Dropshipping art is an attractive business model to many aspiring entrepreneurs – but do you know exactly what's involved?
How can you ensure that your dropshipping store meets customer expectations and grows as a profitable business?
In this article, we'll explore the potential of dropshipping art, from understanding the basics of the business structure to sourcing reliable art suppliers.
Whether you're already in the ecommerce industry or just starting on this journey, there is something here for everyone, so let's dive in!
Overview: The Best Art Dropshipping Suppliers
Looking for the best dropshipping supplier to source your art pieces?
If so, check out this overview table below:
|Syncee||US/CA/EU/UK/AU||$0 / $29 / $49 / $99 per month||Syncee Review|
|AppScenic||US/CA/EU/UK/AU||$0 / $24 / $47 / $78 per month||AppScenic Review|
|Spocket||US/EU/UK||$0 / $30 / $50 / $100 per month||Spocket Review|
|DropCommerce||US/CA||$19 / $49 / $89 / $149 per month||DropCommerce Review|
|BigBuy||EU||€69 / €99 per month + €90 one-time||BigBuy Review|
|CJdropshipping||China/Rest of the World||Free||CJdropshipping Review|
What to know about dropshipping art
Dropshipping art can sound like an appealing business idea, but there are a few things you should keep in mind:
First off, do some research on the legal side of reselling art that's not yours.
Generally, the artist of an art piece always has the copyright for it. This means you would have to license or receive permission from the original artist before reselling the art.
This is something to be aware of and research before selling art you've bought elsewhere. If you want to know more about the legal side of dropshipping, we recommend checking out this article here.
Alternatively, if you're creative, you could create your art, automatically get the copyright, and use print on demand to sell it.
Disclaimer: This is not legal advice. If you want to be sure that you comply with all laws when dropshipping art, please consult a professional legal advisor.
Importance of high-quality product images
Remember, shoppers can't physically see or touch the artwork before buying.
Therefore, it's essential to use high-quality images that reflect the object's true sense of size, shape, and color accuracy.
Ensure your customers feel confident that the art they're purchasing is just as beautiful in real life as it appears on the website!
Be strategic with your pricing
A challenging aspect of dropshipping art is setting the selling price of your items.
It pays off to be strategic here and have a pricing strategy.
Someone buying an art piece is most likely making an emotional decision. In other words, the price of an art piece has a less significant effect on the purchase decision when comparing it to someone buying a new keyboard, for instance.
When it comes to pricing artwork, we know two things:
- If you set your price too low, you may unintentionally send a message that the work is not worth much or not valuable enough to be considered an investment.
- If you set your price too high, it may deter potential buyers.
But how do you know when the price is too low or too high?
Unfortunately, that's a question that is difficult to answer, but here are some of the most critical considerations:
- The artist's reputation and history. If the artist has an excellent reputation, they can ask for a higher price. Additionally, the artist's sales history and prices of similar art pieces can affect the selling price.
- The medium used. Art pieces created with more expensive materials can be priced higher.
- Size and complexity. Large and complex art pieces are generally more expensive than small and simple items.
To learn more about setting the best price for your dropshipping products, look at our pricing strategy guide here!
Tips for selecting art suppliers
As you've seen in the supplier's table at the start of the article, plenty of art suppliers are available.
There is no ‘one-fits-all' supplier, so how do you know the best choice?
Well, we always recommend looking at a set number of criteria:
- Your target country. Where is your target audience located? Do you see any suppliers located in the same region? If so, you may be able to offer faster shipping times for your customers and save on shipping fees.
- Your budget. Are you willing to spend some money on a paid supplier? If not, you will be able to cross away some more options.
- Your ecommerce platform. If your supplier offers an integration app for your ecommerce platform, it will save you a lot of time and effort when importing products and processing orders!
- Supplier's reputation. Look for suppliers with a proven track record of providing high-quality art and positive reviews from other customers.
You can apply these criteria to the list of suppliers and see which suppliers match!
Now, you can choose by looking at their product catalog, pros & cons, or try the first option.
Bonus tip: Did you know that Hatchful, Shopify's free online logo maker, can help you create your art logo? Click here for more information!
(If you stick around till the end of the article, you will find another fantastic bonus tip!)
7 Amazing art dropshipping suppliers
Ready to find the perfect art dropshipping supplier for your store?
To help you make the most out of this article, we will do the following for each supplier:
- Include a link to their website. You can either click on the title or the screenshot of their homepage to check out their website.
- Give a short description. To introduce you to the supplier and tell you about their unique features.
- Discuss the pros & cons. This will help you to make an educated decision about which supplier to pick.
- Store connection. We will mention if there's a way to connect the supplier to your dropshipping store!
- Introduce their pricing plans. Some art suppliers are free to use, while others require registering for a paid monthly membership.
1. Syncee Review
Syncee is a B2B platform offering a directory of North American, European, or Australian dropshipping suppliers to connect with.
They offer some excellent features to simplify the search for your items, such as special pricing & filtering rules and the ability to chat with any dropshipping supplier.
In Syncee's product catalog, you will find multiple art-related items you can dropship. Think about wall art, tile art, or sculptures:
They even offer lots of art supplies:
- Many art pieces. As you can see above, many art-related items are for sale on Syncee!
- Chat with suppliers. Using Syncee's built-in communication tool, you can ask suppliers crucial questions before partnering.
- Auto order feature. With Syncee's Shopify app, new orders on your store are directly sent to your supplier. No more manual ordering!
- It can become relatively expensive for art stores. If you want to create a dropshipping store with more than 250 unique art products in the catalog, Syncee will cost at least $99 monthly.
Tip: Interested in learning more about Syncee? Check out our in-depth review here!
How do you connect Syncee to your store?
Syncee offers a Shopify app that makes adding new items and fulfilling orders a piece of cake!
And they also have connections to platforms like WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Wix, and more:
You can find Syncee's pricing plans in the image below:
Don't forget you can test programs for 14 days without actual charges. And if you pay annually, you can save up to eight monthly subscription costs!
For more information about Syncee's pricing plans, check out our other article here!
2. AppScenic Review
Next up is a supplier called AppScenic.
They aim to create the complete dropshipping toolkit with product syncing, auto-ordering, tracking shipments, and smart payments!
AppScenic was started because the founders didn't find a solution that offered dropshippers the complete range of services needed to automate their online business.
They have verified dropshipping suppliers from the top dropshipping countries, including the US, EU, UK, Canada, and Australia!
And among those are some fantastic art suppliers; check out this collection here:
As you can see, they offer suppliers worldwide, from the US to Portugal to Australia!
- A ton of worldwide dropshipping suppliers. AppScenic currently offers 385 unique suppliers and ships from 40+ countries.
- Fast shipping. All suppliers registered with AppScenic deliver in two to five days from their US/UK/EU warehouses.
- Auto-ordering. You can set up auto-orders, so you never have to worry about manually placing an order with your supplier!
- Easy refunds. AppScenic's escrow system provides a hassle-free solution for refunds and returns by eliminating the need for you to communicate with suppliers directly.
- Requires a paid monthly plan. To get access to all of AppScenic's features, you need a paid monthly pricing plan.
- Transaction fee. AppScenic imposes a transaction fee on all their plans except the Elite plan, if paid yearly.
How do you connect AppScenic to your store?
You can connect AppScenic to your Shopify store by installing AppScenic's Shopify app:
They also have connection options for WooCommerce, Wix, and eBay stores.
AppScenic has a free 7-day trial, so you can try out their features before committing to a paid plan.
After the free trial, their plans start at $24/month and go up to $78/month.
AppScenic offers a free plan, but you need the paid plans to push and sync items to your dropshipping store.
3. AliExpress Review
So, that includes art items! For example, check out this royal wall art:
Or maybe you like this sculpture:
We also have a tip if you're having trouble finding great art pieces on AliExpress.
First, sign up for Modalyst. Then, click ‘Ready to sell' from their dashboard under the ‘Find Products' tab and type something like ‘art' in the search bar.You will find loads of fantastic art products together with their AliExpress links.
P.S. Modalyst is also a great tool to connect your dropshipping store to AliExpress! You can learn more about Modalyst in this article.
- Cashback. You can get 4.3% – 5.9% cashback on all your AliExpress orders, which is excellent for your product's pricing strategy. To learn more, check out this article.
- Easy refunds for missing orders. You can easily start a dispute if a product bought on AliExpress isn't delivered. More often than not, you will get your money refunded.
- AliExpress Dropshipping Center. The AliExpress Dropshipping Center is a tool that helps you analyze products before selling them and more!
- Transparent. Because AliExpress is so popular, competitors or customers often try to find your product on the platform.
- Dishonest suppliers. Don't immediately believe anything an AliExpress supplier tells you. Check out this article to learn how to find the best suppliers on AliExpress.
How do you connect AliExpress to your store?
4. Spocket Review
Spocket connects you with dropshipping suppliers from the United States or Europe.
They also work with suppliers from other countries, but around 80% of suppliers on Spocket are from the US/EU.
Spocket is a general dropshipping supplier, so that you will find products from all kinds of niches:
But don't worry; they have plenty of fantastic art products! Take a look at these examples:
Looks great, right? And as you can see, they're from US or EU warehouses, so that you can offer fast shipping on your store!
- Great return policy. Generally, items can be returned within 15 days of receiving the order.
- Order samples. With Spocket, you can order samples with a few simple clicks to test the quality of the art pieces and suppliers!
- Branded invoicing. When scaling your business, consider upgrading to Spocket's Pro plan to unlock branded invoicing.
- Customized packaging is not available. If you are looking to brand your business and ship your products using customized packaging, Spocket isn't for you.
- Product pricing. Some items on Spocket are priced relatively high, making it more challenging to achieve a healthy profit margin.
- Art selection. Spocket doesn't have the most extensive collection of art pieces compared to the other suppliers on this list.
Tip: Interested in learning more about Spocket? Check out our in-depth review here!
How do you connect Spocket to your store?
You can connect Spocket to your Shopify store by installing Spocket's Shopify app. Easy, right?
Alternatively, they also have integrations for WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Wix, and other platforms.
Remember that you can get up to eight months off by paying yearly instead of monthly!
For more information about Spocket's pricing plans, check out our other article here!
5. DropCommerce Review
If you love high-quality products from the US, you will love DropCommerce.
Every supplier at DropCommerce is hand-picked for unique, high-quality products and fast shipping.
And some of them offer some exceptional art items, like this owl print:
Or this dream bus life print:
- Only US or Canadian dropshipping suppliers. Other platforms also offer Chinese dropshipping suppliers, but DropCommerce exclusively offers 300+ North American dropshipping suppliers.
- No transaction fees. At DropCommerce, you only pay a membership fee. No transaction fees appear on top of the product prices.
- Fast shipping. Since all products are shipped from the US or Canada, DropCommerce's shipping time is only three to five days!
- Branded invoicing. Give your store a professional look by using DropCommerce's branded invoicing feature.
- Missing features for cheaper plans. For excellent features like automated fulfillment, you must pay for one of the more expensive plans, which costs at least $89 monthly.
- Product catalog. Like Spocket, DropCommerce doesn't offer the most extensive catalog of art items.
How do you connect DropCommerce to your store?
You can integrate DropCommerce with your Shopify store through the DropCommerce Shopify app:
Alternatively, you can also connect it to a Wix or BigCommerce store.
DropCommerce's pricing plans start at just $19 per month. You can upgrade to the Growth or Professional plans if you want access to advanced features or need more than 25 products.
Remember that yearly paying can save you more than 50% of the monthly membership fee. Also, you can try every plan using a free 14-day trial!
6. BigBuy Review
Are you looking to target the Spanish or European market with your art store?
If so, you should consider BigBuy.
As a Spanish dropshipping and wholesale supplier, BigBuy is a bit of a jack of all trades.
Besides offering dropshipping supplier services, they are also involved with wholesale, turnkey shops, multi-channel platform integrations, and more.
In BigBuy's product catalog, you will find over 1,500 art pieces if you select the category ‘Artworks and decorative materials':
- Great for art stores in Europe. BigBuy can deliver across Europe and provides a product catalog translated into 24 European languages.
- Branding options. When dropshipping with BigBuy, your store's name and logo are added to the packages!
- Expensive. BigBuy's monthly membership fee is relatively pricey for a European dropshipping supplier.
- The delivery times could be prone to delays. Although BigBuy scores very well on Trustpilot overall, most negative reviews seem to complain about BigBuy not being able to keep their promised delivery time.
How do you connect BigBuy to your store?
Using BigBuy's multi-channel integration, you can connect it to your store on platforms like:
- Google Shopping
To dropship with BigBuy, subscribe to their ‘Ecommerce Pack.' You must pay a €90 registration fee and €69 per month.
Discount code: Looking for a BigBuy discount code? You can use BigBuy20 to get 20% off on your first month!
If you're also looking for an integration to connect your store to BigBuy's marketplaces, you can opt for BigBuy's ‘Marketplace Pack.'
This plan will set you back €99 per month and a one-time €90 registration fee:
For more information about BigBuy's pricing plans, check out our other article here!
7. CJdropshipping Review
CJdropshipping is a Chinese dropshipping supplier offering an extensive catalog of products.
It's pretty similar to AliExpress!
However, while AliExpress mainly targets the general public, CJdropshipping focuses on online store owners/dropshippers. Another difference is that CJdropshipping has warehouse locations worldwide, including the US, UK, Canada, Europe, and more!
But do they offer any great art items too?
Well, yes! If you spend some time searching, you will find the following:
- Warehouses all over the world. You may be looking for a dropshipping supplier in China, but when your product is available to be shipped from a warehouse closer to your customer, why wouldn't you do it?
- Sourcing requests. If you can't find the product you're looking for in CJdropshipping's catalog, they can help you source it! To submit a sourcing request, you must create an account, which you can do here.
- Many shipping options. CJdropshipping offers many unique shipping options that help you get products to your customers the fastest and cheapest way possible.
- High shipping costs when using local warehouses. When shipping a product from a local warehouse, it's not uncommon for the shipping costs to be between $5 and $15 per product.
- Product quality. Since it's a Chinese supplier, we recommend placing a sample order first to check the quality of the artwork before dropshipping it. As with AliExpress, it can be hit and miss!
Tip: Interested in learning more about CJdropshipping? Check out our in-depth review here!
How do you connect CJdropshipping to your store?
CJdropshipping offers a Shopify app that you can use to connect it to your Shopify store:
If you don't use Shopify, check out these 11 automation apps here!
Using CJdropshipping is free!
Alternative to dropshipping art: print on demand
Here's a look at another option: using print on demand!
1. The Print Space Review
The Print Space is an excellent option for dropshipping art prints.
They offer a wide range of products, including fine art prints, canvas prints, framed prints, and acrylic prints, all of which are of high quality and available in various finishes.
The Print Space also takes care of the packaging and shipping of your orders, making it a hassle-free option for dropshipping.
Connecting The Print Space to your store is easy with their API or integration with popular platforms like Shopify or WooCommerce.
However, it's important to note that The Print Space only ships to selected countries, which may limit your customer base.
One downside is that The Print Space does not offer extensive customization options, such as the ability to add your branding or packaging to the products.
Their pricing can also be a bit high, but they offer volume discounts for larger orders.
- Quality Prints. The Print Space offers high-quality Giclée prints on archival paper with various finishes, including matte, gloss, and metallic.
- Wide Range of Products. The Print Space offers a variety of products, including fine art prints, canvas prints, framed prints, and acrylic prints.
- Easy Integration. The Print Space provides an easy-to-use API that allows you to connect your store to its platform and automate your fulfillment process.
- Limited Shipping. The Print Space only ships to selected countries, so you may be unable to serve customers in certain regions.
- Limited Product Range. While The Print Space offers a variety of products, its focus is primarily on art prints. If you're looking for a dropshipping supplier that offers a broader range of products, you may need to look elsewhere.
How do you connect The Print Space to your store?
The Print Space integrates with popular ecommerce platforms, including Shopify, Squarespace, Etsy, Woocommerce, Wix, and Tiktok. There's also an easy-to-use API option as well.
To learn more about these integrations, you can visit their help page, which provides detailed information and instructions for connecting your store to The Print Space.
There are no setup or monthly fees to use The Print Space as a dropshipping service for art prints.
2. Creativehub Review
Creativehub is a print on demand platform that enables artists and creatives to sell their artwork on various products.
With an extensive network of printing partners, Creativehub offers a streamlined process for printing, shipping, and handling customer service.
One of the standout features of Creativehub is its commitment to sustainability!
The company uses eco-friendly materials in its products and packaging and offsets its carbon emissions through a partnership with Ecologi. This is a big plus for environmentally conscious artists and customers.
Creativehub offers a range of products for artists to sell, including art prints, phone cases, tote bags, and more.
Artists can upload their artwork directly to the platform and choose which products they want to sell it on. Creativehub handles the products' Printing, packaging, and shipping, so artists don't have to worry about those details.
- Eco-friendly materials and packaging. This is a significant advantage for artists and customers who prioritize sustainability.
- User-friendly website. Creativehub's website is easy to use and navigate, which makes it simple for artists to upload their designs and manage their shops.
- Range of products available for artists to sell. Creativehub offers various products for artists to sell, including art prints, phone cases, and tote bags.
- Base prices for products can be high. Artists must add their markup to the base price to make a profit, which can be challenging when the base price is already high.
- Limited integrations. This could limit the reach of artists who primarily sell on those platforms since it's only available on Shopify.
Creativehub offers a free tier that gives these features:
- Up to 30 GB of storage
- 200 MB files processed per month
- 1 discoverable portfolio
For 8€/mo the benefits are:
- 1 TB of storage
- 100GB files processed per month
- 5 discoverable portfolios
you can check out the pricing page for more info.
How do you connect Creativehub to your store?
Creativehub allows integration with Shopify via their app here.
3. Picanova Review
Next up is Picanova!
The app integrates seamlessly with my Shopify store and allows me to offer a wide range of customizable products, including canvases, mugs, and phone cases.
The interface is intuitive and user-friendly, making it easy to upload and add my designs to my store.
What I appreciate most about the Picanova B2B print on demand app is the quality of the products.
The Printing and materials are top-notch, and my customers have been thrilled with the products they've received. The app also provides excellent customer service, with prompt and helpful responses to questions or concerns.
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface. It seamlessly integrates with Shopify stores well.
- Wide range of customizable products. These include canvases, mugs, and phone cases.
- Top-notch Printing and materials. They consistently receive positive feedback from customers.
- Picanova B2B print on demand app is not a standalone platform. This means it requires a Shopify store to operate with no other alternatives.
- Ships only from Germany. US customers are going to be having a slow shipping experience.
- Product prices may be higher than other print on demand services. However, the quality of the products justifies the cost.
Picanova is free to use!
Picanova currently only integrates with Shopify via their app here.
4. Art of Where Review
Art of Where was founded in 2013 by a group of artists in Montreal, Canada. They began by printing their designs onto products and soon expanded to offer their printing services to other artists and designers.
Art of Where prides itself on its commitment to ethical and sustainable production, using eco-friendly inks and materials whenever possible.
They also work with local suppliers and manufacturers to reduce their carbon footprint.
In addition to its custom-printed products, Art of Where offers a selection of ready-to-wear clothing and accessories featuring designs by its community of artists. They also have a blog and marketplace where artists can connect and share their work.
- Art of Where offers high-quality custom-printed products made in-house. This creates a unique selling position, such as leggings and kimono robes.
- The website is user-friendly, and the ordering process is straightforward. With their marketplace, you can have your store ready in minutes.
- Art of Where's custom-made products come at a higher price than mass-produced items. So you need to consider if the profit margins make sense for you.
- Shipping time can vary depending on the product and location. So determining shipping arrival can be difficult.
Art of Where is free to sign up and begin selling your designs!
Art of Where integrates with various platforms, including Shopify, Etsy, BigCartel, and Squarespace.
This makes it easy for sellers to create their custom products with Art of Where and then sell them on their website or online marketplace.
5. Beyond Print Review
Beyond Print is a software solution that allows businesses to manage their printing process. It is cloud-based, meaning users can access it from anywhere with an internet connection.
Beyond Print's goal is to help businesses save time and money on their printing process. With this software, companies can easily create, edit, and print their documents in a few clicks.
This is your supplier if you're looking for the highest quality printing on an art museum level!
- Wide range of file formats supported. Beyond Print supports many forms, including PDF, DOC, and JPG. This means that users can upload and print any file they need.
- Many customizable templates. Beyond Print offers a variety of templates that users can customize to their needs. This feature saves time and helps businesses create professional-looking documents with ease.
- High pricing for smaller businesses. Beyond Print's pricing plans can be a bit expensive. However, the software's features and functions make it worth investing in larger firms.
- Only ships from England. Out of the UK, customers may experience slow shipping.
Beyond Print is free and offers £6 – 15% off your first order.
Beyond Printing only integrates with Etsy and Shopify. For more information and how to install, check out their integrations page.
Bonus tip #2: Have you ever heard of Jasper Art? It's an AI tool you can use to generate your art without being an artist! Look at our review of Jasper Art here to find some mind-blowing examples of what you can do with it.
And once you have your AI-generated art, you can use a Shopify app like Frame Up to create stunning mockups and make your wall art shine!
More dropshipping suppliers
Not sure yet if the dropshipping suppliers in this list fit with you and your business? Or are you curious to see what other suppliers are out there?
Great! Check out the articles below for more great dropshipping suppliers:
- The 8 Best Organic Dropshipping Suppliers
- The 8 Best Sunglasses Dropshipping Suppliers
- The 9 Best Coffee Dropshipping Suppliers
- The 12 Best Furniture Dropshipping Suppliers
- The 14 Best Clothing Dropshipping Suppliers
- The 14 Best Free Dropshipping Suppliers (+ Niche Suppliers Included)
- The 15 Best Fashion and Beauty Niche Dropshipping Suppliers
Plus, don't forget to check our guide on how to choose the best dropshipping supplier!
Before we go to the final verdict, we've created a quick summary of this article for you, so you can easily remember it:
- Dropshipping art can be a great business model, but remember to take legal considerations, use high-quality images in your store, and consider your pricing strategy.
- Some of the best art dropshipping suppliers are Syncee, AppScenic, and AliExpress.
- An alternative to dropshipping art is print on demand. You won't be selling existing art items using print on demand; instead, you can develop your art items, which will be produced on demand whenever you get a new order!
So, there you have it. You can dropship art!
Now that you know what it takes to dropship art and some great suppliers to get you started, it's time to take action.
And while dropshipping art can be a ton of fun, remember that print on demand is also an option. Whichever route you choose, get creative and have fun!
Want to learn more about dropshipping?
Ready to move your dropshipping store to the next level? Check out the articles below: