Finding the perfect dropshipping supplier can be challenging if you're looking to launch a dropshipping business in California.
But don't worry; we can help you find the best dropshipping suppliers in California to get your business up and running before you know it.
So come along and join us as we share our top seven picks!
The best dropshipping suppliers from California: An overview
Here is an overview of all the best dropshipping suppliers from California!
|$0 / $35 / $90 per month
|$39 per month / $399 per year
|My Online Fashion Store
|$9 to $39 per month
|My Online Fashion Store Review
|$295 per month
Found your supplier? Read our A-Z dropshipping guide here to determine your next step!
How do you pick the right dropshipping supplier from California?
With all suppliers on this list, choosing the best one for your store can be challenging.
How do you pick the one that's best for your store?
Well, the easiest way to choose the best dropshipping supplier is to remove as many options from the list as possible.
As a start, you could check if any of the niche suppliers correspond to your store’s niche.
If so, take a look at them! Chances are you will find some of their products interesting.
Now, you can consider the ecommerce platform you are using and if a supplier offers a connection for it. If so, it will save you a lot of time and effort when importing products and processing orders!
And lastly, determine if any specific features are crucial for you. For instance, you may want to work with a supplier that offers 24/7 customer support.
As an example, let’s assume you’ve found the following things:
- This list does not include a niche supplier that matches your niche.
- You are using Shopify.
- You would like to use a supplier that offers automated order processing.
You can apply these criteria to the list below and see which suppliers match! For these criteria, you can try Modalyst!
The 2 best general dropshipping suppliers from California
Ready to learn more about the best dropshipping suppliers from California?
We hope to make this list as valuable as possible, so for each supplier, we will:
- Include a link to their website. You can click the title to check out their website.
- Shortly introduce the supplier. So you can learn about the supplier and its unique features.
- Give you the pros & cons. This will help you to make an educated decision about which supplier to pick.
- Tell you how to connect this supplier to your store. This way, you can integrate the supplier’s products with your own store.
- Tell you about their pricing plans. All suppliers on this list are free, but some offer paid pricing plans that unlock more features.
Ready to start? Let’s go!
1. Modalyst Review
Let's continue the list with Modalyst, a dropshipping supplier that has its headquarters in San Francisco, California.
Modalyst makes it simple for online store owners to source, list, and sell products stored in the US:
While Modalyst was most known for its collection of dropshipping products, they've also started offering print on demand products now:
- Sell existing brands. Suppliers on Modalyst sell products from all kinds of popular brands, including Calvin Klein, Diesel, and Puma.
- No monthly fee for <25 products. If you have less than 25 unique products listed on your store, you can get unlimited sales without paying membership fees!
- Chat with suppliers. Modalyst has a built-in message feature that allows you to chat with brands and suppliers.
- Mostly fashion products. If you were planning to start dropshipping products in one of the best dropshipping niches, such as the pet niche, Modalyst wouldn't give you the most extensive range of products to choose from.
- High transaction fee. Modalyst charges a 5% transaction fee per order for every plan they offer, which is higher than the industry average.
- Premium suppliers. To access Modalyst's premium suppliers, you must pay $90 per month for the pro plan, which is relatively expensive.
- Disappointed customers. Lately, Modalyst's Shopify app has been receiving quite some negative reviews from users.
How do you connect Modalyst to your store?
You can connect Modalyst to Shopify, Wix, or BigCommerce stores:
You can use Modalyst for free if you keep your number of products under 25.
For stores with more products, here are Modalyst's pricing plans:
2. Sellvia Review
The first Californian-based supplier is Sellvia.
Sellvia has been developed to address the main pain point of any ecommerce entrepreneur, long delivery times from Asia to North America.
So, how did they solve this pain point?
You might have guessed it already; the company buys products from suppliers in Asia and stores them in its US warehouse in Irvine, California. Then, they ship out the products straight to US customers.
- Reliable, fast delivery times. With Sellvia, your US customers will receive their products in one to three business days. Besides that, all products are processed within 24 hours.
- Automated order placement. Thanks to Sellvia's store connection, new orders are automatically forwarded to the supplier.
- Sellvia Custom Store. Sellvia offers a great done-for-you dropshipping store service. Click here to read our review of Sellvia's Custom Store!
- Prices are lower than on AliExpress. Sellvia claims to offer lower prices than AliExpress, which is great for your profit margins!
- The given profit figures might be misleading. On Sellvia's product pages, they give you a potential profit number calculated by subtracting the retail price from the product price.
However, the shipping costs are not considered here, which may be even higher than the product price. And remember, you will have other costs for your business too!
Tip: Would you like to find out what your real profit would be? If so, check out our profit margin calculator here!
- Not the cheapest supplier. Sellvia's pricing plans start at $39 per month, which is relatively expensive.
- They might be faking reviews. There is a "We’ve removed a number of fake reviews for this company" notification on Sellvia's Trustpilot page. This is a red flag because you don't know how many of their positive reviews are from real users.
How do you connect Sellvia to your store?
You can connect Sellvia to WooCommerce or Shopify stores. Visit Sellvia's integrations help page for more information!
Using Sellvia's standard subscription plan costs $39 per month. This plan will give you unlimited product imports and orders.
The other option is Sellvia Pro, which costs $399 per year. This plan contains a turnkey store and more!
If you're confused now, check out our Sellvia pricing plans article for an in-depth explanation!
And yes, you can get a 14-day free trial by clicking here!
The 6 best niche dropshipping suppliers from California
With the general suppliers out of the way, let's continue with the best suppliers specialized in a particular niche!
1. Trendsi Review (Clothing)
Trendsi is a dropshipping clothing supplier shipping products from a US-based warehouse located in Los Angeles, California. (Which means fast and reliable shipping)
Compared to a clothing supplier like BrandsGateway, Trendsi sells fewer high-end clothing brands, so it's definitely an accessible way to start dropshipping clothing.
Trendsi currently offers over 100k SKUs and releases more than 50 new products daily.
As a cherry on top, they don't charge any monthly fees!
Let's explore Trendsi's other pros (and cons):
- Great reviews. At this moment, Trendsi is one of Shopify's most popular clothing supplier apps. Their app has an impressive average rating of 4.9 stars from 2k+ reviews!
- No monthly costs. With Trendsi, you only pay for the products you buy.
- In-house photography. Trendsi's professional photography team provides beautiful product imagery for your store and marketing creatives.
- Smart real-time inventory sync and restock. This will help you never miss any sales opportunities.
- Only for Shopify stores. Trendsi has an automated connection only for Shopify stores.
- Shipping times. When you use a US supplier on Trendsi, the shipping time is 2-5 business days. However, when the supplier is overseas, the shipping time is 5-10 business days.
How do you connect Trendsi to your store?
You can find Trendsi's Shopify app here:
Trendsi is free to use!
2. Apliiq Review (Print On Demand)
Even better, clothing is all they do; and their goal is to ensure they are the best at it!
Apliiq's focus is on the US. They ship all their orders from Los Angeles, California, and the entire customer service team is also in the US.
As Apliiq says, you get the dopest clothing - on demand!
- Focus on private labeling. Apliiq understands that branding is everything. As such, you can apply your own tags, patches, and labels on your clothing items.
- Unlimited samples. With Apliiq, you can order samples with unique designs one by one. Test out your products before you sell them!
- Fully automated. Apliiq handles your orders on autopilot!
- No specific information about manufacturing and shipping times. Apliiq could be more transparent on how long it takes to produce a clothing item and deliver it to a customer.
How do you connect Apliiq to your store?
Apliiq doesn't charge any setup or monthly fees for dropshipping!
3. My Online Fashion Store Review (Clothing)
My Online Fashion Store is a supplier based in California selling products in the fashion niche.
An advantage of My Online Fashion Store is that they focus entirely on dropshipping stores. They aren't offering wholesale services or reselling directly to the public themselves in the meantime - for example, via an outlet store.
By becoming a member, you can access over 5,000 fashion items (like fashion clothing) shipped from a warehouse in Los Angeles.
Tip: If you’re interested in their Shopify app, you can get it with more than a 50% discount through My Online Fashion Store’s website here.
- Fast shipping. My Online Fashion Store guarantees shipping times of five to seven business days anywhere in the US.
- Free returns. Returns are always a big headache for fashion retailers. Luckily, My Online Fashion Store offers free returns!
- No automated order fulfillment. To process an order with My Online Fashion Store, you must order it manually through their website. This takes a lot of time!
How do you connect My Online Fashion Store to your store?
My Online Fashion Store offers automated connections to various platforms, including Shopify, WooCommerce, and Wix. You can find more on their dropship program page.
Depending on your dropship program, My Online Fashion Store costs between $9 and $39 per month. They offer a 14-day free trial for all plans as well!
4. OfficeCrave Review (Office Supplies)
OfficeCrave is an experienced supplier of office supplies.
Having started in 2006, they've served many customers for more than ten years and have now grown to having 48 distribution centers, including four located in California!
But don't think they sell office supplies only. You'll also find products like cleaning supplies and printing supplies.
In total, OfficeCrave has more than 100k products in its catalog!
- Fast order processing. OfficeCrave often dispatches orders within 24 hours of placement. They also always use expedited shipping to ensure quick delivery times.
- Takes responsibility. If the order doesn't reach the expected delivery time, OfficeCrave will give you a full refund - no questions asked.
- No integrations. OfficeCrave mainly sells its products on OfficeCrave.com, so they have no integrations for dropshippers.
How do you connect OfficeCrave to your store?
OfficeCrave does not offer any automated connections to ecommerce platforms. You'll have to process your orders manually.
The application to OfficeCrave's dropship program is free and takes less than five minutes. Your application should be approved or declined within 48 to 72 hours!
5. Simplicitie USA Review (Clothing)
Simplicitie USA is an online store based in Los Angeles, California.
On their website, you will find various clothing items ranging from dresses to jackets.
The unique thing about this supplier is that they make all items in-house, in their LA factory!
- Private label services. Simplicitie also offers a private label service where you can put your own brand on their designs. The main downside is that the minimum order quantity is 200 pieces. You can find more info here.
- Fast shipping. Simplicitie ships on the same day for all orders made before 11:00 AM PST (Excluding weekends and holidays). The orders will take anywhere from three to seven days.
- Extra 40% off. Simplicitie offers 40% off for everyone who is in their dropship program.
- Expensive dropship program. Subscribing to Simplicitie's dropship program sets you back $295 per month.
- No integrations. If you're dropshipping with Simplicitie, you'll have to fulfill orders manually.
How do you connect Simplicitie USA to your store?
Although Simplicitie doesn't have any direct connections, you can sync their items and auto-update your inventory using the Syncio app.
Simplicitie's dropship program currently costs $295 monthly:
Other great dropshipping suppliers in the US
Not sure yet about dropshipping with suppliers from California? Or are you interested in scaling to other states or even countries?
If so, we've got you covered!
Check out these lists below for more suppliers in the US:
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in Texas
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in Georgia
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in New York
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in the United States
- Best Free Dropshipping Suppliers in the United States
And take a look at these lists if you're interested in suppliers in different countries:
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in India
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in Canada
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in Europe
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in Australia
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in Malaysia
- Best Dropshipping Suppliers in the United Kingdom
Plus, don’t forget to check our guide on the best countries for dropshipping!
Reading and absorbing information and knowledge is great (definitely if it’s free!), but do you know what’s even better?
So, to help you with taking action with what you have learned in this article, take a look at the bullet points:
- If you don’t know which niche you will be operating in yet, learn the characteristics of a winning product before browsing the product catalog of suppliers.
- Check if a niche supplier on this list matches your niche. If one does, we would recommend looking at it first!
- Don't forget that a general US supplier like Spocket or Syncee also likely has suppliers from California on their platform, although you'll only be able to see that it's a supplier from the US.
FAQs about dropshipping in California
If you have any more questions about dropshipping in California, check out these FAQs below:
Is dropshipping legal in California?
Dropshipping is legal in California, but you are responsible for reporting and paying sales tax on the product price.
Do you need a license to dropship in California?
To dropship in California, you need a California business license.
Can I dropship from the US to the US?
You can dropship from the US to the US by registering your business in the US, working with a US dropshipping supplier, and selling to customers located in the US.
As you’ve seen from this article, there are plenty of amazing dropshipping suppliers from California to consider when starting your online business.
You are now equipped with the knowledge to go out there, do some research, evaluate reviews, and pick what will work best for you.
Good luck on finding your Californian dropshipping supplier!
Want to learn more about dropshipping?
Ready to move your dropshipping store to the next level? Check out the articles below:
- The 17 Best Free US Dropshipping Suppliers in 2024
- 12 Best US Dropshipping Suppliers in 2024 (Fast Shipping)
- How to Start a Dropshipping Business in the US (2024 Guide)
Plus, don’t forget to check out our in-depth guide on how to start dropshipping here!