In print on demand, staying ahead of the curve means embracing the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI).
Among the available tools, AI image generators have truly revolutionized the game when it comes to creating visuals. These AI tools can turn your ideas into images with just a simple prompt.
And the best part? You don't have to search far and wide for these tools.
We've compiled a list of the top eight AI tools for print on demand, with a special focus on these AI image generators that are shaking up the industry.
So, let’s dive right in!
The best print on demand AI tools: An overview
Before we begin, here is an overview of all the best print on demand AI tools:
|Tool||Best for||Price per month||Review|
|DALL-E 2||Easy to use||Starts at $15||DALL-E 2 Review|
|Printify||Print on demand||Free / $25 / Custom||Printify Review|
|Jasper Art||Image generation with content||$39||Jasper Art Review|
|Canva||Editing images||Free / $15/ $30||Canva Review|
|MidJourney||Realistic AI images||Starts at $10||MidJourney Review|
|TinyWow||Multipurpose tool||Free||TinyWow Review|
|DreamStudio||More control||Starts at $10||DreamStudio Review|
|Adobe Firefly||Adobe users and designers||Free||Adobe Firefly Review|
Why should you use a print on demand AI tool?
With a print on demand store, you only have control over your designs, website, marketing, and customer service, as printing and shipping are outsourced.
Now, what if you could reduce your workload even further? Not only that, but you'd also save tons of money in the process.
That's where AI tools come into play. They are like supercharged experts, trained on vast datasets tailored to their specific tasks.
Take, for instance, an AI image generator, which has been trained on millions of internet images. When you feed it a prompt to create an image, it taps into its extensive knowledge and produces stunning visuals.
The best part? It happens in seconds. Compare that to hiring a designer who may charge more and take longer to deliver results. The difference in cost and speed is quite significant.
So why not use these AI tools to make your print on demand store more efficient and cost-effective?
How do you pick the right print on demand AI tool?
Before we get into the best print on demand AI tools list, you need to clearly understand your expectations from the tool.
Here are some questions to consider before selecting a print on demand AI tool:
- Does a free trial or account matter to you?
- What's your monthly budget for the tool?
- What style of AI art do you want to create?
- Is there dedicated support for technical issues or questions?
- Is the dashboard attractive and user-friendly?
The 8 best print on demand AI tools
Below are the best print on demand AI tools!
For each tool, we'll provide:
- A breakdown of their pros and cons to give you a clear overview.
- Current pricing information.
- A link to the website.
These print on demand AI tools primarily focus on AI image generation and AI art creation. This is because there are many POD solutions out there that will help you with printing and shipping.
Toward the end of this article, we will include all the essential tools for your POD store. But for now, let’s learn more about print on demand AI tools.
Are you ready to see the first tool?
If so, let's get started!
1. DALL-E 2 Review
Best print on demand AI tool: Easy to use
This latest version of DALL-E operates on a credit system. That means you've got to buy some credits before you can start using it.
Using DALL-E 2 is pretty simple. Just type in your initial prompt and hit ‘Generate,' or opt for a random choice with ‘Surprise me.'
In seconds, you'll have four AI-generated options at your fingertips!
DALL-E 2 can do the following:
- Create art from text descriptions.
- Expand images beyond their original canvas.
- Make realistic edits to existing images, like removing shadows or adding elements.
- Generate variations inspired by the original.
- DALL-E 2 API. You can seamlessly integrate DALL-E into your workflows, connecting it with thousands of other apps through Zapier. For instance, you can create images based on Discord messages and send them back to Discord.
- Multiple images per prompt. DALL-E produces four images for each prompt, offering versatility and choice.
- Easy editing. Its built-in editor simplifies image customization with tools like an eraser, image uploader, and generation frame.
- No free trial. DALL-E 2 doesn’t have a free trial option. You have to pay at least $15 to get started.
- Sign up. Signing up for DALL-E involves filling out a form with your information and waiting for OpenAI to send you an invitation after review.
- Specify styles. If you want your images to match particular art styles, like pop art or abstract art, you'll need to include these preferences in your prompt since there's no direct style selection available.
115 credits cost $15, where one credit is equal to one prompt with four options. There is no free trial option.
2. Printify Review
Best print on demand AI tool: For dropshippers who want AI art products without the production and shipping hassles.
Wouldn't it be awesome to have a print on demand solution that also has an AI image generator?
That's where Printify helps you out!
Printify doesn't handle printing in-house; instead, it connects you with local printing partners who take care of production and shipping on your behalf.
This way, you can use multiple suppliers simultaneously and even at different locations when fulfilling your POD orders.
What sets Printify apart is its AI Image Generator, which is seamlessly integrated with the existing Mockup Generator tool.
This AI tool offers 13 distinct styles, such as Anime or Cinematic, and provides four variations for you to choose from.
Once you've made your selection, it optimizes the image's resolution for printing and applies it to the product.
You can use the AI Image Generator up to 15 times daily, with this limit resetting every 24 hours. Although currently in beta and available to select merchants, Printify has plans to make this feature accessible to all users soon.
- Automatic upscaling. By default, generated images have a resolution of 512 × 512 pixels. If your designs require higher resolution, Printify automatically scales them up to meet production requirements.
- Supported integrations. Printify seamlessly integrates with popular platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Wix, and more, backed by a Printify API.
- Style selection. Simply provide a detailed prompt, choose from the available 13 styles, and preview how the art appears on various products, such as bags or canvases.
- Free images. The AI Image Generator is free to use at the moment!
- Less editing options. Currently, there are only minimal editing options available. However, as the tool continues to roll out, we may see expanded editing features in the future.
Printify offers three pricing plans based on the number of stores you operate.
Here’s the best part. Printify's AI Image Generator is free to use! You only pay for your monthly plan (if any), printing, and shipping.
3. Jasper Art Review
Best print on demand AI tool: For content creation and image generation
So you don't just get a content creation tool; you also get an AI image generator bundled in!
Jasper Art is powered by DALL-E 2, so you can expect realistic and visually appealing images.
The good part about using Jasper Art is you don't always have to write a detailed prompt. Alongside your prompt, you can pick a style, medium, mood, and keywords.
And if you're curious to dive even deeper, we have a detailed Jasper Art review waiting for you to explore.
- Speedy creation. Click the ‘Create' button, and Jasper Art swiftly generates four images in approximately five seconds – that's nearly one image per second!
- Diverse styles and options. Whether you want a cartoon style, a Renaissance style, or a 3D artwork, Jasper Art can create it for you.
- Free trial. You get a 7-day free trial where you can generate 200 images with 2K high resolution at no cost.
- No editing. You can’t edit images and can only download them. Other DALL-E features, like importing existing images, are also missing.
- Challenges with words and faces. Like most newly released AI tools, Jasper Art might have a few hiccups, especially when handling images with text or faces.
Jasper Art functions as an add-on to the Jasper AI copywriting tool. To get your hands on Jasper Art, you must first sign up for Jasper itself.
Currently, the starting price for Jasper Art is $39 per month, giving you unlimited image generation as part of the package.
4. Canva Review
Best print on demand AI tool: For editing images.
Canva is the go-to tool for image creation that is used to generate visual content like banners, social media posts, and product images.
Dropshippers and marketers love Canva because it has tons of free templates and graphics. This saves you a lot of money you'd spend on hiring designers.
But that's not all. Canva introduced its free text-to-image feature in November 2022:
This feature allows you to not only request Canva AI to generate images from simple prompts but also helps you make further changes using their editor.
The editor comes with some handy tools, including:
- Magic Edit. Just brush over a part of an image and type to add any element.
- Magic Eraser. Remove people and objects from images by brushing over them.
- Magic Design. Upload your media, and watch AI transform it into custom designs tailored to your needs.
- Editing features. Canva has exceptional editing tools, a feature lacking in many other AI image generators on this list. This eliminates the need to switch to a separate editing platform.
- Free use. You can enjoy Canva for free forever. The AI art tool lets free users have up to 50 lifetime queries. But if you're a paid user, you get up to 500 queries per user per month.
- Multi-purpose. You can use Canva for creating product images, social media posts, flyers, etc.
- Too simple. Canva's AI output tends to be more basic compared to other AI art tools in this list. If you want more intricate or detailed AI art, alternatives like DALL-E 2 or MidJourney may be more suitable.
Canva follows a freemium business model, offering Free, Pro, and Enterprise plans to cater to various needs:
5. MidJourney Review
Best print on demand AI tool: For creating realistic results
MidJourney is one of the best AI art tools that you can use for your print on demand store!
It creates images that look more put-together, with better textures and colors. In simple terms, the results are eye-catching and look natural, especially when it comes to people and real-world objects.
But there's a catch: You can only use it on Discord.
Once you're in MidJourney's Discord server, you can type ‘/imagine [your prompt]' to get four versions of your request, ready for download, resizing, and more.
The thing is, everything you create is shared with the public in the MidJourney Discord community.
It's a great community, but it means others can see what you're making. That might not be a big deal for artists, but it might be if you plan to use MidJourney for your business.
- Great consistency. Midjourney's ability to consistently create complex images makes it a helpful tool for designers, marketers, and business owners.
- Intricate designs. Midjourney excels in generating highly detailed and visually striking images from text prompts.
- Style adaptation. You can ask MidJourney to mimic any artist’s style or technique.
- Discord use. MidJourney can only be accessed through Discord. This means that the images you generate are automatically made public.
- No free trials. MidJourney's free trials are on hold due to high demand, although they occasionally reopen for a limited time.
MidJourney has different plans, starting at $10 monthly for the Basic Plan. This plan lets you make around 200 images monthly and get commercial usage rights.
6. TinyWow Review
Best print on demand AI tool: Free multipurpose tool
TinyWow is a free platform with over 200 online tools, including an AI image generator, AI writer, and file converter.
What's even better? It's completely free!
TinyWow earns by displaying ads on the website, but if you'd rather skip the ads, you can opt for a $5.99 monthly subscription.
And if you're worried about privacy, know that TinyWow deletes all processed and unprocessed files after just one hour.
Wondering how TinyWow can benefit your POD business? Here's how:
- Images. You can do a lot with images, like removing backgrounds, using AI to create images, upscaling, object removal, background blurring, image cleanup, colorization, and more.
- Write. TinyWow helps you with various types of writing, from blogs and stories to social media posts, purchase agreements, landing page copy, FAQs, business slogans, ads, emails, and more.
- Convert files. Need to convert documents? TinyWow has you covered from Excel to PDF, CSV to XML, XML to JSON, etc.
While TinyWow's AI tools may not be the absolute best, they still deliver good results, making it a smart choice when starting out on a tight budget.
- Free forever. TinyWow is entirely free, with no subscriptions, limits, or sign-ups required.
- Easy to use. Its intuitive user interface and overall simplicity make TinyWow easy to use.
- Various uses. TinyWOW is a comprehensive dropshipping tool for image and content creation and editing.
- No editing images. TinyWow's image generator is fairly basic. You can only download images and not edit them.
- Public content. Any images you create may be available in TinyWow's gallery for anyone to use.
TinyWow is entirely free to use without any hidden charges or limitations.
7. DreamStudio Review
Best print on demand AI tool: For sellers who want more control over AI images.
DreamStudio is a public app based on the Stable Diffusion image generation model.
In contrast to DALL-E 2 and Midjourney, Stable Diffusion is open-source. Anyone with the necessary technical skills can download and run it on their computer.
One of DreamStudio's strengths is the high level of control it offers when generating images with AI.
As you enter your prompt, you can use sliders to determine:
- The final image's size.
- How closely it matches your given prompt.
- The number of images generated, with a maximum of up to ten.
You can also choose your preferred image style and include a negative prompt to specify what you want to avoid in the final image.
- Customization. DreamStudio provides extensive customization and control over the entire AI image generation process.
- API access. It offers API access that can be integrated into your own applications or bots.
- Free trial. DreamStudio offers a free trial with 25 credits.
- Learning curve. DreamStudio has a steeper learning curve compared to some other AI art generators, and its editing tools may not be as intuitive.
DreamStudio operates on a credit system. Upon sign-up, you receive 25 free credits, which are sufficient for approximately 30 prompts or 120 images using default settings.
Afterward, you can purchase more credits, starting at $10 for 1,000 credits.
8. Adobe Firefly Review
Best print on demand AI tool: For Adobe users and designers
Everyone knows Adobe. Its industry-standard software, like Photoshop and Illustrator, has been indispensable for graphic designers, photographers, and creatives for over a decade.
Adobe's AI model, called Firefly, is currently in beta.
You can try it out for free on the web or through Adobe Express, but it works best in the latest Photoshop beta.
Besides generating images from a text prompt, it can:
- Add or remove elements with a prompt.
- Create text effects from written prompts.
- Recolor vector artwork.
- Extend the image and change the aspect ratio with a single click.
One standout feature is Generative Fill. You can use Photoshop's regular tools to select an area of your image and, with a simple click and a prompt, replace it with something else.
- Ethical. Firefly stands out from most AI tools by exclusively using licensed images and public domain content.
- Still in beta. While Adobe Firefly's results may not match MidJourney or Dall-E, it's still in beta. For beta testing, the results are impressive, suggesting even better outcomes in the future.
- Struggles with humans. Like many AI image generators, Adobe Firefly faces challenges when creating realistic human and animal images.
- Need to use Adobe products. Currently in beta and available online for free, Firefly will likely require Photoshop once it goes commercial. Photoshop is available for $19.99/month as part of the Creative Cloud Photography Plan.
Adobe Firefly is free on their website; you just need to sign up. However, pricing may change when it transitions from beta to a commercial product.
Additional print on demand AI tools
There are several other noteworthy print on demand AI tools that didn't make it onto our best list.
Let's take a look at them:
- Vexels. This end-to-end POD solution offers a daily dose of amazing graphics. It features an AI quote generator that crafts unique quotes tailored to specific niches or products.
- Kittl. An online graphic design platform with AI tools like product backgrounds, image generators, and background removers.
- Neural Love. An AI art generator that leverages neural networks to create high-quality and realistic images.
- PatternedAI. This AI tool specializes in generating unique patterns that you can use for your products.
- NightCafe. An AI art tool designed to transform real-life photos into captivating artistic masterpieces.
- Bing Image Creator. A free AI art generator that provides basic results, accessible through Bing Chat.
- Fotor. Widely used as an online photo editor by millions worldwide, Fotor has recently introduced an AI image generator.
- Dream by WOMBO. An AI art generator with a mobile app and multiple templates, delivering realistic renditions for your creative projects.
Print on demand AI tools: FAQs
If you have more questions, take a look at these FAQs:
Which AI generators are free?
Some AI generators offer limited free trials, while others, like TinyWow, Bing Image Creator, Canva, provide free access to their tools.
Is it legal to use AI images for print on demand?
Yes, using AI-generated images for print on demand is legal as long as you have the appropriate rights to the source content. To be on the safer side, make some edits or generate variations to the existing AI images.
Before we reach a conclusion, here's a brief recap of this article to help you retain the information easily:
- DALL-E 2, MidJourney, and DreamStudio are leading AI art tools.
- Printify offers a full POD solution, including an AI image generator.
- Canva excels in image editing, though its image generator has room for improvement.
- TinyWow is a versatile tool for AI image creation, content writing, and file conversion.
- Jasper, an AI copywriting tool, includes an AI image generator called Jasper Art.
Related Artificial Intelligence articles
Interested in taking your print on demand store to the next level?
Don't forget to check out our other AI-related articles:
- 14 Best Dropshipping AI Tools in 2023 (Free & Paid)
- GPT-4 for Ecommerce: What You Should Know in 2023
- Dropshipping Copilot: How to Use This AI AliExpress Tool
- 13 Best AI Copywriting Tools for Dropshipping (Free & Paid)
- Dropshipping With ChatGPT: 18 Ways It Can Help Your Store
I hope you've discovered some fantastic print on demand AI tools for your store!
Have a great day!
Want to learn more about POD?
Ready to move your print on demand store to the next level? Check out the articles below:
- The 19 Best Selling Print on Demand Products in 2023
- How to Pick the Right Niche for Your Print on Demand Store
- 8 Best Unlimited Design Services for Print on Demand (2023)
Plus, don’t forget to check out our in-depth how to start a print on demand business guide here!