Dropshipping is a great way to get started in the ecommerce world.
But it’s not as simple as just buying and selling products in your store – there are many different factors that go into choosing the right product for your customers at the right price.
And if you’re doing all this research yourself (or you hired someone), it can be pretty time-consuming or expensive!
That’s why we’ve compiled these 17 best winning dropshipping product research tools for you – they’ll help make researching new products much easier and quicker so you can spend more time growing your business instead of searching.
The best dropshipping product research tools: An overview
Before starting the article, we would like to show you this overview of all the best dropshipping product research tools covered in this article:
|Sell The Trend||$39 per month||Read Review|
|AliExpress Dropshipping Center||Free||Read Review|
|Thieve.co||$0 / $15 / $49 per month||Read Review|
|Dropship Spy||$0 / $19 per month||Read Review|
|Ecomhunt||$0 / $39 / $59 / $89 per month||Read Review|
|Niche Scraper||$13 per month (with our discount code)||Read Review|
|AliShark||$20 per month||Read Review|
|Intelligynce||$39 (monthly) / $79 (yearly) / $ 99 (lifetime)||Read Review|
|D-Nicheur||$20 / $30 per month||Read Review|
|FindNiche||$9 / $59 / $99 per month||Read Review|
|Commerce Inspector||$0 / $49 / $99 / $249 / $499 per month||Read Review|
|Allfactor||$0 / $19 per month||Read Review|
|ProfitBusters||$15 / $38 per month||Read Review|
|ShopInspect||$47 per month||Read Review|
|Wish Inspector||$67 (1 license) $77 (10 licenses)||Read Review|
|Pexda||$2 (15 days) / $25 / $100 per month||Read Review|
Why should you purchase a dropshipping product research tool?
Look, I get it; doing product research yourself is great (and free most of the time), but it takes a lot of time. And sometimes you just can’t decide what to sell, right?
That’s where a product research tool (or product finder) comes in handy!
There are even product research tools out there that not only help you with the question “What should I sell on my store?”, but also help with things like competitor research.
For example, some tools show you exactly which other stores are currently selling the product that you just found. Now you have the advantage and can adjust your store to beat them!
Of course, as I said above, you don’t need a product research tool for this, but as you will see below, they will make it so much easier!
How do you pick the right dropshipping product research tool?
Before telling you more about the various product research tools, it’s important to know what you’re searching for so that your decision is easier.
Here are a few questions that you can ask yourself before deciding on a product research tool:
- Is a free trial or free account important for you?
- If you’re going to spend money on a product research tool, then what’s your budget? If you know this already, then you can skip the ones that are outside the budget you set for yourself.
- Do you want tools that help you find products? Or do you want a few hand-picked products each day?
- Do you want a lot of filter and sorting options for your product research?
- Do you want some assistance with your Facebook targeting? (You will see below, some of these tools give assistance for your targeting – to get a starting point)
If that sounds complicated for you, then take our quiz by clicking here or the image below:
Now that you have some idea of what you’re looking for, you’re ready to see all the product research tools in-depth. Let’s go over them now:
The 17 best dropshipping product research tools of 2022
Below you will find the list of the 17 best product research tools that you can use to find winning products for your dropshipping store.
If you want to know what a winning dropshipping product is, then I suggest reading this article here first. I’ve also included some product examples in that article.
With each product research tool, I will tell you:
- What the function is of that tool (what it does).
- The current price of that tool.
- If they have any trials available, so you don’t lose any money if you don’t like the tool!
- And, of course, I will link to the tool. So you don’t have to search for it.
This way, you know exactly what the best product research tool is for your store!
Are you getting excited about finding your next winning product research tool?
If so, then let’s go!
1. Sell The Trend Review
Let’s start off with the number one of this list. I have used almost all the product research tools on this list, and this is my personal favorite.
If you have been on this blog before, you have probably seen me write about this product research tool already, but in case you haven’t, this is for you.
Sell The Trend contains so many different tools that it will blow your mind away for sure!
For example, one of the product research tools that they’ve got is called ‘The Nexus’. You can find a lot (like really A LOT) of products here:
The great thing is that they have a ton of data for each product:
The great thing is that they have a ton of data for each product:
You will surely get a lot of inspiration. Like, what kind of products to sell, Facebook Ads examples, and Shopify dropshipping store examples!
If you’re interested in Sell The Trend, I suggest reading our in-depth review here!
Related article: Sell The Trend Review: Best Dropshipping Tool in 2022?
- The Nexus. One of the most powerful features of Sell the Trend is the powerful AI engine which uses an algorithm to show the products trending across all ecommerce stores.
- A lot of examples. Their data on other online stores is massive! Plus, you can sort by ‘dropshipping’ to only see dropshipping stores (of course, you will have to check it yourself as well then)
As an example, I just found this dropshipping store after around one minute of scrolling through the results:
- A ton of options to find products. Instead of just showing winning products, they build a few different explorers where you can research for yourself but don’t worry; you can still sort by ‘Hot Products’ and then sort products by ‘Sold by most stores’ to find the products that are sold in most stores.
- Their pricing. The main con of Sell The Trend is that the pricing can be too high for you. Currently, their monthly price is $39, which is a lot if you’re just beginning.
- A lot of data. The tool can feel overwhelming when you’re just starting using it (and even if you’ve been using it for a while already).
- They have a few upsells. They included a lot of things that you can access with your monthly subscription, but they do have a few additional upsells, which will cost you extra if you’re interested in that.
The current price of Sell The Trend is $39 per month, and you will get two months for free if you pay yearly.
And yes, they do offer a 7-day free trial for people who don’t want to risk any money yet!
2. AliExpress Dropshipping Center Review
The second one is going to be a free one!
It’s the AliExpress Dropshipping Center!
Even if you’re not dropshipping with AliExpress, the dropshipping center is free to use and can help you find new awesome products for your store.
It can help you analyze products before selling them, and it can help you find new AliExpress suppliers that you might otherwise never have found!
- Free to use. The great thing about it is that it’s free to use, no need to pay anything!
- No need to dropship via AliExpress. You can use the dropshipping center even if you don’t use AliExpress for dropshipping.
- Great basic product research options. For example, you can view ‘Sponsered Products’ to get some great inspiration:
- AliExpress only. They only show data from AliExpress, so if you don’t like AliExpress at all, then this is not a research tool for you.
As mentioned above, using the AliExpress Dropshipping Center is completely free! No need to pay any monthly subscription fees.
3. Thieve.co Review
The next one is called Thieve. They show you what’s trending on AliExpress.
It will give you a lot of inspiration for your product research!
At first, they only had a free version available (you can see that one on the screenshot above), but now they also have a dropshipping version available.
That one is called Thieve Supply.
This is what Thieve Supply looks like from “the inside”:
As you can see above, it shows you all kinds of different products. You can then sort and filter these products by a lot of different things.
Like category, sales, if the product is trending, and so on.
- Great for inspiration. The free version can be used to get some great inspiration in your niche to see what kind of products are out there.
- They release a lot of new features. For example, they released an amazing Chrome extension that will help you with product research. (You can learn more about that one here)
- A lot of filter and sorting options. With Thieve Supply, you will see a lot of filter and sorting options. This is a great way to find products that fit you and your store!
- Only for AliExpress. Again, if you don’t like AliExpress, then this is not the tool for you. However, don’t forget that you can use this data even though you don’t use AliExpress.
- No trial to try it out. You can use the free version, but keep in mind that there’s no trial at this moment if you want to try the dropshippers version (Thieve Supply).
Their free version is, of course, free!
And their dropshipping version (Thieve Supply) is currently $15 or $49 per month. You can also pay yearly and save 20%.
They currently don’t offer a trial for Thieve Supply.
4. Dropship Spy Review
Another option is to go with Dropship Spy.
They currently have 10 different tools in one subscription.
The one thing I personally don’t like with this kind of product research tool is that they add a few new winning products daily.
For example, Dropship Spy say they add 5 new products each day.
I’m sure that they’ve got a lot of subscribers. So, what do you think happens with these few products?
Exactly! They get “saturated” so fast.
Keep in mind with “saturated,” I don’t mean the product itself, but the combination of the product + the information that they provide (for example, the Facebook targeting, video ad, description, and so on).
Well, because a lot of dropshippers out there are lazy and came into this space to earn some “easy money,” or “get rich next week.”
This is sadly the truth because a lot of so-called “gurus” advertise dropshipping like this. (You can find more information about these “gurus” here.)
Here is an example of what Dropship Spy will give you with each product that they add (it’s so much that it will be hard to read):
Even though the products might be seen by a lot of people, it’s still a great tool to get inspiration for the next product that you want to import to your dropshipping store!
And all the other tools inside Dropship Spy are definitely going to help you as well:
If you’re interested in Dropship Spy, I suggest reading our review here!
Related article: Dropship Spy Complete Review 2022: Best Tool for Dropshippers?
- Facebook targeting help. They got so much information for you about who to target. You will surely learn something new.
- A lot of product examples. They add a lot of products to their product research tool. That’s for sure. So if you’re looking for inspiration or you just don’t know what to sell, then Dropship Spy could help you further!
- AliExpress product research. They added a tool that will help you get instant live sales data from AliExpress products.
- The main focus is on hand-picked products. This is not the right tool for you if you’re looking for a tool that helps you find products yourself.
- Limited free plan. However, it’s a lot better than before! At first, they didn’t offer any trial or free plan, but now they do.
The current price of Dropship Spy is either free or $19 per month.
Also, they have an option to pay yearly to save a bit:
You will also get a 10% discount if you use the discount code ‘DoDropshipping10’.
5. Ecomhunt Review
The next product research tool is called Ecomhunt.
This is another really popular product research tool.
This tool does the same as Dropship Spy. They add a certain amount of new winning products each day.
And with each product, they add a lot of information like suggested selling price, video ad, targeting (for pro members), and a lot more.
These kinds of product research tools are definitely great if you’re just beginning with dropshipping.
They help you with a lot of things related to the product that you want to sell.
For example, when I was starting with dropshipping, I didn’t know who to target on Facebook for my new product.
Luckily, product research tools like this one helped me with that problem. They steered me in the right direction. (Just don’t copy everything; try to be unique.)
Related article: Ecomhunt Review (2022) – The Best Winning Products or Not?
- They have a lot of products. So if you’re looking for inspiration or you just don’t know what to sell, then Ecomhunt could help you further!
- A great free account option. The great thing about Ecomhunt is that they have a free account option available for you. The only thing is that there are some limitations (more about that below).
- A lot of inspiration for each product. As you can see above, and in our review here, they include a lot of extra information for each of the products they add.
- The main focus is hand-picked products. At first, they only had hand-picked products; however, now they started building a bit more tools that will help you. (For example, Ecomhunt Live and Ecomhunt Adam)
The current price of Ecomhunt is $39, $59, or $89 per month. (You will get a discount for the first month)
And as mentioned above, they offer a free account with some limited features:
6. Niche Scraper Review
Next up is Niche Scraper. Another popular product research tool.
But if you’re really curious right now to see which one fits with you, here’s what we recommend:
For more information about Niche Scraper, don’t forget to check out our complete Niche Scraper review here!
Related article: Niche Scraper Complete Review 2022: Best Low Budget Tool?
- For people on a budget. This is one of the cheapest tools out there, currently just $13 per month (with our discount code, which I will mention below).
- Great free account. Niche Scraper is even great for people that don’t want to spend anything on product research tools; just use their free account option!
- A few great tools inside for product research. This is one of those tools that has both tools inside to help you find great products, and it has daily hand-picked products for inspiration.
- Could have more sales data. We’d like to see Niche Scraper offering more product data, but beginner dropshippers will find it more than sufficient for the price. The free version is, of course, slightly limited in its offering.
Their current price is $49.95 per month. However, you can get it down to $13 per month (75% discount!) if you use the discount code ‘DoDropshipping‘.
And yes, as you saw above, they have a trial option as well. With that trial account, you will have access to a few free searches in each category:
7. AliShark Review
Next up is AliShark. AliShark is made by the creators of the popular countdown timer Shopify app, Hurrify!
AliShark is great for people that want a lot of filter options when searching for products on AliExpress (or Banggood).
And with a lot, I mean A LOT! For example:
And they’ve got a lot of options for you if you want to do research with keywords. You can include keywords, and you can even exclude keywords.
For example, I can include the keyword ‘Dog’:
And then I see that I don’t want to sell any ‘Bowls’, so I exclude that keyword:
If you’re interested in AliShark, I suggest reading our review here!
Related article: AliShark Review (2022) – Best Dropship Product Search Tool?
- A lot of filter options while doing product research. You can literally filter by anything that you can imagine!
- Great trial. You can get a full trial before you start paying the monthly plan. The only difference is that it’s not a free trial; you will have to pay $1 for 2 days of the full version of AliShark. (Most other trials of product research tools are free)
- No hand-picked products. For me, this is not a con, but if you’re looking for a tool that has hand-picked (daily) products for you, then this is not the right tool for you.
- No Facebook targeting help. They don’t offer any help with Facebook targeting like some product research tools on this list do.
The current price of AliShark is $20 per month, and there is currently no option to pay yearly.
However, they do offer a 2-day trial for only $1:
8. Intelligynce Review
The next product research tool is called Intelligynce!
To not make this article so overwhelming, the rest of the tools will contain a great overview and pricing only.
Don’t forget to take our quiz here if you’re second-guessing!
For Intelligynce, I suggest watching the video below to fully see what this product research tool can do for you:
Their price depends on what plan you choose. You could either join monthly for $39 per month, join yearly for $79 per year, or you could pay $99 for lifetime access.
They currently don’t offer a trial.
9. D-Nicheur Review
The next product research tool on this list is called D-Nicheur. They show you one or three new products each day (depending on which plan you choose).
The idea for D-Nicheur was born after the owners were testing between 200 and 500 products per week for their own stores in massive “FB tests,” but they could only use a few of the products that had potential.
They decided to start giving away these extra products in their Facebook group, but so many people were interested that they decided to create D-Nicheur.
In D-Nicheur, they collect all the products that they couldn’t use themselves. For each product, they currently show you a product supplier example, a store that is currently selling that product, and an example of a Facebook Ad.
As you may know already from the name, they started in the French market but are now looking to open the tool for the whole world.
The current monthly price for D-Nicheur is either $20 for one product per day or $30 for three products per day.
They currently don’t offer a trial or refund period.
10. FindNiche Review
The following product research tool on this list is called FindNiche.
This dropshipping tool will help you with a lot of different things (as you might have seen in the screenshot above already).
With this tool, you can get inspiration for your niche, what kind of products to sell, and you can even find other Shopify stores:
The only thing is that you can’t sort by ‘dropshipping’ (like some other tools on this list), but it’s still awesome because of the price. More on that below!
The current price of FindNiche is $9, $59, or $99 per month, depending on the number of features you want.
You also have the option to go for a 3 days trial for $1. (There’s currently no free trial or free account)
Also, you will get a 20% discount if you use the discount code DoDropshipping15. That discount code currently only works for the $59 monthly plan.
11. Commerce Inspector Review
The next dropshipping product research tool will help your dropshipping store with competitor research, and you can even use it for product research. It’s called Commerce Inspector.
This extension lets you see the best selling products, Facebook Ads, monthly site visitors, and more on an ecommerce store.
Plus, they’ve added a new feature called ‘Trends’. Here you can see the top dropshipping trends like top posts and products:
Great for product research, right?
The Chrome extension from Commerce Inspector is free to use, but it does have limited data.
If you want unlimited data, check out their pricing below:
And yes, as you can see in the screenshot above, they have a 3-day trial for only $1.
12. Allfactor Review
Next up on this product research tools list is a tool that is more focused on ecommerce in general rather than just dropshipping.
Which isn’t a bad thing, don’t get me wrong! They are called Allfactor.
Allfactor is an ecommerce competitive analytics platform that aggregates billions of valuable ecommerce data from all channels such as Shopify, Amazon, Walmart, Etsy, and many others.
They provide millions of data insights to help you understand the whole market. Up to this date, it is monitoring more than 1,300,000 top Shopify stores.
They do help dropshippers as well by identifying emerging trends and new consumer tastes to help you optimize your marketing campaign strategy.
The current price of Allfactor is either free or $19 per month. They do have a business plan, but that will probably not be necessary for you.
Also, you will get a 20% discount if you use the discount code ‘dodropshipping’.
As you can see, they don’t offer a trial, but they do have a free account option which gives you limited data access, but you can use that to see if this tool is something for you and your store!
13. ProfitBusters Review
Let’s continue this big list with the product research tool ProfitBusters.
You will be able to view designs that are currently selling successfully and implement similar concepts on shirts, mugs, necklaces, flags, blankets, shoes, and more.
Keep in mind that you can’t copy the design; it is meant for understanding a niche or style of design that’s currently working. And, same as with dropshipping, please don’t use any copyrighted material.
With a wide selection of categories to sort through (regardless of the niche you’re in), inspiration is limitless:
You will also be able to further explore designs through Amazon, AliExpress, Pinterest, Etsy, eBay, and Google search links.
Here’s an example of how that will look:
The current monthly price of ProfitBusters is $15 or $38 per month:
Plus, you will get a 20% discount if you use the discount code ‘DoDropshipping’.
There is currently no trial offer, but ProfitBusters does have a ‘Freebies’ section where they show you current winning ad examples (updated every two days) with limited key features:
14. Asify Review
It will add a lot of stuff for you to AliExpress. It looks a bit like the AliExpress Dropshipping Center, but then you get a lot of extra information on the AliExpress product page itself.
If you want to learn more about Asify, then I suggest checking out this article here!
The Asify Chrome extension can be installed for free on this page.
It has unlimited uses, no registration, and no trial periods!
15. ShopInspect Review
The next dropshipping product research tool on this list is ShopInspect.
This is another product research tool that will help you with a lot of different tasks:
For example, here are a few of the products that they included in their ‘Hot Trending Products’ section:
They do provide less information per product than other dropshipping tools out there, like Ecomhunt.
Here is an example of the information they give you with a product:
The price of ShopInspect is currently $47 per month or $19 per month if you pay yearly.
However, if you’re interested in this dropshipping tool, you can get a 50% discount if use ‘DoDropshipping50‘ as a discount code!
Plus, they have a free account option available with a few free searches.
16. Wish Inspector Review
The next product research tool is for people who want something completely different for their dropshipping product research.
Wish Inspector analyzes products on, you might have guessed it already, wish.com.
I suggest heading to their website to watch their video explaining what the tool does and how it works!
The current price of Wish Inspector is $67 for 1 license and $77 for 10 licenses, and they do not offer any trial.
Although, they do have a 30-day money-back guarantee.
17. Pexda Review
The last product research tool in this list is called Pexda. You have probably heard of this tool before.
Same as with Dropship Spy and Ecomhunt, they add a few hand-picked dropshipping products each day.
These are awesome products most of the time, but a lot of people (and with a lot, I mean A LOT) see these products. (Don’t forget that that doesn’t mean the products will be saturated, you can learn more about that here.)
But their trial is still a nice option to go with if you’re just beginning with dropshipping.
Like I said with Ecomhunt, these tools helped me to get some ideas for my targeting!
The current price of Pexda ranges from $25 to $100 per month.
Pexda does offer a 14-day trial for $1.95.
Product Research for Dropshipping: FAQ
Before we close off this article, let’s quickly go over a few key questions that people have when they start doing product research for their dropshipping store.
Who knows, maybe this will answer one of the questions you had as well!
How do you do product research for dropshipping?
You can use one of these product research tools that are covered in this article, but you can also do product research yourself.
You can learn 15 product research methods in this article here. (Yes, one of them is by using research tools)
How many products should I start out with in my store when dropshipping?
When you’re just beginning, I would suggest you import 5-20 products in your dropshipping store, but only really focus on 1-3 products.
These products are going to be the first products that you’re going to start advertising with. The rest of the products are there to make your store look alive and real. (You can learn more here)
How do you pick a niche for dropshipping?
There are many ways to find a dropshipping niche for your store. Think about choosing a niche that you’re passionate about or that other people are passionate about, like hobbies or pets. You could even check Amazon and AliExpress for their list of niches.
That was it! The 17 best dropshipping product research tools that will help you find your next winning product.
So, what is our final verdict?
What is the best dropshipping product research tool in 2022?
If you’re still second-guessing, let’s take a look at our overview from earlier:
|Sell The Trend||$39 per month|
|AliExpress Dropshipping Center||Free|
|Thieve.co||$0 / $15 / $49 per month|
|Dropship Spy||$0 / $19 per month|
|Ecomhunt||$0 / $39 / $59 / $89 per month|
|Niche Scraper||$13 per month (with our discount code)|
|AliShark||$20 per month|
|Intelligynce||$39 (monthly) / $79 (yearly) / $ 99 (lifetime)|
|D-Nicheur||$20 / $30 per month|
|FindNiche||$9 / $59 / $99 per month|
|Commerce Inspector||$0 / $49 / $99 / $249 / $499 per month|
|Allfactor||$0 / $19 per month|
|ProfitBusters||$15 / $38 per month|
|ShopInspect||$47 per month|
|Wish Inspector||$67 (1 license) $77 (10 licenses)|
|Pexda||$2 (15 days) / $25 / $100 per month|
If you want to see more free dropshipping product research tools, you can read The 8 Best FREE Product Research Tools for Dropshipping.
Don’t forget to take our quiz here if you’re still not sure which product research tool fits with you!
I hope you learned something new today. Maybe you have found a new product research tool that you didn’t know before.
If so, then don’t forget to let me know in the comments below!
If you’ve got any dropshipping product research tools that you like but are not included, or if you have any questions regarding dropshipping, let me know by commenting below or contacting me directly by pressing the “Contact Us” button at the top.
Good luck with your product research!
Getting started with dropshipping in 2022
So, are you ready to get started with dropshipping? Or maybe you have already started, but you’re looking to get some inspiration?
If so, I suggest reading my complete Shopify dropshipping guide!
It’s a huge article, but it contains everything that you need to know to create your own Shopify dropshipping store in 2022. It’s like a dropshipping course, but for free!
Reading this article will help you to get started and stay motivated while beginning and continuing your dropshipping journey!
Just don’t forget that success takes time. Keep improving each and every day!
Here are some of my best articles:
- 23 Awesome Shopify Dropshipping Store Examples
- Unique Dropshipping Store: 11 Amazing Tips to Create One
- AliExpress Dropshipping Complete Guide for Beginners! (2022)
- 12 Reasons Why Most People Fail With Dropshipping in 2022 | Beat Them!