Print on demand (POD) is a fantastic opportunity for entrepreneurs to start online businesses without worrying about creating and managing inventory.
With the right supplier, you can streamline the process of setting up your Shopify store, starting your business, and increasing your chances of success.
In this article, we will go over the 12 best print on demand Shopify apps so you can find which one is best for you and your business.
So without further ado, let's start!
Tip: Have you already created your Shopify account? If not, sign up by clicking this link here to get a free 3-day trial + pay $1/month for the first 3 months!
The Best print on demand apps for Shopify: An Overview
Before jumping into the article, let's take a look at an overview of all covered print on demand suppliers for Shopify:
|Printful||Worldwide||$0 / $24.99 per month||Printful Review|
|Printify||Worldwide||$0 / $25 per month||Printify Review|
|Gelato||Worldwide||$0 / $15 / $99 per month||Gelato Review|
|Teelaunch||US, CA, ES, UK||Free||Teelaunch Review|
|SPOD||US, EU||Free||SPOD Review|
|Pixels||US, CA, EU, UK, ASTL||Free||Pixels Review|
What to look for in a print on demand Shopify app?
With so many printing apps on the market, it can be hard to know which one to choose. However, there are a few key factors to keep in mind when making your selection.
Some features to look for in a POD fulfillment app include the following:
- A wide selection of customization options. Check to see if the app has features such as personalization tools and editing capabilities that allow you to make further modifications to your pieces (Such as where your branded logo can be placed on products).
- Good print quality. Look for apps that use high-resolution printing techniques with vibrant colors, sharp details, and quality products to ensure a professional-looking product.
- Fast delivery times. Choose one with reasonable shipping rates and quick turnaround times so you can receive your order in a timely manner without any delays or setbacks.
It's important to consider all of these factors as they will significantly impact your customer experience and your brand's reputation.
The 12 best print on demand Shopify apps
Let's get started with the best POD Shopify apps to use!
1. Printful Review
Printful is a print on demand and fulfillment business that helps you design, create, and ship print products to your customers.
Their expansive catalog of over 200+ products, from clothing to accessories to pillows, their catalog gives you plenty of ideas for what to sell in your POD store.
Printful offers several services, including printing and shipping products to customers, custom branding with packaging, and easy-to-use design tools to create or upload designs.
You don't have to worry about upfront or hidden costs—you only pay when an order comes in.
Pros of Printful
- Predictable print quality. Printful offers high-quality printing that is not outsourced, so you can expect the same print quality each time.
- Custom branding options. Printful has custom branding options, such as unique packaging, that will set your products apart from other brands.
- Thousands of great product photos. With over 2,550+ product photos, Printful makes it easy for anyone to produce professional, high-quality product photos.
Cons of Printful
- Cluttered interface. Printful has an overly cluttered user interface, which can sometimes make navigating the site difficult and confusing if you're just starting out.
- Can't pick where orders are fulfilled. When it comes to using Printful to fulfill orders, unfortunately, you cannot choose a specific center for orders to be fulfilled. (Source)
- Higher pricing. Printful's products are often higher than other suppliers, meaning smaller profit margins.
How do you connect Printful with Shopify?
Connecting Printful with Shopify is a straightforward process that allows you to add unique and custom products to your store. Here's how it works:
First, you will need to install the Printful app by going to the Shopify App Store. Once you've installed the app, you must connect your store with Printful.
Then, you can view all available products within Printful and start designing!
Printful is generally free, but there are two paid monthly memberships available for extra perks:
Printful's memberships are Printful Growth and Printful Business, and here is an overview of them:
Plus, there are a few paid (optional) add-ons:
- Digitization. When it comes to embroidery, all files need to be digitized to a format the embroidery machines support. This is a one-time fee of between $2.95 and $6.50 for each new design, which depends on the design's type and placement.
- Extra customization. Printful offers some extra customization options for your items, such as additional large prints ($5.95 per extra print), sleeve prints ($2.49 per short sleeve and $5.95 per long sleeve), and inside and outside apparel labels ($2.49 per label).
- Premium Images. Printful offers you the option to customize your products with premium photos. Premium Images for your designs cost $1 plus tax per image and placement.
2. Printify Review
Printify is an intermediary that connects you with various printing suppliers for your print on demand business.
As the second-largest supplier of POD products, Printify offers access to some of the most specific products in the market.
Their vast production network and partners ensure flexibility in picking which supplier you want to work with, making it easier for you to find the best fit for your business's needs.
Related article: Wondering what the difference is between Printify and Printful? Check out our in-depth comparison guide here!
Pros of Printify
- A wide variety of products. Easily customize a wide selection of products in seconds, from apparel and accessories to home decor.
- Shipping flexibility. You get access to a global network of print providers who quickly and efficiently print, package, and ship your orders to customers.
- Streamlined fulfillment. All order fulfillment processes are streamlined and efficient, ensuring that all orders are sent out quickly and on time.
Cons of Printify
- Unpredictable production times. Printify does provide an average production time, but it is not guaranteed, which means customers cannot determine precisely how long they will wait to receive their order, which could lead to dissatisfaction if the order is delayed.
How do you connect Printify with Shopify?
Setting up Printify with Shopify is a relatively straightforward process. To begin, you'll need to have a Shopify account and have the Printify app installed in your store.
Then, go through the process in the Printify app and set everything up.
It's that simple!
If you don't have more than five POD stores, you should be able to start with the Printify free plan.
However, Printify has plans ranging from $24.99.
3. Gelato Review
With over 100 print partners, Gelato helps creators turn their dreams into reality by providing them with an intensive library of art and stationery products.
Gelato ensures local production in 32 countries worldwide to reduce carbon emissions and bring a lasting impression with high-quality custom products.
Pros of Gelato
- Good quality printing. According to Trustpilot reviews, Gelato offers high-quality prints that look professional and vivid.
- Responsive app. Gelato print on demand offers a responsive and well-designed Shopify app; the app can design, upload, and print items such as mugs, apparel, stickers, posters, and more in just a few clicks.
- Production in 32 different countries. With output in 32 countries worldwide, Gelato can offer its customers a fast turnaround time and competitive shipping pricing.
Cons of Gelato
- Outsourced printing and fulfillment. Gelato outsources most of its printing; however, outsourcing can sometimes lead to inconsistent quality and delays in delivery.
- You need to have a subscription to access stock images. Without a Gelato subscription, you may have to rely on your images or purchase them at an additional cost.
How do you connect Gelato with Shopify?
Setting up Gelato with your Shopify store couldn't be easier.
Download the Gelato Shopify app from the store, and you will be ready soon.
With this app in place, you'll have access to a range of features that help unleash the potential of your products and print on demand orders.
Gelato offers a great starter plan which is free and accessible to everyone.
However, two paid plans are available if you want something more.
Prices range from $14.99 to $100, but both offer more significant discounts and powerful tools necessary to take your venture to the next level.
Note: Interested in learning more about Gelato? Check out our in-depth review here!
4. Teelaunch Review
Teelaunch is a Shopify partner that provides customers print on demand products and services.
With this, you can easily create custom products such as apparel, mugs, canvas prints, and more to sell in your store.
Teelaunch lets you laser etch products and all-over printing for garments, unlike other production companies.
You can be sure that your products are truly unique from the material used to the printing technique.
They have a wide selection of materials – from organic cotton, ceramic, and metal – and they ship worldwide.
Pros of Teelaunch
- Beginner friendly. Teelaunch is free and incredibly simple to use, making it an excellent choice for Shopify store owners who don't have much experience.
- Unique products. Teelaunch has fewer products when compared to other print on demand companies but makes up for it by offering amazing products that customers will love.
- Templates ready to use. Businesses can take advantage of Teelaunch's wide selection of pre-made templates, allowing them to design merchandise quickly and easily without worrying about the technical aspects of product creation.
Cons of Teelaunch
- Longer production times. Teelaunch has longer production times than other companies leading to extended shipping times.
- Few products. While Teelaunch offers a large selection of apparel and accessories for its customers, its selection of other products pales compared to some larger companies.
How do you connect Teelaunch with Shopify?
Connecting your Shopify store with Teelaunch is a quick and straightforward process.
Once you've created a Shopify account and installed the Teelaunch app, all that is left is to open it up, fill in the relevant information, and get everything set up.
With just a few taps of your finger, you'll be ready to go in no time!
There is no need to pay for different tiers of pricing since the service is completely free with your subscription; you can take advantage of all its features without any additional cost!
5. SPOD Review
SPOD offers laser transfer, remarkable flex, and digital printing services suitable for various materials.
Designers can upload their artwork or take advantage of the free graphic library to create unique designs to feature on their merch.
SPOD makes it easy to set up your store with all the necessary configurations, such as pricing settings and product information.
With over 200 print on demand items available, you have plenty of choices when designing and creating your custom range of products.
Once you have uploaded or designed your artwork, SPOD will start printing them in 48 hours or less when you receive a sale.
Pros of SPOD
- Fast shipping times. What makes SPOD different from other suppliers is their dedication to a turnaround time of two days for 95% of all orders placed with them.
- Quality materials. SPOD has certificates and seals that document things such as the cultivation and production of cotton and the production conditions in which the goods are manufactured to ensure they are up to regulatory standards.
- Free designs. SPOD offers over 50,000 images and designs for you to create unique products with.
Cons of SPOD
- Above average product costs. SPOD has higher than average prices for certain products, such as some t-shirt products, when compared to other POD suppliers.
How do you connect SPOD with Shopify?
After signing up for a Shopify account and installing the SPOD app, go through the process laid out in the app to get everything configured just how you like it.
In no time, you can take advantage of this powerful integration between two already popular platforms, making it easier to stay organized and maximize efficiency.
With SPOD, there's no need to worry about confusing pricing tiers or hidden costs — it's completely free and always will be, making it an ideal choice.
6. Printy6 Review
Printy6 is an excellent choice for those who value quality at an affordable price.
Although their shipping times are longer than average due to their China base, customers can be sure to receive high-quality products, and you can make a little more profit which is always great, right?
Printy6 stands out among its competitors by offering an extensive selection of home goods, such as furnishings, clothing, and other products.
Pros of Printy6
- Low product costs. Because all of the products offered through the app are manufactured in China, that allows for dramatically reduced cost without compromising quality.
- User-friendly. The app is designed with the user in mind, making it easy to use and understand; Printy6 makes you feel comfortable and in control of the process; it offers an intuitive interface and support if you need it.
Cons of Printy6
- Longer shipping times. Being located in China, Printy6 must navigate through customs regulations and international shipping laws, which can add time and cost to the delivery of their products. (You can find more information here)
How do you connect Printy6 with Shopify?
Integrating Printy6 with Shopify is quick and easy, allowing you to expand your store lineup with custom products.
Installation of the Printy6 app begins by going to the Shopify App Store. After successfully connecting your store with Printy6, it's time to start the setup process.
When the setup process is done, you can peruse the full suite of available items and start creating your designs!
With Printy6, customers don't need to worry about hidden fees or confusing plans—they can access all the features they need without having to pay any extra.
7. Pixels Review
Pixels is a leading print on demand company and part of the Fine Art America family.
It has earned its reputation as a reliable partner for well-known global brands, such as Vanity Fair, Vogue, GQ, Marvel, DC Comics, Wired, National Geographic, and Getty Images.
It offers users the opportunity to create their designs or upload existing artwork to be printed on various apparel items, wall art, and home decor products.
Pros of Pixels
- Wide variety of wall art. Pixels print on demand offers a unique service that lets you create custom pieces of wall art for your home or office; not only that, but they also have other products, such as t-shirts and coffee mugs.
- Positive reputation with popular brands. Pixels print on demand has earned a solid reputation for crafting superior wall art products for popular brands such as the ones mentioned above.
- Fulfillment centers in five different countries. Pixels have in-house printing facilities in the US, Canada, European Union, the United Kingdom, and Australia, allowing for faster shipping times.
Cons of Pixels
- High shipping costs. When it comes to shipping costs, Pixels is at a disadvantage compared to other brands since most of what they sell is artwork, and shipping artwork can get quite expensive.
How do you connect Pixels with Shopify?
Using Pixels with Shopify makes it easy to seamlessly add custom and distinctive products to your store — all you need to do is install Pixels from the Shopify App Store.
After setting up, you'll be able to take a look at all of the products in Pixels and get creative!
Pixels is offered completely free of charge when signing up for a Shopify store subscription, meaning that users can take advantage of the powerful tool without needing to pay anything extra.
8. AOP+ Review
AOP+ specializes in creating customized, high-quality products with seamless and quick production processes.
With an easy-to-use interface, you can quickly upload logos and designs tailored to your customer's exact needs.
AOP+ provides 140+ products ranging from t-shirts and mugs to hats, bags, art prints, and much more.
You will only pay for what you sell with no minimum requirements or startup costs.
Pros of AOP+
- In-house printing. AOP+ uses its team of professional printers instead of outsourcing the work to others. As a result, you can trust that each printing job will meet the highest quality standards, no matter how many copies you need to print.
- Quality control. Each printing job is handled using the same quality control standards, so you don't have to worry about inconsistency when you place your order.
- 24/7 customer support. With AOP+, they offer 24/7 customer support making it convenient for you when you might hit roadblocks or have any questions regarding your print on demand business.
Cons of AOP+
- Untracked shipping. AOP+ doesn't offer tracked shipping to every country, including countries such as Australia.
How do you connect AOP+ with Shopify?
Setting up AOP+ with Shopify is a simple and straightforward process that requires minimal effort.
To get started, simply go to the Shopify App Store and search for AOP+.
Download the app and click ‘Install' to get started.
With a Shopify store subscription, users can take advantage of the comprehensive features AOP+ offers without paying extra fees or committing to a higher service tier.
9. JetPrint Review
JetPrint is a print on demand business that is dedicated to helping customers create their own custom brands with creative designs.
Their vast array of products includes watches, shoes, home decor items, drinkware, and bags.
JetPrint offers top-notch services with a mockup generator across various products to show off.
They also provide self-manufacture continuously with 400+ custom products and five-seven days of global trackable dropshipping services with zero minimum order quantity.
Pros of JetPrint
- 400+ products to choose from. JetPrint print on demand has an impressive selection of over 400 products to choose from, giving customers a vast range of options for their printing needs.
- Great mockup photos. The JetPrint app creates mockup photos that look amazing; they are vibrant and detailed and showcase the product in its best light.
Cons of JetPrint
- Shipping can be long. JetPrint is based out of China; because of that, their normal shipping is about 13-18 days; if you would like that to be faster, your going to have to pay up.
How do you connect JetPrint with Shopify?
The process of connecting the two is simple and straightforward. To start, just head over to the Shopify App Store and install the JetPrint app.
Once done, JetPrint will guide you through their setup process, after which you can start designing products from their large selection.
So get ready to spruce up your Shopify store with some custom designs from JetPrint!
The great thing about JetPrint is that it is entirely free to use with a Shopify store subscription.
10. TPOP Review
TPOP is an apparel and accessories supplier that ships directly from south France.
What sets them apart from other suppliers is their wide range of options, with various sizes, colors, and variants available.
Not only this, but they are also focused on sustainability, which means all their products are printed with eco-friendly methods.
Pros of TPOP
- Eco-friendly. All of the products from TPOP are manufactured with sustainable materials and processes, meaning they have a much smaller carbon footprint than traditional printing methods.
- Great branding options. Through TPOP, you have access to a multitude of options that promote your business, including branded order forms, having your branding on packages, and much more.
Cons of TPOP
- Slow shipping outside of the UK. Being based in the United Kingdom, international shipping times inevitably take a little longer. (Source)
How do you connect TPOP with Shopify?
To connect TPOP to your Shopify store, all you need to do is download the TPOP Shopify app directly from the Shopify app store, and in moments, you will be all set.
TPOP is offered as a free service to Shopify store subscribers, with no additional tiers or costs associated with its use.
Related article: Looking for more eco-friendly print on demand suppliers? Check out our list here!
11. Gooten Review
Gooten is an all-encompassing print on demand supplier that provides apparel, home decor, and accessories to customers worldwide.
With their cutting-edge technology and years of experience in the industry, Gooten has put together a global network of 30+ top-notch manufacturers for their customers' convenience.
Gooten ships within one to six business days, and with their extensive catalog of 150+ products, they have something for everyone.
Pros of Gooten
- White label customer support. Gooten deals with your customers for you; this saves a lot of time and resources that can be used elsewhere in your business.
- Fair pricing. From personalized apparel to home goods, they offer a wide range of items that can be tailored to your specific needs at an affordable and reasonable price.
- A good FAQ support center. Their FAQ support center is comprehensive and easy to use, allowing users to quickly find answers to their questions without contacting customer service personnel.
Cons of Gooten
- Can't choose a supplier. Gooten chooses your printing house for you, and you cannot pick your own.
- The interface could be better. According to some Trustpilot reviews, some users complain of a hard-to-navigate interface.
How do you connect Gooten with Shopify?
Setting up Gooten in your Shopify store is simple.
All you have to do is install the Gooten Shopify app directly from their platform, and in a few moments, you'll be ready to go.
Gooten is completely free to use for all Shopify store subscribers, making it an incredibly cost-effective way to expand your product line.
12. Apliiq Review
Apliiq is an excellent apparel solution you need to get the most out of your product designs.
Their team of experts works closely with you to create the perfect look and feel for your apparel while their automation system handles all the details of ordering and fulfillment.
Pros of Apliiq
- Merch warehousing. The warehousing services provided by Apliiq are ideal for customers who require large-scale orders, as they can store their merchandise in a secure facility and have them shipped out quickly.
- Bulk orders. Apliiq allows you to order in bulk, meaning you can get more value for your money as the cost per item decreases when ordering large quantities.
Cons of Apliiq
- Apparel and accessories only. Apliiq specializes in apparel and accessories; if you're looking for a print on demand company for anything other than apparel and accessories, you're better off looking elsewhere.
How do you connect Apliiq with Shopify?
Setting up Apliiq with your Shopify store is incredibly simple and fuss-free.
All you need to do is download the Apliiq Shopify app from the Shopify app store, and with just a few clicks, you will be ready to go.
Apliiq is free to use with a Shopify store subscription! It offers no other tiers to choose from.
Reading and absorbing information and knowledge is excellent (definitely if it's free!), but do you know what's even better?
So, to help you with taking action with what you have learned in this article, take a look at the bullet points:
- Compare and contrast each of these suppliers and determine the most suitable for you and your print on demand needs.
- Contact potential suppliers directly to discuss your specific needs and ask questions about their services; be clear about what you are selling, the quantity you need, delivery timescales, and any additional requirements, such as special finishes or materials.
- When making your final decision, consider both short-term and long-term goals for your business so that you can find a supplier who will meet all of your current needs while being able to grow and adapt to the changing demands of your business in the future.
There you have it!
With a suitable print on demand Shopify app, you can take your business to the next level.
The 12 apps highlighted in this article are some of the best options for entrepreneurs looking to jump into ecommerce.
Each app has unique features and benefits. When deciding, pay attention to pricing structures, customer service, and turnaround times.
We hope this article gave you the information you need to decide.
Good luck along your ecommerce journey!
Want to learn more about POD?
Ready to move your print on demand store to the next level? Check out the articles below:
- 10 Best Print on Demand Tools for your Business in 2023
- Is Print on Demand Still Profitable Today in 2023? Or Not?
- Dropshipping vs. Print On Demand: What Is the Difference?
- Can You Combine Dropshipping and Print on Demand in 2023?
Plus, don't forget to check out our in-depth how to start a print on demand business guide here!