Shopify is one of the best platforms out there for creating an online store.
They currently offer a fantastic deal that you don’t want to miss out on; a free 3-day trial + pay only $1/month for your first 3 months.
But when your Shopify trial expires, what happens to your store? Do they delete it?
When your Shopify trial ends and you didn’t select a pricing plan yet, your account will be paused automatically. If you did select a pricing plan and your trial ends, you will continue paying the regular price for Shopify. So, Shopify will not delete your store after your trial ends, and your work will not be lost.
In this article, we’ll explore how to make the most out of your Shopify trial and what happens exactly when it expires.
Keen on reading to find out!
Tip: Did you create your Shopify account already? If not, sign up by clicking this link here to get a free 3-day trial + pay $1/month for the first 3 months!
How does Shopify’s trial work in 2023?
If you want to start a Shopify store in 2023, you can save a fair bit of money on your Shopify costs by using Shopify’s new trial deal.
But how does it work exactly?
Actually, it’s quite simple!
Here’s the deal:
You get a completely free trial for 3 days, and once it ends, you pay only $1 per month for your first 3 months.
And here’s an overview of how the deal works step-by-step (as well as some ‘small letters’):
- To sign up, you must create a new Shopify account. (The deal is not for existing Shopify stores.)
- During the sign-up process, you won’t have to enter any payment details yet.
- You will start with a free 3-day trial.
- During this 3-day trial, the checkout on your store will be disabled until you pick a pricing plan.
- When the 3-day trial ends, your account will be paused, and you will be required to pick a pricing plan and add a credit card for billing.
- Once the paid trial ($1/month for 3 months) starts, you will have access to all features, including the checkout!
- After 3 months, you will have to pay the regular price for the Shopify pricing plan that you picked.
For more information about this Shopify deal, you can also check out this page on our blog!
What happens when your Shopify trial ends?
Let’s focus a bit more on the question you came here for:
What happens when your Shopify trial ends?
First of all, we have to remember that there are two types of trials included in Shopify’s deal for 2023:
- The free trial. Use Shopify (without the checkout feature) for free during the first 3 days.
- The paid trial. Use Shopify (including all features of the standard plan that you picked) for $1 per month during the first 3 months.
So, here’s what happens when your free Shopify trial ends:
When your free Shopify trial ends, your account will be paused until you’ve picked a pricing plan and added your billing details. You will not lose any work you completed on your store, and your store will not be deleted.
Consequently, here’s what happens when your paid Shopify trial ends:
When your paid Shopify trial ends, nothing will change except the price you pay for Shopify. Instead of $1 per month, you will pay the regular price for the Shopify plan that you picked.
We hope this is clear, but if you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us!
How do you sign up for Shopify’s trial?
As you can see, Shopify’s deal for 2023 is an amazing one, and there aren’t many (if any) downsides to it!
So, if you’re excited now about starting a Shopify store, here is an easy overview of how you can sign up.
Reminder: This Shopify deal only works if you create a new Shopify account.
This means that if you’re already a Shopify user, the Shopify deal is not shown on your Shopify dashboard (since, as mentioned above, this is only for new accounts).
So, to create a new Shopify account and use this deal, simply go to our landing page here!
Once on our landing page, you’ll see a banner in the header that explains how you can start a free trial (for 3 days) and sign up for a plan that’s only $1 per month for the first 3 months.
Simply sign-up via that banner, and you will have the opportunity to get this deal!
How do you get the most out of the free Shopify trial?
The free Shopify trial is a great way to get started with your online store.
You can create your Shopify account, design your store, and add products without spending any money.
However, the free part of the trial only lasts for 3 days, so it’s important to make the most of it.
Here are a few tips for getting the most out of the free Shopify trial:
- You can do a lot of preparation before starting the trial. There’s a lot you can do to prepare before starting a Shopify store. Think about coming up with a product idea, choosing a fulfillment method, or finding a supplier. Doing these things beforehand will allow you to focus entirely on Shopify during your free trial!
- Explore the Shopify Theme Store and Shopify App Store. Shopify offers several high-quality themes that you can use to create your store. On the app store, you will also find some great third-party apps that allow you to add more features to your store.
- Familiarize yourself. Check out all navigation items of the Shopify dashboard, as well as all the settings you will have for your Shopify store (taxes, shipping, etc.).
- Add your products. Once you’ve set up your store, it’s time to add your products. You can do this by creating product listings in the Shopify admin panel. Be sure to include high-quality photos and descriptions to give customers an idea of what they’re buying.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to make the most of your Shopify trial and set yourself up for success when you launch your store.
What are the next steps to start your Shopify store?
Loved this deal from Shopify, but not sure what to do after you signed up?
We have you covered!
Check out our complete guide here on how to start a Shopify store.
This ultimate guide will walk you through everything you need to know about starting a Shopify store from scratch.
It goes over the following steps of starting a Shopify store:
- Come up with your product idea
- Choose a fulfillment method
- Pick a Shopify plan
- Find a supplier
- Define your ideal target audience
- Design and brand your Shopify store
- Install the right Shopify apps
- Set up your payment gateways
- Choose a marketing method that fits you and start advertising!
How do you cancel your Shopify account during the trial?
If you’ve decided that it’s not (yet) the right time for you to start a Shopify store, don’t worry.
Canceling your Shopify account is straightforward:
- If you’re still on your 3-day free trial and haven’t selected a pricing plan yet: Your Shopify account will be canceled automatically after your free trial ends, and you don’t need to take any action.
- If you have selected a pricing plan already: You need to manually pause or deactivate your store to cancel your account.
Before we go to the final verdict, we’ve created a quick summary of this article for you, so you can easily remember it:
- Shopify offers an amazing deal of a free 3-day trial + pay only $1/month for your first 3 months.
- When the free trial ends, Shopify will not delete your store. Your account will just be paused until you pick a pricing plan and add billing details.
- To sign up for this deal, go to our Shopify landing page and sign up via the banner.
- Get the most out of your free trial by preparing beforehand, exploring Shopify’s Theme Store and App Store, and adding products to your store with high-quality photos and descriptions.
Shopify’s free trial is a great way to get started with ecommerce.
The free part of the trial allows you to explore the features and functionality of Shopify without having to commit to a paid plan.
Then, on the paid part of the trial, you can set up your store and start selling on Shopify for only $1 per month for the first 3 months!
You have not much to lose and everything to gain. Not only will you get a feel for how Shopify works, but you’ll also be able to start building your store and adding products.
So what are you waiting for? Sign up now and take advantage of Shopify’s amazing trial offer!
Want to learn more about Shopify?
Ready to move your Shopify store to the next level? Check out the articles below:
- The 7 Best Shopify Webinars in 2023
- Shopify vs. Amazon: Which Platform Is Better for You?
- The 15 Best Dropshipping Suppliers for Shopify Stores (2023)
Plus, don’t forget to check out our in-depth how to start a Shopify store guide here!