a few key factors to consider:
- Product quality. Look for suppliers who use high-quality, organic hemp and have their products tested by third-party labs.
- Product selection. It's important to offer a variety of CBD products to your customers. Perhaps, you may choose a niche within CBD products, such as hemp oils for pets.
- Budget. Of course, pricing is an important consideration. Are you willing to sacrifice quality for a lower price? If not, you'll have a higher budget for finding the best suppliers.
- Shipping and fulfillment. You want to work with a supplier who can get your products to your customers quickly and efficiently.
- Customer support. It's important to have a good relationship with your supplier and to be able to get in touch with them if you have any questions or concerns.
You can apply these criteria to all of the CBD dropshipping suppliers we've listed below and see which one fits your needs the best.
6 Great CBD Dropshipping Suppliers
Excited to discover the best CBD dropshipping supplier for your store?
To maximize the benefits of this article, we will provide the following for each supplier:
- Include a link to their website. Throughout this article, you'll find links leading you directly to each supplier's website.
- Website description. Each supplier has unique features. We'll also include those so you can decide which one works for you.
- Pros and cons. We'll tell you in all transparency what we like and don't like about each supplier.
- Pricing list. If you are just getting started, it is important to know what you should expect to pay.
- Store connection. We'll mention which ecommerce platform this supplier has partnered with.
Let's start with the first one!
1. CBD.co Review
Do you enjoy going shopping?
Well, this is what CBD.co looks like, it's like an Amazon for CBD products only!
CBD.co is an online marketplace that offers a wide variety of CBD products from various brands. They offer CBD oil, capsules, gummies, topicals, pet products, and more.
CBD.co ensures that all of its products are made from high-quality, organic hemp and are third-party tested to ensure purity.
They also have a blog section where they provide information about CBD, its benefits, and how to use it.
CBD.co stands out compared to the other suppliers that we've reviewed until now because they offer a vast selection of CBD products from different brands.
This means that you can offer your customers more options, and they can choose the product that best suits their needs.
What makes CBD.co so unique is that you can sort the products by categories, such as:
- CBD type
- New arrivals
- Featured CBD
- CBD on sale
- CBD brand
These little changes in the whole structure of their website can give you a headstart when it comes to finding the products you're interested in.
- Large product selection. CBD.co is a marketplace with a huge selection of products gain more knowledge on the subject and use it to your advantage when marketing your products.
- Free shipping. CBD.co offers free shipping on orders over $750.
- Blog. Their blog is full of helpful information about CBD and its uses. This can be a great way to gain more knowledge on the subject and use it to your advantage when marketing your products.
- Product sourcing. The company has limited information available about the sourcing and manufacturing of its products.
- Strict return policy. You can return products within 15 days from the date of the purchase; after that, the product will be ineligible for return. Also, if the product has been opened or used, it will be ineligible for return, so be sure to test any of the products first.
CBD.co offers competitive product pricing, with discounts available for bulk orders; however, their Shopify app is costly:
Indeed, it will cost you a minimum of $200 per month to a maximum of $2,000, so make sure you do a proper assessment before subscribing to this service.
How do you connect CBD.co to your store?
CBD.co offers an easy-to-use API that allows you to connect your store to their Mothership Retailer plugin.
2. The Real CBD Review
The Real CBD is a European-based company founded in 2017 that specializes in CBD products. They offer CBD oils, capsules, and much more.
In fact, this company offers a wide selection of CBD products for pets, such as oils, capsules, and treats.
As mentioned earlier, CBD is a new but rapidly growing industry, so the competition over time will be fierce.
But, if you can develop a marketing angle to promote CBD-related pet products, you can establish your store as an authority in the industry rather than just sell everything in one place.
The Real CBD also offers organic hemp products grown locally in Europe with a focus on quality and safety, and their Trustpilot reviews, as well as the ongoing certifications, are proof of that.
They only produce oils from flowers and leaves, and afterward, they use a process of CO2 extraction that separates all the compounds from the plant.
Then, they test their final products in third-party labs to ensure purity and quality.
- High-quality products. Quality is by far the most critical aspect of CBD products, and they seem to fulfill all aspects of it.
- Competitive pricing. Considering the quality of the overall products, their pricing isn't that far off from the competition.
- Fast shipping. They offer free shipping on purchases over €150, which is great for scaling your business.
- No clarity on the dropshipping process. There isn't much information about how you can process dropshipping orders, so the best option is to reach out to them via their form here.
- Currency. All prices are in Euro, which can be a barrier for international customers; they could use an automated currency converter inside their website based on IP location.
The Real CBD offers competitive pricing on its products, with discounts available for bulk orders; the overall pricing will depend on the product you're looking for.
How do you connect The Real CBD to your store?
They don't seem to have an app to connect your store; however, they mention on their page to contact them to get started:
3. Headshop Drop Review
Headshop Drop is a CBD dropshipping supplier that specializes in smoking accessories.
They add new products every week to keep up with the latest industry trend, so you'll always be able to find something new for your store.
What's nice about Headshop Drop is that they give you step-by-step instructions from start to finish.
Each section of the user manual has corresponding guidance on installing the app to your ecommerce store and an easy-to-contact customer support team via the ticket feature already installed within the app!
Isn't that awesome?
One downside is that they specialize in CBD smoking accessories, so if you're interested in other CBD products, this may not be the right supplier for you.
However, you may submit a ticket and ask them to add a product that you are looking for, and they may be able to help you.
Now, they don't have a great rating in the Shopify app store; however, we can't judge by only two negative reviews out of six, right?
Plus, from what we can see, they answer 'constructive complaints' very quickly, so you may want to try it and see how it goes for you.
- Large selection of smoking accessories. Headshop Drop's main strength lies in their specialization in CBD smoking accessories, which can make them a leading industry supplier in this category.
- Fast shipping. They claim your customer will get the order within a few days.
- Track your spending. A great feature to help you track your spending history so you can avoid any overspending.
- Free trial. You'll get a 30-day free trial to test all features for free. If you don't like their services, you'll have no obligations.
- A limited selection of CBD products. The CBD industry is broad. There are CBD oils for pets, creams, capsules, gummies, and infused beverages. The lack of more options can be a deal breaker for some.
- No free shipping options. Having a free shipping option could incentivize more customers to join them. For instance, they could give free shipping options for orders over a certain amount of order spending.
Headshop Drop is one of the most competitive CBD suppliers out there in terms of pricing. You can try it for free and pay $19 monthly after the trial.
Their pricing includes unlimited fulfillment, unlimited orders, and plenty of other features to kick-start your business:
How do you connect Headshop Drop to your store?
Headshop Drop offers an easy way to connect your store, through its Shopify app.
4. Puffing Bird Review
The next supplier, Puffing Bird, is a US-based online smoke shop and CBD dropshipper.
They offer a wide selection of smoking accessories, glass bongs, dab rigs, pipes, vaporizers, rolling papers, and more.
Although you may notice a similarity in terms of products offered between this supplier and Headshop Drop, Puffing Bird offers a different approach.
For starters, the perceived quality of their CBD accessories (such as pipes) is way higher; it gives you the feeling that a professional artist designs the crafted pieces:
Now, remember that quality comes at a price, which is the main downside of this supplier.
However, you can sell this product to an audience looking for high-end pieces. There are always people around the world willing to spend more for a better quality product!
- Large selection of smoking accessories. They have a huge selection of CBD smoking products, ranging from artisan-crafted products to more techy ones. For example, you can come up with an angle of selling these all-in-one CBD smoking kits as a birthday gift.
- FAQs. Their FAQs section is one of the most comprehensive we have ever seen, so you'll find answers to just about every question. If you don't, you can still reach out to them via their email address here.
- Return policy. If your customer isn't happy with the purchased product, they can return it within 30 days for a full refund. Keep in mind that some of the products aren't refundable. Therefore, read their return policy carefully.
- Reviews. Unfortunately, their reviews aren't the best ones, however, do take into consideration that the majority aren't verified. Since there is a lot of hateful behavior on the internet, we'd recommend to test this supplier for yourself and make a decision upon your experience.
- Expensive products. Their products tend to be pricier than other suppliers; hence you'll need to find an audience that is willing to pay for a premium quality product.
The app is free to use; however, the price of the products will depend entirely on the product your customer will purchase from you.
It varies from product to product, but they may offer discounts if you can negotiate a deal with them.
How do you connect Puffing Bird to your store?
If you're using Shopify, just look for their Shopify app and simply add it as any other app:
5. CBD Reakiro Review
If you want full transparency for what it's in your products, then CBD Reakiro is a great option.
CBD Reakiro uses lab-tested hemp from Europe, which provides additional assurance for the quality of its products and the safety of its customers.
The company publishes CBD laboratory tests for each of its products, which are publicly available on its website, so customers can easily access information and make sure that what they're buying is actually good quality.
Now, with the increasing demand for gluten-free products, it's nice to see that they're offering a great selection of gluten-free options, which can be helpful if you're looking to target this part of the market.
Also, if you're worried about offering your customers free shipping options (we understand that oftentimes the minimum order amount is quite high).
They offer free shipping on all orders over €65 (with the GLS courier option only), which can help you increase your product selection.
That said, we highly recommend that you check out their shipping policy to see if your country is on their list and know the shipping times since it varies from country to country.
Once you read the shipping policy, the next good practice is to get confident with their terms of service, as violating them may lead to your account being permanently closed.
But don't worry; there's some light at the end of the tunnel!
In fact, the good news is that they will give you a discount depending on the number of sales that you make per month; in short, the more sales, the higher the discount!
If this sounds good to you, check out their terms of service here.
- Transparency. They publish laboratory tests for each product and are always updating them, so customers can be sure about what they're buying.
- Suitable for a specific audience. Their products are certified as gluten-free but also free from pesticides and OGM, which is awesome if you think that many people would love to see that in their products.
- EU made. The European Union has strict regulations regarding CBD products, and their hemp is grown locally in Europe, which helps you with quality assurance.
- Multi-language. It is great to see that they have a multi-language website available in English, French, and German.
- Lack of pricing at a glance. In days when companies provide a pricing plan for every product, it's a bit of a bummer that you have to reach out to them to find out its pricing.
- No dropshipping app. Dropshipping is part of their business model; however, no app or system lets you easily connect your store to their products; you will have to contact them first through the application form here.
- Consumer report. Some customers have reported shipment delays, and the overall website should be more beginner friendly to allow customers to make purchases more easily.
Their dropshipping program is free to join; however, you may still want to contact them just in case and ask if they'll charge any fees later.
How do you connect CBD Reakiro to your store?
If you have a website, you can contact them through the application form here to start the process, and they will help you integrate their products into your store.
6. Avida CBD Review
Avide CBD is the last one on our list, and we left it as a last for a reason, there isn't so much clarity for their dropshipping program.
In fact, you'll need to use a third-party app, Inventory Source, to sync your store with Avida CBD, which can be a bit of a hassle not to have the full information directly available on their website.
Once you complete this step, you can pull the inventory and pricing from their catalog.
That said, the free version of the app limits your business scalability potential, so eventually, you may need to upgrade to the $99 or $199 per month plan.
This is an extra cost that you'll need to take into account.
Also, if you are tech-savvy, you'll love Inventory Source's automated order fulfillment feature, which most other CBD suppliers don't offer.
Now, let's talk about Avida as a whole.
It is by far the cheapest supplier that offers free shipping for products over $35, which is not bad if you think that the minimum amount at most suppliers is around $50.
What's also nice about them is that they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, so if your customer is not happy with the product, they can return it, and you'll get a refund similarly.
This is huge! This way, you can minimize chargebacks and increase your conversion rate.
For the overall product quality, let's let the reviews speak for themselves. Avida CBD has over 69 pages filled with reviews and a five-star rating!
- Cheapest shipping solution. They have by far the lowest minimum prices to be eligible for free shipping when compared with other companies.
- 30-day money-back guarantee. They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee so customers can return their products if they are not satisfied with them.
- Lots of reviews. They have lots of reviews and 5-star ratings, so customers can trust them more when buying their products.
- A third-party app is needed. To sync your store with Avida CBD, you will need to use a third-party app which may increase the cost of running your business with them.
- Lab results. They allow you to see their laboratory test results. However, when we actually check, the page gives an error, so this could leave a potential partner with some doubts.
The cost of Avida CBD's products is not fixed and varies depending on the specific product purchased by your customer.
However, the cost of Inventory Source is something you should consider if you want to automate your business.
How do you connect Avida CBD to your store?
You can connect your store with Avida CBD by signing up for Inventory Source.
Can you dropship CBD products?
However, since we're talking about ingestible products, due to the nature of this industry, it is imperative to source products from the highest quality suppliers, possibly with access to their test lab, to verify the authenticity.
Pros of dropshipping CBD products
- Low startup costs. Dropshipping eliminates the need to purchase inventory upfront, which can significantly reduce startup costs.
- Wide selection of products. With dropshipping, you can offer a wide variety of CBD products without having to hold inventory.
- Flexibility. Dropshipping allows you to run your business from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection.
- New industry. CBD is a relatively new industry, which can give you the opportunity to be a pioneer if you take it with the right angle, for instance, create a shop all around CBD for athletes, or CBD for pets.
Cons of dropshipping CBD products
- Legal issues. Regulations around CBD products can vary by country and state, and it is important to comply with local laws and regulations to avoid legal issues.
- Quality control. Since you are not handling the products yourself, it can be difficult to ensure the quality of the products being shipped to your customers, even though you may order a sample to test the product.
- Payment processing issues. Some payment processors consider CBD a 'high-risk' industry and may refuse to offer their services or charge higher fees.
Before we go to the final verdict, we've created a quick summary of this article for you, so you can easily remember it:
- Headshop Drop is a great supplier if you want to build a business all around CBD smoking accessories.
- Puffing Bird is a great supplier for you if you are to build a shop about artisan and funny CBD gifts that can make your store stand out.
- CBD.co is a marketplace, so you're looking to build a general CBD store; this is a great option because you'll have a broad selection of products.
- The Real CBD is an awesome supplier if you're looking to build a CBD store specifically to sell CBD products for pets.
- There are a lot of gluten-intolerant people nowadays, so this can be a great opportunity to build a store only for gluten-intolerant folks, and CBD Reakiro has plenty of products.
- If you love automation, Avida may be just right for you since they have an automated order fulfillment feature, which most other CBD suppliers don't offer.
There you have it! Our list of the top six CBD dropshipping suppliers.
It isn't an easy task to choose a dropshipping supplier, let alone for the CBD industry!
So, hopefully, this article has helped you to form a decision!
But what is our final verdict on the best supplier?
Final verdict: CBD.co is the best CBD dropshipping supplier. They offer a wide range of CBD products and provide clear step-by-step instructions on how to start a partnership with them.
Our second choice is The Real CBD; they provide high-quality products and a lot of free informational material, which can help you learn more about the CBD industry.
Let us know in the comments below if you think we've missed any suppliers!
Want to learn more about dropshipping?
Ready to move your dropshipping store to the next level? Check out the articles below:
- How to Advertise Restricted Products: 4 Great Tips for 2024
- 9 Benefits of a Great Ecommerce Platform (Don’t Rush This)
- Dropshipping Profit Margin: All the Stats You Need to Know
Plus, don’t forget to check out our in-depth guide on how to start dropshipping here!