Christmas is coming up soon, so we made a gift for all of you and created this list of 10 outstanding Christmas product examples to sell online!
The sales potential for Christmas products is enormous since you aren’t restricted to one day or weekend like on Black Friday.
Instead, you can start selling one of these Christmas product examples weeks before Christmas since people are already looking to purchase presents for their loved ones and friends.
This article contains 10 outstanding Christmas product examples to sell online, but first, let me show you some Christmas ecommerce statistics that will allow you to realize how immense the potential is here!
Christmas ecommerce statistics (+ tips to get more sales!)
Christmas is an annual holiday to commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ and takes place on December 25th. It is celebrated by billions of people around the world.
Both retail and online sales typically peak just before Christmas, as people are buying gifts, decorations, and gifts to celebrate the holiday.
To help you understand all things going on around ecommerce during Christmas, I have summed up some of the most important statistics:
- The average US household was planning to spend nearly $1400 during the holiday season in 2020
- The average US consumer spent $487 on gifts and gift cards in 2020
- It’s expected that US consumers will spend up to 9% more on the 2021 holiday period compared to 2020
- In the UK, Generation X (those born in 1965-1980) had the biggest Christmas spend with an average of £576 per person in 2020
- Most women (47.4%) want to get jewelry for Christmas, while most men (32.3%) want gift vouchers (source)
- Consumers spent an average of $205 on decorations during the 2020 Christmas season
- 68% of consumers pay more attention to the emails they receive from companies during the holiday season
- 47% of shoppers don’t want to pay for shipping during the holiday season
- The two most appealing offers to consumers are price discounts (74%) and free shipping (72%), according to Deloitte
As you can see, consumer spending rises quite a bit during the holiday season. From these stats, you can also learn a few things which may increase your sales during the Christmas holiday season:
- If you offer a wide variety of items in different categories, consider adding the option to buy digital gift cards for your customers. That way, the person who receives the gift card can decide for themselves which product they like the most. If you are using Shopify, check out this guide on how to set up digital gift cards in your store.
- Allocate a large part of your marketing budget for your Christmas products to be spent between December 15th and December 24th.
- Spend some extra attention on creating and fine-tuning your Christmas season marketing emails. Do you want to learn more about email marketing? Check out our guide here!
- Make sure to apply price discounts to your Christmas products and make sure that it’s possible to get free shipping on your online store. As you have read, 47% of shoppers don’t want to pay for shipping!
- For more information about Q4 and ways to prepare your store for this hectic season, check out our guide on how to prepare your online store for Q4.
What are the characteristics of winning Christmas products?
Not all products will get the same amount of sales during the Christmas season. Products may have some characteristics that will cause them to outperform other products and receive more sales.
In this section, I will guide you through some of these characteristics. That way, you will know what I’ve looked for when choosing the 10 Christmas product examples to sell online, and you will know what to look out for when you are searching for Christmas products yourself!
Here are some things that make a product perfect for selling online during the Christmas season:
- Giftable: Since Christmas is all about giving gifts to your loved ones, a winning Christmas product is often giftable. As the name implies, it means that the product is well-suited to be used as a gift for someone else. Some examples of giftable products are jewelry, candles, games, toys, bath bombs, and books.
- Hobby products: If you celebrate Christmas, you will probably know that it can be hard to choose a gift for someone. However, this does become easier when that person has a passionate hobby, like cycling. In that case, you will probably search for a cycling product gift. This is why hobby-related products do really well during the Christmas period!
- Unique: Products that are unique or unusual have to potential to receive a lot of sales during Christmas. These products often aren’t sold in physical stores, which forces the consumer to buy them in your online store. Also, people often don’t like giving standard gifts. They would rather purchase something unique and genuinely special to gift someone!
- Personalized: Selling a product that can be personalized works the best during the holiday season. As I said above, personalized products are much more special to both give and receive as gifts. Products can be personalized in many ways, like adding custom texts, photos, or colors to the product.
Great! Now, you know exactly what makes a winning product. Of course, if you see products that have traits listed in this list, it doesn’t mean that you are guaranteed to get lots of sales. Besides, try to avoid products in niches like watches and electronics if you are a beginner (more information here).
Enough waiting; let’s get started with the Christmas product example list!
The list of 10 Christmas product examples to sell online
This list will give you 10 awesome Christmas product examples that you could sell online this year. Use it to pick a product to sell yourself, to get ideas for other products, or gain inspiration for your own online business.
If you decide to sell one of these products online yourself, remember to try and stay unique. Don’t copy everything from your competitors. By being unique, you differentiate yourself from your competitors and have the best chance of succeeding!
I did most of my research on the product research tool Sell The Trend. It’s an incredibly useful tool that easily allows you to find many winning products to sell online. You can check out our review of them here.
Keep in mind; many products can be sold successfully online during the Christmas season. So don’t worry if none of these products are perfect for you to sell. You can still use this list to get inspiration and do research to find other Christmas products for yourself.
Disclaimer: The Christmas product examples in this list are not ranked from best to worst.
1. Dragon waterfall incense burner
This dragon waterfall incense burner could work very well as a gift for a spiritual person who loves meditation, peacefulness, or yoga!
It’s unique and looks impressive when the incense is burning. Instead of going up, the incense burner’s smoke falls down out of the dragon’s mouth creating an illusion of a smokey waterfall that will fill your room with a lovely fragrance.
As you can see, Sell The Trend indicates a steady growth in orders in the last few months, which is a great sign. This product even comes with an included downloadable video from the AliExpress supplier that you can use to create your own video ads!
Another advantage of this product is the possibility to upsell your customer with the incense cones. When a visitor adds this product to their cart, you can, for example, show them a message with an option to add some extra discounted incense cones.
This will increase your average order value (AOV) and your profits!
2. Dog Santa Claus outfit
Everyone always wears a special outfit for Christmas, so why don’t let the dogs be a part of the fun as well?
By dressing your dog in this Santa Claus outfit, they will want to spend Christmas with you too!
This cute Santa riding suit will definitely bring everyone in a good mood since it looks so awesome. That way, everyone can have a merry Christmas together!
Not only, that but the dogs will probably appreciate it as well since they will feel nice and warm. It’s a great product to sell online during the Christmas season because it will be bought both by dog owners or by people looking for a gift.
3. Kids Christmas tree set
Kids usually love helping to decorate the Christmas tree.
However, some kids may still be a bit too young for the big Christmas tree. So, why don’t you get them their own?
This Christmas tree set is a great way for young kids to experience what Christmas is all about.
Set up the tree at a reachable place and let your kids’ creative minds go wild with decorating the tree using snowflakes, Santas, and all kinds of other decoration pieces!
In that sense, this product is also a problem-solver!
As you can see from the Sell The Trend image, this product has been selling really well, racking up a total of $86,742 worth of sales.
4. Christmas rolling pin
Next up is a still undiscovered product, which could be amazing for families with kids!
It’s a rolling pin, but not just a regular one; it’s a Christmas-themed rolling pin. There are some fantastic shapes engraved in this rolling pin, like reindeer and Christmas trees. This way, you can embed these shapes in your Christmas cookies.
Parents will love to either buy or receive this product as a gift so that they can use it for baking some delicious Christmas-themed cookies with their kids. It’s a great way to spend some quality time with the family during Christmas.
One more great thing about this product is that the supplier offers almost 10 variations of this rolling pin. By providing these variations in your online store, your customers can choose the one they like the best, and maybe they will even buy two or three!
5. Portable mist humidifier
This product doesn’t only look cool; it serves a function too!
Humidifiers add moisture to the air when it is too dry. Generally, people use humidifiers during the wintertime to combat the dryness of winter air.
Since it’s winter in most places during Christmas, this product will be perfect for selling during the Christmas season.
It makes a fantastic gift for under the Christmas tree. What’s more, it’s portable and will help you prevent having dry skin, sore nose or throat, cracked lips, and much more!
As you can see from the image, it’s a top seller with over $170k in total sales. So, there’s definitely a demand for it!
6. Christmas tree pet bed
As you’ve read in the Christmas ecommerce statistics section, Consumers spend an average of $200 on decorations during the Christmas season.
Coupled with the knowledge that pet owners are known to sometimes rather spend money on new things for their pets rather than for themselves, this product could be a real winner during the Christmas season!
As you can see from the image, it’s a Christmas tree pet bed for your cat or dog, which looks fantastic next to the big Christmas tree in the house. Really cute!
7. Wine bottle holder
Next up is this unique giftable product for wine lovers; the rope wine bottle holder!
It’s a perfect decoration piece to fit into a wine lover’s living room with its surrealistic look.
So, if you were planning to gift a bottle of wine to someone, adding this wine bottle holder will make the gift much more special and memorable. It will look fabulous under the Christmas tree, but look out that the kids won’t tumble it over and break the wine bottle.
This undiscovered product still has only 48 orders on AliExpress, so it could definitely be worth testing it!
8. Wrapping paper cutter
This product isn’t really giftable, and neither is it used as a decoration for Christmas.
However, it is an amazing Christmas gift packing tool that will significantly reduce the time it takes you to pack all the Christmas gifts you’ve bought and let you pack the gifts more neatly at the same time.
It’s a wrapping paper cutter tool, which allows you to cut dead straight through the wrapping paper, much quicker than a scissor could. Just put it around the wrapping paper and pull it down to cut it!
As you can see on the Sell The Trend image, it had a massive order spike in the period before Christmas last year, so the chances are high that it will sell great during this year’s pre-Christmas period as well!
9. Portable pet water bottle
This winning product falls into a niche that often does really well when sold online, the pet niche.
The image shows that the product receives steady orders during the last few months, summing up to almost $100k in total sales. This indicates that there is a constant demand for it, and it really attracts dog owners. In short, it could be a perfect Christmas gift for anyone who loves walking their dog!
It’s a portable pet water bottle that can be used to quickly give your dog some water to drink while on the go. It even features a compartment of plastic bags inside the bottle, which you can use to pick up your dog’s poo.
10. Lazy cat slippers
Oh no! It’s already the final product in our list of 10 awesome Christmas products to sell online.
These are some funny-looking lazy cat slippers, which are selling surprisingly well during the last two weeks, as shown in the orders chart.
Sell The Trend recorded almost 100 orders over the previous two weeks on this product for the stores that they tracked. That amounts to a revenue of $2.3k during that period!
These cat slippers are even available in different variations and could be the perfect Christmas gift for cat lovers.
When is it too late to dropship Christmas products?
You might be worrying about whether or not you are too late with dropshipping Christmas products.
Will your customers still receive the products on time if you start now?
It goes without saying that when you are dropshipping with a Chinese supplier, the delivery times are often relatively long.
And that is all that matters, the delivery time.
For example, suppose you are dropshipping with AliExpress. In that case, you should be getting delivery times of around 14 days or shorter if you are using our six tips for faster delivery times on AliExpress.
Considering Christmas takes place on December 25th, you shouldn’t be selling your Christmas products after December 9th, because then there might be a chance they won’t get delivered in time.
In this scenario, you would have to stop selling Christmas products relatively early, but remember that local suppliers sell Christmas products too!
For example, take a look at these products on Spocket:
All of these are shipped by US dropshipping suppliers, and most of them will arrive in just four to seven days!
In this case, you could continue selling Christmas products for a much more extended period, at least until December 18th.
To conclude: take a look at your delivery time and see if your customers will get their product on time for the day they have bought it for, Christmas!
There you have it! 10 Awesome Christmas products to sell online.
After reading this article, you should have gained some inspiration for what product to sell during and before Christmas.
Remember that the period after Christmas is also great for online store owners, as many people have received a lot of cash or gift cards and are looking to redeem those on some awesome products!
I also recommend checking out my guide which will cover some things that might be different in Q4 and tell you all the steps you need to prepare yourself for it.
I have mainly used Sell The Trend today, but don’t forget there are many other product research methods out there. If you are looking for one, check out this article.
If you are also interested in the product research tool I used, you may want to check our full review of it here.
If you decide to try them, you can click here to get a free 7-day trial! Don’t worry, you can cancel anytime (even before you start paying)!
I hope that I have provided you with some great ideas today. If you have seen any other awesome products lately, don’t forget that you can leave a comment below to share them with us!
Good luck with your dropshipping journey, and don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get notified of our latest articles!