In this article, we'll showcase 12 eco-friendly print on demand (POD) suppliers you should look into.
Eco-friendly POD suppliers are a great way to offer a unique experience while also helping the environment. It's a big win-win for your store and your customers!
Let's look at how all the benefits work precisely.
Why you should use eco-friendly print on demand suppliers
Organic products are the future of sustainability. This means ensuring our business, products, and the happiness of our customers can continue for years, if not longer!
Many eco-friendly suppliers are big advocates for recycling. That means the supplier will take in your unwanted products and recycle them.
The materials used in organic products are often recycled, giving a unique feel as well. This difference helps you differentiate from competitors by being more mindful of the environment.
The Best Eco-Friendly POD Suppliers: An Overview
Before we start, here is a quick overview of all eco-friendly suppliers discussed in this article:
|Printify||Worldwide||$0 / $29 per month||Printify Review|
|Gelato||US/EU||$0 / $15 / $99 per month||Gelato Review|
|Custom Ink||US||Free||Custom Ink Review|
|Teemill||EU||€0 / €9 per month||Teemill Review|
Read on for more information about each supplier, including their pros, cons, and pricing!
How do you pick the right eco-friendly print on demand supplier?
Choosing a print on demand supplier is as simple as eliminating as many options as possible.
To start, try finding suppliers in your target audience's country. If they match, it's a great choice!
In addition to shorter shipping times, the shipping fees will be lower.
It would be best if you thought about your budget next. Are there paid suppliers that are worth it to you? If not, you can move to the free supplier options.
Now you can think about the kind of ecommerce platform you will use. Not every supplier has an ecommerce integration for the one you're using! By automating orders and products, you will save a ton of time.
Lastly, look into any special features most important to you. For example, if you want to work with a supplier that offers 24/7 customer support.
Now you can choose your ideal supplier based on their pros & cons, pricing, and integrations.
Our list of the 12 best eco-friendly POD suppliers
Ready to find the perfect eco-friendly print on demand supplier for your store?
To help you make the most out of this article, we will do the following for each supplier:
- Include a link to their website. You can either click on the title or the screenshot of their homepage to check out their website.
- Give a short description. To introduce you to the supplier and tell you about their unique features.
- Discuss the pros & cons. The pros & cons will help you to make an educated decision about which supplier to pick.
- Introduce their pricing plans. Some suppliers are free to use, while others require registering for a paid monthly membership plan.
1. TPOP Review
Let's start this list with TPOP — the largest eco-friendly POD supplier.
They work closely with textile suppliers that use renewable materials and are environmentally safe. Furthermore, TPOP uses vegan-certified ink.
TPOP also ships all orders without plastics in cardboard envelopes to minimize its ecological footprint.
- TPOP has good shipping times for EU-based customers. Ship to France within two to three working days, to the EU in three to ten days, and to the rest of the world in five to fourteen working days.
- A lot of branding options. TPOP allows adding package inserts like flyers, thank-you cards, and customer gift stickers.
- Potential 5%-10% discounts. The discounts are for those who reach specific sales per month.
- TPOP has long shipping times for non-EU customers. If your customers are outside the EU or aren't close to France, we recommend looking for a different clothing supplier.
- Expensive. Due to the operation costs in France and the focus on eco-friendliness, TPOP's products are relatively costly compared to other top-tier clothing suppliers.
How do you connect TPOP to your store?
TPOP allows integration with Shopify, Woocommerce, and Etsy. They also allow direct orders without needing a website.
TPOP is free to use with no other pricing tiers!
2. Shirtigo Review
Shirtigo has over 50 products with no limits on orders.
What Shirtigo does differently than other suppliers is to prevent waste during production. They use 100% renewable energies.
Shirtigo also uses organic textiles from Stanley/Stella and vegan inks from Kornit. Every product from them comes in a shipping package free of plastic.
- Fast shipping worldwide. You can expect delivery in five to seven days.
- Customizable branding options. You can customize the packaging.
- A variety of integrations. You can connect Shirtigo with well-known platforms, such as Shopify, WooCommerce, and Etsy.
- Long fulfillment times. They can be up to five days.
- Limited catalog. Shirtigo specializes in shirts, but there's not much else.
How do you connect Shirtigo to your store?
Shirtigo integrates with Shopify, WooCommerce, Shopware, PrestaShop, eBay, and Etsy. For full details, check out their integrations page.
Shirtigo is free to use with no other pricing tier!
3. Printful Review
Printful is one of the most popular print on demand suppliers and is based in the US.
Not only do they cover a large variety of products, but since 2021, Printful now carries multiple eco-friendly products as well!
Printful now offers recycled plastics for apparel shipping and uses triangle cardboard boxes to reduce waste. (Source)
Their mock-up generator and integrations for the most used ecommerce platforms make it a welcoming supplier that can work with most POD stores.
- No outsourcing. Everything you experience with Printful is in-house. Communication and product sourcing is efficient when all under the same management.
- Quality. Since everything is made in-house at Printful, the quality of the products is high. One of the best product quality per dollar spent compared to the competition.
- Expensive. Printful is one of the more costly supplies with consistently high-quality products. It's a price you pay, but it's often worth it.
- Printful has a cluttered user interface. With such a robust overhead on their website, it's often too much information to work with and can be challenging to navigate.
How do you connect Printful to your store?
Super easy! Printful is one of the most integrated POD suppliers and can be connected to a Shopify website within a few clicks.
Printful doesn't have any monthly subscription fees, but there are some paid customization options:
- Digitization. When it comes to embroidery, all files need to be digitized to a format the embroidery machines support. This is a one-time fee of between $2.95 and $6.50 for each new design, which depends on the design's type and placement.
- Extra customization. Printful offers some extra customization options for your items, such as additional large prints ($5.95 per extra print), sleeve prints ($2.49 per short sleeve and $5.95 per long sleeve), and inside and outside apparel labels ($2.49 per label).
- Premium Images. Printful offers you the option to customize your products with premium photos. Premium Images for your designs cost $1 plus tax per image and placement.
4. Printify Review
Printify allows you to access print on demand suppliers around the globe.
Because of this, you can source materials and products based on your budget, required shipping speed, and quality.
Since Printify uses so many different suppliers, they have a lot of great eco-friendly products!
Many of these green-based products, such as home decor and drink wares, are recyclable, which can be hard to find from other POD suppliers.
Tip: Second-guessing between Printful and Printify? Check out our in-depth comparison guide here!
- A massive catalog of products. You'll have access to more products compared to other POD suppliers.
- Lower than average product costs. Printify got itself into a favorable war on price with the competition.
- Spotty quality. Since there are so many suppliers to choose from with Printify, it's hard for them to test and verify that all suppliers' products are of good quality. So your experience may be inconsistent.
- Customer service is unreliable. Due to the number of suppliers to choose from and how Printify is a liaison, the customer service may be disappointing.
How do you connect Printify to your store?
Printify connects to the most prominent ecommerce platforms, such as Shopify, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce.
They also offer connections with marketplaces like Etsy and eBay.
Printify's generous free tier allows unlimited products in five active stores.
The premium tier expands the active stores to ten and offers a 20% discount on all products.
The most expensive tier, enterprise, allows everything previous and unlimited stores. They recommend this tier for owners generating over 10,000 orders a day.
5. Gelato Review
Gelato is a massive US-based supplier that sources from over 100 print partners worldwide.
There's something for creative audiences with an intensive library of art and stationery products. The stationary products are in more sites and variety than any US POD supplier.
Not only that, but they use 90% of every order to be made ethically and distributed with minimum carbon emissions.
The catch is the shipping fees can be relatively pricey, so it feels like you're paying a premium.
- Automatic routing of orders. This means your products are printed and shipped from the closest location to your customer, resulting in faster delivery times and reduced shipping costs!
- The intuitive website and design editor. Gelato POD's website and design editor are intuitive and user-friendly, making creating and customizing products easy.
- Eco-friendly efforts in sustainability. Gelato uses certified paper for its printing materials, and its production process is designed to minimize waste and reduce carbon emissions.
- You need to have a subscription to access stock images. Without a Gelato subscription, you may have to rely on your images or purchase them at an additional cost.
- No warehousing and same-day fulfillment services. Another drawback of Gelato POD is that they do not offer warehousing or same-day fulfillment services.
- Limited printing options. Gelato covers the main printing options. However, it does not offer embroidery, sublimation, or screen printing services, which may limit the products you can offer your customers.
Pro tip: To make your POD store stand out, you can use the OnModel Shopify app to turn your existing product photos into unique images using AI!
How do you connect Gelato to your store?
Gelato integrates with Shopify, Woocommerce, Wix, BigCommerce, Squarespace, and direct API integration.
Gelato's pricing plans consist of three options. A free plan, a Gelato+ plan, and a Gelato+ Gold plan:
As you can see, the paid plans offer a discount on the shipping fees, so they will be worth it if you sell many products!
Note: Interested in learning more about Gelato? Check out our in-depth review here!
6. Contrado Review
Contrado is another ethical POD company that specializes in earth-friendly materials.
They started in London, England, in 2002. Their mission is to reduce the number of landfills that happen through products and educate sustainability through manufacturing alternatives.
Contrado wastes little water by ensuring the manufacturing of their ink printers is disposed of properly to prevent any leakage.
- It usually takes 3-15 business days for international deliveries to arrive. This is one of the fastest global shipping speeds in the industry.
- It usually takes 1-3 business days for orders to be sent. One of the fastest fulfillment times in the industry.
- Provide a lot of customizable branding options. You have control over how you want your product's labels, dispatch notes, and thank you messages to look!
- Shipping fees and products are expensive. With speedy shipping and high-quality materials, the development and shipping pricing will be more than the average.
How do you connect Contrado to your store?
Contrado only integrates with Shopify. Alternatively, you can purchase directly from their website.
Free! There are no other tiers or fees to use Contrado.
7. Ecomerch Review
Ecomerch is a print on demand supplier that stands out for its commitment to producing sustainable products.
They offer a variety of retail-ready items made from recycled cotton and polyester and printed with water-based inks to minimize their environmental impact.
In addition, the company uses sustainable packaging methods. Ecomerch provides businesses with a one-stop shop for all their sustainable store needs, with the option to connect their platform directly to a Shopify website.
It offers various “additional extras” like screen-printed tissue paper, swing tags, and custom labels made from organic cotton or recycled polyester.
No sign-up or monthly subscription fees exist, but eco-friendly products may be slightly more expensive than some less sustainable alternatives.
- Lots of “additional extras” to promote your brand. This can help you stand out in a crowded market.
- Plenty of garment options to choose from. Ensuring that you can find the right product for your specific needs.
- Recycled and organic materials throughout. Showing Ecomerch's commitment to sustainability.
- Some products can be a little expensive compared to others. So it may not be the best fit for businesses on a tight budget.
- While Ecomerch offers a good range of products, they have fewer options than some competitors. Which could be a limitation for businesses with specific needs.
How do you connect Ecomerch to your store?
Ecomerch only integrates with their Shopify app and API code.
Ecomerch doesn't charge for signing up and has no monthly subscription fees. However, it's important to note that some of their eco-friendly products are priced higher than comparable, less sustainable products on the market.
8. Shirtee Review
Shirtee is a German POD green supplier focusing on shirts. They offer more than 50 kinds with over 4,000 variants to choose from.
Shirtee uses resource-saving production and eco-textiles from renewable manufacturers to reduce the environmental impacts as much as possible.
Shirtee uses special neo-pigment ink from Kornit, which removes all dangerous metals and chemicals to make it harmless to humans and nature. It's also biodegradable, so nothing is used to waste!
- With DHL, DPD, Deutsche Post, GLS, and UPS, you can receive your order within 2-12 days worldwide. This is a pretty good timeframe!
- Support custom branding. $0.34 for flyers/order, $0.40 for stickers/order, $1.17 for custom packaging/order, and $0.34 for washing labels/order.
- The returns management system is excellent and easy to use. They use a custom system that allows you to ship products back to them so they can adequately discard them.
- The order processing time can be up to five days. This is notably longer than average.
- There is a lack of a wide selection of products. If you're looking for more variety, you will be disappointed.
How do you connect Shirtee to your store?
Shirtee integrations Integrate with Shopify, WooCommerce, ShopWare, PrestaShop, Wix, Squarespace, Magento, Amazon, eBay, and Etsy.
For the full info, check out their integrations page!
Free! There are no tiers or fees to use Shirtee
9. TwoFifteen Review
TwoFifteen is a green-focused and ethical POD company from the UK. They have over 200 shirts, home decor, baby apparel, drinkware, and more!
TwoFifteen uses mailing bags made from recycled materials. They also use big cardboard boxes with double walls that are custom-made.
TwoFifteen also donates apparel that doesn't meet its quality standard to ship to nonprofits and reduce waste.
- Royal Mail provides worldwide delivery within 14 working days. This is a reasonable timeframe.
- A lot of integrations. Integrate with Shopify, WooCommerce, Etsy, Squarespace, BigCartel, and many more!
- Up to five days of production times. This is longer than average.
- No custom labeling and packaging solutions. Bummer!
How do you connect TwoFifteen to your store?
TwoFifteen has a lot of integrations!
They use platforms like Shopify, Woocommerce, Etsy, Squarespace, Wix, BigCartel, and more! Check out their full list here.
Free! There are no other tiers or fees to use TwoFifteen.
10. KinCustom Review
KinCustom is an eco-friendly and ethical POD supplier from China.
They've been around for about ten years and significantly understand their supply chain.
KinCustom is known for its innovative custom products and fast turnarounds with the environment in mind.
To reduce waste, all products are made to order and packaged in recycled materials.
- International shipping is seven to ten business days. This is super fast compared to other global shipping speeds!
- Bulk order discount. Depending on your order, you can expect a discount rate of up to 45%.
- Sets of custom branding start at $1.99 per product. This allows you to have your logo.
- A lot of integrations. KinCustom is available on Etsy, Shopify, Big Cartel, Weebly, Squarespace, BigCommerce, and WooCommerce.
- It might take at least three days to fulfill orders. This is slower than most suppliers.
- Product prices are pretty high. Higher than the average POD supplier.
How do you connect KinCustom to your store?
KinCustom only integrates with Shopify.
Free! There are no other tiers or fees to use KinCustom.
11. Custom Ink Review
Through innovative tools and a team of artists, Custom Ink helps you bring your passions to life.
While not every product Custom Ink is eco-friendly, they have enough to work with, such as jackets, office supplies, hats, gifts, and sweatpants:
- Above-average international delivery. Via UPS and USPS, their average shipping time is 14 days.
- Fast processing times. It can be two to three days.
- Some products have MOQ. This means you must purchase a certain amount for them to be shipped. (More info about MOQ here)
- No integrations. You will have to order from CustomInk's website manually.
How do you connect Custom Ink to your store?
You cannot connect Custom Ink to your store. All purchases must be made manually from their website!
Free! There are no other tiers or fees to use Custom Ink.
12. Teemill Review
A unique feature Teemill offers is that every returned garment to them gets a store credit to be used for your next order.
Offering returns is a massive plus because dealing with returns is one of POD store owners' biggest struggles!
Teemill has an excellent selection of different kinds of apparel for casual wear. Their choice has room to expand if you're looking to branch into more styles.
- Teemill offers store credit for returns. You no longer have to wonder what to do with unwanted orders!
- Teemill has a solid website builder. You don't need another platform, such as Shopify, because they provide one for you.
- They have an extensive library of resources to use. If you need inspiration or guidance, Teemill has a lot of articles and videos to help you!
- Medicare profit margins. You will not have high-profit margins because of their quality materials and ethical sourcing.
- Lack of website control. While Teemill offers a good website-building platform for you to use for free, there is a lack of control over how you want it to look.
How do you connect Teemill to your store?
There are no integrations available because you use Teemill's website builder.
It is free to use Teemill and their website builder.
For £10 per month, you can use a custom domain name and access more products, email marketing tools, and mock-ups to showcase your designs.
Reading and absorbing information and knowledge is excellent (definitely if it's free!), but do you know what's even better?
So, to help you with taking action with what you have learned in this article, take a look at the bullet points:
- Remember that picking a supplier that connects with your ecommerce platform will make it much easier to run your POD store!
- It's even better if you can find a supplier that connects with your ecommerce platform and is located in your target audience's country.
- Check out our overview table and see if you can find one!
- If you found a supplier, register for a free account (if available), and check if they offer the products you want to sell.
- Lastly, if you're unsure if the eco-friendly niche is the right fit, check out 27 other niche ideas here.
So, what is the best eco-friendly supplier for POD stores in 2023?
In our opinion, the best eco-friendly POD suppliers in 2023 are TPOP, Shirtigo, and Printful.
They offer various eco-friendly products stored in multiple locations and all the essential features you need to start selling!
If you're still second-guessing, let's take a look at our overview from earlier:
|Printify||Worldwide||$0 / $29 per month||Printify Review|
|Gelato||US/EU||$0 / $15 / $99 per month||Gelato Review|
|Custom Ink||US||Free||Custom Ink Review|
|Teemill||EU||€0 / €9 per month||Teemill Review|
And if you want to see more eco-friendly suppliers, check out our other list of the best eco-friendly dropshipping suppliers!
Good luck with your POD store!
Want to learn more about print on demand?
Ready to move your print on demand store to the next level? Check out the articles below:
- 15 Best Print on Demand Companies and Suppliers
- 14 Best US Print on Demand Suppliers (Fast Shipping)
- 10 Best Print on Demand Tools for your Business in 2023
Plus, don’t forget to check out our in-depth how to start a print on demand business guide here!