Are you interested in using Printful but confused by the pricing plans?
If so, don’t worry!
In this article, we will dive into Printful’s pricing structure so that you can learn about all features and determine which fits your needs (and budget!) the best.
So please grab a cup of coffee or tea, and let’s get started!
What is the best Printful pricing plan for me?
Finding the perfect Printful pricing plan can be a bit overwhelming.
However, it doesn’t have to be!
You see, Printful is a free print on demand supplier.
Let us say that again, Printful does not have any paid monthly pricing plans!
Note: Before April 12, 2023, Printful had two paid pricing plans. However, they’ve since updated their pricing structure, removed the paid pricing plans, and made some of their premium tools free for everyone!
Although Printful doesn’t have any paid pricing plans, there are some features that you’ll be charged extra for.
Here is an overview of the pricing for each of those features:
- Digitization. When it comes to embroidery, all files need to be digitized to a format the embroidery machines support. This is a one-time fee of between $2.95 and $6.50 for each new design, which depends on the design’s type and placement.
- Extra customization. Printful offers some extra customization options for your items, such as additional large prints ($5.95 per extra print), sleeve prints ($2.49 per short sleeve and $5.95 per long sleeve), and inside and outside apparel labels ($2.49 per label).
- Premium Images. Printful offers you the option to customize your products with premium photos. Premium Images for your designs cost $1 plus tax per image and placement.
Taking action: If you’re ready to start, you can sign up for Printful here! Or, if you’re not sure about it yet, read our review of Printful here!
What features does Printful offer?
Let’s take a closer look at the features of Printful!
Printful is one of the most popular print on demand suppliers out there.
The mock-up generator and ecommerce platform integrations Printful offers make it an appealing supplier for many online stores.
However, the offered features aren’t the only reason why Printful is an appealing supplier.
The fact that Printful is a free supplier also lowers the barrier for store owners to try out the service!
The free Printful plan offers everything you need to start selling. There are no monthly fees; you only pay for the products you buy.
But what does it include? Let’s take a quick look at the main features:
- 330 Products to choose from. Enjoy the possibility of selling a wide range of products on your POD store. Printful offers products like clothing, backpacks, pillows, and much more!
- Integrate with 28 ecommerce platforms. Seamlessly connect your online store with popular platforms like Shopify, Etsy, WooCommerce, and more.
- High-quality prints. Printful has invested $83.7 million toward printing equipment. Print quality is high on Printful’s list of priorities, and since they do everything in-house, it’s a promise they can keep.
- Global fulfillment centers. Printful’s fulfillment centers used to print and ship your designs are located all over the world. As a result, they can offer relatively fast delivery times for a print on demand supplier!
- Use product templates. Save time by using Printful’s pre-made templates for consistent designs across different products.
- Design in the Design Maker. Unleash your creativity with Printful’s user-friendly design tool.
- Download mockups and print files. Quickly obtain product mockups for your store:
- Access to 16,500+ clipart images. Improve your designs with Printful’s vast library of royalty-free clipart.
- Embroidery items. These are a favorite for their premium feel. Take a look at some examples below:
Printful’s premium features which are available for free
As mentioned earlier, Printful had two paid pricing plans before April 12, 2023.
These paid pricing plans unlocked some of Printful’s premium features, which gave their clients more possibilities regarding differentiating themselves from the competition.
However, when Printful revised its pricing structure, it made some of its premium tools available for free to everyone!
So, here is an overview of those features:
- Background Removal Tool. Easily remove backgrounds from your images for a cleaner and more professional look:
- Custom Mockup Maker. Upgrade your store’s product images with Printful’s custom mockups:
- Promo Maker. Boost your marketing with attention-grabbing promotional materials made with Printful’s Promo Maker:
- Pro Clipart. Printful’s previous ‘Pro Clipart’ is now available for free to everyone!
Printful free trial: An overview of all possibilities
If you run an online store on a low budget, you might wonder if you can use Printful for free.
The good news is yes, you can use Printful for free!
You can use Printful’s free pricing plan without any additional paid features!
Here is an overview of all possibilities of Printful’s free trial:
|Printful Pricing Plan||Printful (Free)|
|Free Trial Available?||Yes|
|Free Trial Duration||Unlimited|
Why should you use Printful?
You now know a bit more about Printful’s pricing and features, but what are some reasons why you might need Printful for your print on demand (POD) store?
Well, as a POD store owner, you sell items that you don’t have in stock. Once a customer places an order, you forward it to your supplier, who then manufactures and ships the product(s) directly to your customer.
Some of the tasks that you will come across when doing print on demand include:
- Finding items to sell from POD suppliers.
- Creating a design for the products you’ll list on your store.
- Uploading these products to your store.
- Buying products from your supplier to fulfill your customer’s order (order fulfillment).
- Updating the tracking numbers and order statuses for your orders.
And guess what?
These are all things that a company like Printful can automate or make much easier!
There are a few POD suppliers out there, but Printful is an excellent choice if:
- You want to partner with one of the largest and most successful POD suppliers worldwide.
- You don’t mind paying a bit more in product costs in exchange for Printful’s print quality, product selection, and access to global fulfillment centers.
A great alternative to Printful is Printify. You can read our comparison article between Printful and Printify here!
FAQs about Printful’s pricing plans
If you aren’t sure which pricing plan from Printful is right for you, you might have some questions we haven’t answered yet. So, take a look at these FAQs below:
How much does Printful cost per month?
Printful is a free supplier and doesn’t have paid pricing plans. Printful’s monthly costs equal the products you purchase plus any additional paid extra features you select.
Is shipping included in Printful’s price?
Shipping is not included in Printful’s pricing plans or Printful’s product prices. Shipping costs are separate and depend on factors like the destination, shipping method, and product weight.
Does Printful charge more for color?
Printful’s product prices do not vary based on the color choice. Also, there is no additional charge for adding extra colors.
Related pricing plan guides
Not sure yet about using Printful? Or are you curious about what other companies are out there for your online business?
We’ve got you covered! Check out the lists below to find more great companies:
- BigBuy Pricing Plans Guide
- Printify Pricing Plans Guide
- Sellvia Pricing Plans Guide
- Sell The Trend Pricing Plans Guide
- Shopify Pricing Plans Guide
- Spocket Pricing Plans Guide
- Syncee Pricing Plans Guide
Before we go to the conclusion, we’ve created a quick summary of this article for you, so you can easily remember it:
- Printful is a free supplier where you pay only for the products you purchase plus shipping.
- However, Printful offers some paid features to customize your items, like embroidery digitization, sleeve prints, or premium images.
Congratulations, you are now an expert on Printful’s pricing!
This article should provide all the information you might need to pick the pricing plan that fits you best.
If you have any further questions, please ask them in the comment section below!
Lastly, if you have decided that Printful is not for you, here are some awesome alternatives!
Want to learn more about POD?
Ready to move your print on demand store to the next level? Check out the articles below:
- What Is Print on Demand: An Ultimate Beginner’s Guide
- 15 Most Successful Print on Demand Store Examples in 2023
- 14 Best US Print on Demand Suppliers in 2023 (Fast Shipping)
Plus, don’t forget to check out our in-depth how to start a print on demand business guide here!