Introducing custom clothing has always been challenging.
That is, until print on demand services came along.
With these services, you can design your own apparel with a few clicks and have it shipped directly to your customers.
In this article, we've compiled a list of the nine best T-shirt print on demand suppliers.
The best T-shirt suppliers: An overview
Here are the nine best T-shirt print on demand suppliers:
|Average pricing (excluding shipping)
|5 business days
|2 to 5 business days
|2 to 7 business days
|2 to 4 business days
|4 to 7 business days
|7 business days
|5 business days
|Art of Where
|14 business days
|Art of Where Review
|3 business days
How do you pick the best T-shirt supplier?
Before choosing a supplier, it's important to consider the variety of styles and colors they offer.
The more options they have, the better your chance of finding what you need.
Another factor is their turnaround time. Some suppliers can take a long time to deliver your order, while others can have it ready in as little as 24 hours.
A great way to verify their reputation is to check out their reviews, but don't worry, we've done the heavy lifting for you, so you'll know what to expect.
Now, let's get into the nine best T-shirt suppliers in more detail.
9 Great T-shirt print on demand suppliers in 2024
We've structured the article in a way that you know what you're going to get, so for each supplier, we're going to include the following:
- The costs of a T-shirt from each supplier. So you can compare the product prices.
- An introduction of the supplier. We'll introduce the brand and why you should consider them.
- Pros and cons. In this section, we'll help you to make an informed decision about which supplier may fit your needs.
- Pricing. We'll guide you on their pricing plans.
Without further ado, let's get started!
1. Apliiq Review
Apliiq is a print on demand supplier that allows you to create custom T-shirts without worrying about printing and shipping logistics.
They use high-quality fabrics such as cotton, polyester, or blends of both to print their custom T-shirts.
To customize your design, you can opt for screen printing embroidery, each offering its own benefits.
If you want to further strengthen your branding, Apliiq even offers custom woven labels, printed labels, and hang tags.
Note: What we liked about them is that they go through the entire printing process in half an hour video, explaining it step-by-step; you can learn more about it here.
At a glance, their main T-shirt menu doesn't help the user navigate easily; for example, they could add the 'sort by' feature that allows the user to filter the merchandise by size, price, popularity, etc.
That said, once you're inside the individual T-shirt page, the overall description is very detailed, which enhances the user experience. Also, Apliiq ships its products from its facility in Los Angeles, California, USA.
They ship to countries all over the world, but it's important to note that international shipping may take longer and may be subject to additional fees such as customs and import taxes.
The competition, in this sense, does a little better; for example, Printful will ship its products from the nearest location, which helps to reduce shipping costs and time.
- Bulk discounts. This is a great option for those looking to buy in bulk. Apliiq offers discounts of up to 25% when you order more than 10 pieces, so the more you buy, the cheaper it gets.
- Contact. They offer many ways to contact them, including live chat, phone calls, and email; this should be taken seriously since many companies only offer email or live chat.
- Label options. Apliiq allows users to add custom labels to their T-shirts, which is great for those looking to add a more professional touch and reinforce their branding.
- No returns. It's disappointing that they don't accept returns, as it would be nice to have this option if something doesn't turn out how you expected.
- Longer shipping times. Because Apliiq prints each T-shirt design to order, shipping times may be longer than other companies with pre-made stock on hand; also, they only ship from the US, which can be a disadvantage if you are based in another country.
By far, they're one of the cheapest print on demand T-shirt suppliers; if you live in the US, a T-shirt costs around $5.49, which is highly reasonable.
For international delivery, it's slightly more expensive at $7.95.
2. Printful Review
Printful is a famous print on demand company known for its T-shirt printing services.
They offer a variety of T-shirt styles, colors, and sizes to which users can add custom designs or logos.
Printful uses high-quality materials and advanced printing technology to ensure that each shirt is printed with long-lasting, vibrant colors.
They offer a range of printing techniques, including screen printing, direct-to-film printing, all-over printing, and embroidery.
- Great integration overview page. They've got one of the best integration overview pages we've ever seen. It's really easy to understand, and it clearly shows what each ecommerce platform integration offers.
- T-shirt description. For each of their T-shirts, they provide detailed descriptions, which sets them apart from the competition; they almost make you feel like you are wearing the T-shirt.
- Sample orders. If you're considering opening a T-shirt print on demand shop, they offer an awesome sample order feature. You can simply select the T-shirt type, design it, and place an order (with a 20% discount) to test it out before ordering in bulk.
- Customer service. Printful also has a great customer service team; you can reach out through the live chat. This is a feature that TPOP and Printify don't offer, so do consider it since it can be a great help.
- Store inventory. Although they have fulfillment centers worldwide, bear in mind that if you need to scale up your business and store your inventory, they only have facilities across Europe and America; therefore, shipping times can be affected due to the distance.
- Designs. Printful offers a wide variety of T-shirt designs, but they don't offer any pre-made design library (like Zazzle does) beyond what's available on their platform. That means if you want something really unique, you'll have to work with a designer outside of Printful to create it.
They tend to be cheaper than Printify and Zazzle; their most affordable T-shirt is $6.95 compared to Printify's $7.09 or Zazzle's $15.08.
We know that the difference may be thin, but hey, if you sell in bulk, it can make the difference!
For more information about Printful's pricing plans, check out our other article here!
3. Printify Review
Printify is a leading print on demand platform that offers high-quality products from trusted manufacturers, powerful design tools, and integrations with popular ecommerce platforms like Shopify and Etsy.
Their website design allows for easy customization of different types of apparel, including T-shirts.
They offer a variety of customization options, including the use of AI to help design T-shirts.
Some of the most popular T-shirt materials offered by Printify include:
- 100% cotton. This classic T-shirt material is soft, breathable, and comfortable to wear. It is also durable and easy to care for.
- Tri-blend. This material is a blend of cotton, polyester, and rayon, which creates a soft and lightweight fabric that drapes well and has a vintage look.
- Polyester. This material is known for its moisture-wicking and quick-drying properties, making it a popular choice for athletic and performance wear.
- Ring-spun cotton. This high-quality cotton material is spun to create a smoother and firmer yarn, resulting in a softer and more durable T-shirt.
- Organic cotton. This material is grown without pesticides and other harmful chemicals, making it an eco-friendly and sustainable choice for T-shirts.
Printify offers many more T-shirt materials, each with its own unique characteristics and benefits, allowing users to create custom T-shirts that meet their specific needs and preferences.
- Easy to use. The platform is user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it simple for anyone to create and sell their own custom products.
- Integration with popular ecommerce platforms. Printify integrates seamlessly with popular ecommerce platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, and Etsy, making setting up your online store easy.
- High-quality printing. Printify uses high-quality printing technology to ensure that your designs are printed accurately and with vibrant colors.
- Subscription. If you need to print T-shirts at scale, this may be for someone else since they have a subscription plan rather than a 'pay as you go' model.
- Customer support. Unfortunately, Printify doesn't offer customer phone support. Their customer support is limited to email and chat support.
- Middle man. Because Printify is a middleman between you and the printing factory, sometimes there is a communication gap, which can lead to delays in delivery and other problems that you could avoid if ordered straight from the factory.
Printify offers a free plan as well as three paid plans.
Although their pricing varies depending on your plan and order quantity, they generally offer competitive prices for custom T-shirt printing.
To explain this further, here are the pricing details for each plan:
- Free Plan $0/month. This plan includes access to all of Printify's products, unlimited product designs, and two stores.
- Premium Plan $29/month. This plan includes everything in the free plan, as well as access to discounted product prices, up to ten stores, and custom order import.
- Enterprise Plan custom pricing. This plan is designed for high-volume businesses and includes everything in the Premium plan, as well as dedicated account management, API access, and higher product discounts.
Now, the cheapest price for a single T-shirt starts at $7.09, which is okay considering the quality of their products.
Speaking of quality, they've got a 4.8-star rating on Trustpilot, so this metric should give you even more confidence in their services.
For more information about Printify's pricing plans, check out our other article here!
4. TPOP Review
TPOP specializes in printing custom designs on T-shirts, making them a great choice for businesses, organizations, and individuals seeking unique and personalized T-shirts.
They have a 'plastic sucks' policy that reflects their commitment to delivering sustainable and eco-friendly products. They offer various printing options, including screen printing, digital printing, and sublimation printing.
- Environmentally friendly. TPOP is committed to providing sustainable and eco-friendly products by avoiding the use of plastic packaging.
- Fast shipping. They ship all orders within 48 hours, so you won’t have to wait too long for them to arrive.
- While label. They will insert your logo into the package as well as in the T-shirts so you can rest assured if you're selling a product, it will arrive at your customer's door as if it were your own manufactured product.
- Limited customization options. While TPOP's platform is easy to use, it offers fewer customization options than some other print on demand companies.
- Store builder. Some users complained about the store builder functionality on Trustpilot. However, give it a try and see it for yourself.
In terms of pricing, TPOP print on demand is known for offering competitive rates without compromising on quality.
In fact, they are some of the most competitive T-shirt printing companies available.
Let's quickly break down the TPOP's pricing plans:
- Free. This plan is free to join and allows you to create 100 designs, automatic delivery calculations, and one store integration (included); it's basic but essential if you aren't looking for anything too fancy.
- More. With more plans, you'll get access to a store in two languages, a multicurrency feature, over 1,000 product designs, and an online chat to address potential customer issues that may arise for only EUR 30 per month, a bargain, right?
- Pro. Lastly, the pro plan costs EUR 70 per month and includes all the top-notch features of a respectful pro plan: unlimited product design creation, three-store integration, five languages supported stores, and dedicated support.
Now, their T-shirts aren't the cheapest in the market; we've found the entry-level T-shirt to be priced at $12.20.
You'll be the judge here; at the end of the day, we're talking about a simple T-shirt, so once you add the design, they can significantly increase the price.
5. Zazzle Review
Zazzle is an online marketplace that offers customizable products, including clothing, accessories, and home decor. They are known for their print on demand services, including T-shirt printing.
Customers can choose from a variety of T-shirt styles, sizes, and colors and customize the design using Zazzle's online tool, which includes pre-designed templates.
Zazzle uses a direct-to-garment printing process that results in a long-lasting and vibrant print.
While they don't offer white label or store integration, creators can monetize their content or creative services through the platform. Zazzle also has a pre-made design library for those who could be better at design.
- Website design. The website design is user-friendly, making it easy to navigate, ultimately leading to a great user experience. While testing the website, we've found the editor to be awesome regarding the ease of use.
- High-quality printing. Zazzle is known for its high-quality printing, which ensures your designs look vibrant and professional.
- Pre-made library. It is a great feature filled with various styles, from sarcastic to shy and introverted; they have it all.
- No store integration. Unfortunately, they don't offer any store integration, so you won't be able to sell T-shirts. However, you can still take advantage of their platform as a creator.
- Price. Zazzle T-shirt prices are higher than other platforms, such as Printify, which can be challenging for people with tight budgets.
- Customers reviews. Zazzle is a huge company, so in our Trustpilot review search, we couldn't find any reviews from customers that specifically mentioned their T-shirt printing service as a whole, but more of a general complaint about products; if you want to dive deeper, check it out here.
They aren't cheap per T-shirt (on average), but they have a great product, and you can be sure of its quality.
Now, while sorting by low to high, we've found that the cheapest T-shirt at the moment of our checks is $14.22 with a 25% discount, so without it, you'd be paying $18.95.
There is a huge difference compared to the $6.81 of Printify; remember, we're talking about a simple T-shirt without design because the price will vary greatly.
6. Inkthreadable Review
The next supplier on our list is Inkthreadable.
It is a UK-based print on demand company that offers customizable products for businesses and individuals to sell online.
They use water-based vegan inks, making them an excellent choice for eco-friendly shoppers.
Inkthreadable's commitment to sustainability is impressive, and they offer order tracking through integrated services like Royal Mail and DPD.
- Range of printing techniques. Inkthreadable offers a range of printing techniques, including screen printing, direct-to-garment printing, and embroidery, to ensure that users can create the perfect look for their brand or business.
- There is no minimum order quantity. Inkthreadable has no minimum order quantity for T-shirts, which means that users can order as many or as few products as they need.
- Wide range of T-shirt styles. Inkthreadable offers a wide range of T-shirt styles, including standard, fitted, and long-sleeve T-shirts, to cater to different audiences.
- Pricing structure. Their pricing could be simplified; nowadays, people don't have the time to go through complicated pricing structures. For instance, they could have done three pricing instead of five, and if you make orders up to £1,500, you'll need to reach out to their customer support representative, so keep that in mind.
- Higher prices. Inkthreadable's T-shirt prices are generally higher than other print on demand services, such as Printful. On average, their T-shirts cost around £8.09.
- Location. Inkthreadable is based in the UK, which means that shipping times and costs may be higher for users outside of Europe.
Their cheapest T-shirt cost around £8.09, which is above the average compared to the other print on demand suppliers.
However, if you're looking for a more eco-friendly option and are okay with spending the extra money, Inkthreadable is an excellent choice.
Also, even though there are many online currency converters, one thing they could add, since they're selling globally, is an integrated currency converter, since some internet users may find it doubting purchasing from a site with a different currency.
7. Spreadshirt Review
Spreadshirt is a Germany-based company with production and fulfillment centers worldwide.
The location of the center used depends on the shipping destination and product availability, with the closest center selected to minimize shipping times and costs.
Spreadshirt has a great user interface for customizing and uploading designs and a well-stocked design shop for those without design expertise. They have excellent feedback on Trustpilot, with most customers giving them five stars.
- Easy-to-use platform. Spreadshirt's platform is user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it easy for users to create and customize their T-shirts.
- Store integration. If you have a store, you can easily integrate it through their third-party app, SPOD; you can learn more about it here.
- Plenty of ready-made designs. When you're ready to create your custom T-shirt, you'll have many options, including uploading your design, writing a text with the editor, or using their design library location.
- Higher prices. Expect to pay more for Spreadshirt's T-shirts than other print on demand suppliers. Their cheapest T-shirt costs around £13.25, significantly higher than other providers' average price.
- Shipping costs. Depending on where you're shipping your orders to, there may be an additional cost and longer shipping times; we've paid for this T-shirt $27.49 with shipping included, and almost a month to get this T-shirt with a standard delivery.
Their cheapest T-shirt is $9.99, which isn't the most affordable option if you want to make print on demand a long-lasting business.
However, bear in mind that German companies usually offer quality, and that's what you're paying for.
8. Art of Where Review
Art of Where offers a great T-shirt print on demand service with a wide range of styles, colors, and sizes to choose from.
Their T-shirts are made from high-quality materials and printed using a sublimation technique, resulting in a long-lasting design.
They offer all-over printing and custom labels for a professional touch.
- Custom label options. Art of Where offers label options for their T-shirts, allowing users to add custom labels for a professional touch and to reinforce their brand identity.
- Customer support. If you have any issue with your order, Art of Where offers direct phone call customer support, which is something that is slowly disappearing with the advancement of technology, so big thumbs up to them.
- Sample packs. If you want to test their products before committing to make a purchase, they offer this nice service so that you can check and feel their materials before deciding to buy.
- Non-refundable. It's a shame they don't offer a refund; while we understand that custom products cannot be resold, giving at least some sort of guarantee would be nice. They claim to evaluate the issue case by case, which is a little unpractical.
- Expensive. They have some of the most expensive T-shirts on the market, with prices ranging from $15 to $22 depending on the style and size.
- Store app. If you plan on using this print on demand service to build a business around, be aware that the app doesn't have the best reviews, and it could be a source of frustration.
We can only emphasize that they are more expensive than other suppliers, with their cheapest T-shirt costing $15.
On the flip side, you will be getting a high-quality product that may be worth the money.
9. SPOD Review
SPOD is the creator of an app used to link print on demand stores. The name SPOD stands for Spreadshirt print on demand, which is the same company mentioned earlier.
Launched in 2019, SPOD focuses on print on demand fulfillment for third-party ecommerce platforms like Shopify and WooCommerce.
While Spreadshirt offers a wider range of products and customization options, SPOD is specifically designed for those selling custom T-shirts and apparel items online.
So, the main difference between the two companies is that SPOD is mainly built for Shopify end users to sell T-shirts (or even other products).
- Easy integration. They made it easy to integrate your store as long as you have one of the supported ecommerce platforms. SPOD will take care of the rest as soon as your store is ready.
- Automated fulfillment. SPOD automatically fulfills orders placed in your store within 48 hours to ensure smooth and fast delivery.
- App and customer support. Considering Spreadshirt backs them, SPOD isn't doing well on reviews; people aren't pleased with the customer service and the overall app performance, so you may want to consider this.
- File upload. The maximum file upload is 10MB, which is less than their competitor Printful, currently at 100MB
- Shipping. They only ship from the US and Europe, so if you reside outside these regions, you may experience delays.
You'd pay $8.18 for a basic T-shirt, which is cheaper than Spreadshirt (currently at $9.99) but more expensive than Apliiq, which sells its base T-shirt at $5.49.
Other great print on demand suppliers
Are you still doubting about this above list? If so, why don't you check the list below? We've got even more suppliers that will definitely get your attention.
Check out the lists below for more print on demand suppliers:
- 12 Best Eco-Friendly Print on Demand Suppliers in 2024
- 14 Best Print on Demand Suppliers in Europe (Free & Paid)
- 15 Best Print on Demand Companies and Suppliers in 2024
- 14 Best US Print on Demand Suppliers in 2024 (Fast Shipping)
- Gelato Review: Is it the Best Print on Demand Supplier of 2024
Before we go to the final verdict, we've created a quick summary of this article for you so you can easily remember it:
- Consider factors such as where the supplier ships from and if it has more shipping locations across the world.
- Check the quality of the product by asking the supplier to send you samples; on average, most of the suppliers on this list offer industry-standard T-shirt materials such as cotton and polyester.
- If you plan on selling T-shirts, try to come up with a marketing angle to stand out from the competition; for example, use organic T-shirts as a leverage marketing selling point.
We've listed the nine best T-shirt print on demand suppliers to help you choose the right one for your business.
But which one of them is the best?
Final verdict: If your goal is to sell T-shirts within the US, then Apliiq is the best print on demand supplier because it is the cheapest and still offers industry-standard quality.
But if you're looking to sell internationally, then Printful does better because they have fulfillment centers across the globe; therefore, shipping T-shirts will be way faster.
If you are still not sure, here is the table to help you compare each supplier:
|Average pricing (excluding shipping)
|5 business days
|2 to 5 business days
|2 to 7 business days
|2 to 4 business days
|4 to 7 business days
|7 business days
|5 business days
|Art of Where
|14 business days
|3 business days
Remember that the quality of a product is also determined by how well it is printed, so make sure you ask each supplier to send samples before deciding.
We hope this article has been helpful in guiding you through your search process, and thank you for reading!
Want to learn more about POD?
Ready to move your print on demand store to the next level? Check out the articles below:
- 8 Best Ecommerce Platforms for Print on Demand in 2024
- How to Pick the Right Niche for Your Print on Demand Store
- 8 Best Unlimited Design Services for Print on Demand (2024)
Plus, don’t forget to check out our in-depth how to start a print on demand business guide here!