If you've started a business on Shopify or are contemplating doing so, chances are you want to expand your knowledge.
Yet, as you start researching courses, you may observe that many come with a substantial price tag.
But here's a little secret – there are many free Shopify courses waiting to be discovered.
Yes, you heard that right!
This article will guide you through ten of the best ones.
Are you ready for the others?
10 Best free Shopify courses
With each course platform, we'll tell you about its unique benefits, how it differs from others, and two of the best courses.
Here are the best free courses you can take to learn more about Shopify!
Shopify Learn is the course platform that Shopify created to teach you all about how you can successfully start and scale your Shopify business.
A professional teaches each course within the particular niche you are learning about, so you get to learn from their experience, too.
Let's look at some of the courses picked out for you on Shopify Learn!
'Ecommerce Email Marketing 101' is a course offered on the Shopify Learn platform.
This course is around two hours long and will guide you through the processes included with email marketing for your ecommerce business.
What you'll learn:
- How to nurture relationships with your customers through email marketing.
- You'll learn the processes required to set up an automated email marketing campaign.
- You will also learn how to increase your bottom line with email marketing and make it an effective marketing channel.
Related article: The 8 Best Email Marketing Services for Ecommerce in 2024
'3 Automated Emails That Will Increase Your Sales' is another email marketing course that will guide you through some of the workflows you can use for email marketing.
Some things you'll learn in this course:
- You'll learn how to create more personalized abandoned cart emails to recover more sales.
- Learn how to automate 30% of your email marketing sales with three messages.
- Welcome series email best practices to generate sales.
Udemy is a course platform that has many different course topics that you can take to help you learn new skills, such as how to boost your sales on Shopify.
Udemy provides courses about ecommerce strategies, digital marketing, and specific skills related to running a successful Shopify business.
These courses often include video lectures, quizzes, assignments, and supplementary materials to ensure a comprehensive learning experience.
Let's talk about some of the specific courses:
You will learn:
- An effective step-by-step guide to finding winning products for your store without having to test multiple products.
- You'll learn how far one dropshipping product can take your business.
- The two kinds of dropshipping products are winning products and universal products.
The next course is called 'Ecommerce 101+ How to be Successful Dropshipping on Shopify'.
This course is an excellent option for beginners looking to learn more about dropshipping with Shopify.
You will learn:
- How to get started with ecommerce, dropshipping, and setting up your Shopify website.
- How to effectively market and brand your online business.
- Some optimal pricing and shipping tactics you can apply.
- And more!
If you have any experience designing Shopify stores, you’ve most likely heard of Canva or used it at some point.
Canva is a design tool that allows you to create cool designs for things like social media profiles, logos, and websites.
Canva Design School is a platform where you can take courses to learn more about design.
You can learn how to use Canva for things such as branding your Shopify business, which is super important when it comes to creating a long-lasting ecommerce brand.
Let's discover some of the best courses on Canva's Design School:
'Social media mastery' from Canva's Design School is a course dedicated to helping you learn about the benefits social media can have for your business and how to use it properly so that you get to experience those benefits.
Some takeaways from this course:
- You will learn how to find your focus on social media, including things like what platform is best to use for your business.
- Along with finding your focus, you will discover how to master and hone your content for social media.
- Goal setting and learning about how to reach these goals on social media in order to grow your business is another possible takeaway.
'Branding your business' will help you understand how branding your business is important and why it matters for your business's long-term success.
You will then be guided through using Canva to brand your business.
You will discover:
- What a brand is, what the purpose of a brand is, and how to find the purpose of your brand.
- Why some brands are more successful than other brands.
- How to know what audience to build your brand for and how to build your branding.
Google's Digital Garage is a platform where you can take courses to learn useful skills to apply to your Shopify store.
After you've taken a course from Google, in some cases, they'll give you a certificate saying you've completed the course.
And what's better than being certified by a company as big as Google?
Here are two courses on the platform for you to take to grow your sales on Shopify!
'Build Your Online Business' is a course Google offers to help you build a successful online business.
This course covers the information and resources needed to brainstorm and start your business from scratch.
You will learn how to:
- Validate your business idea by outlining your skills or interests.
- Conduct market research and determine the best platform to sell your product or service.
- Design a flyer to promote your business and how to track your profits and metrics on a spreadsheet.
'Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce Professional Certificate' is on Coursera, but it's taught by an instructor from Google.
It covers the fundamentals of ecommerce and digital marketing and will guide you through creating an ecommerce store.
It will also show you how to analyze an ecommerce store to ensure that your business grows.
You will learn:
- The necessary skills needed to start and grow an ecommerce business.
- How to look at and measure analytics and insights to ensure that your ecommerce business is growing.
- To attract customers through digital marketing channels.
Coursera is a course platform that has over 5,800+ courses for individuals, businesses, universities, and governments.
It's trusted by over 300+ partners, including Google.
Coursera has both free and paid courses, but the ones we are talking about today are all free. All that is required is for you to sign up.
Below are some courses to help you increase your Shopify sales!
'Make the Sale: Build, Launch, and Manage E-commerce Stores' is a Coursera course similar to the last course we talked about because Google teaches it.
This course will give you a rough idea of some essential ecommerce strategies and will guide you through setting up a Shopify store.
Some things you will discover with this course:
- How to start a Shopify store.
- Some ecommerce best practices and strategies.
- How to create an engaging customer experience.
'Create your e-commerce store with Shopify' helps you learn more about how the Shopify platform works and how you can use it.
You will learn:
- How to create a store with Shopify.
- How to manage inventory on the Shopify platform.
- How to manage the orders you receive on the Shopify platform.
You've probably used Facebook at least once in your life.
And chances are that if you have used Facebook, you've seen a Facebook advertisement of some sort.
But how do you get your product advertised on Facebook?
This is where Meta Blueprint comes in!
Meta Blueprint is Facebook's platform to show you how to do things such as advertise on their site.
And since a lot of your advertising for your Shopify business will most likely be done with Facebook, we figured this would be a perfect fit for this list.
Now, let's walk through some courses that can benefit your Shopify business:
'Get started with Ads Manager' by Facebook Blueprint is a course that guides you through properly setting up Ads Manager on Facebook.
With this course, you will learn:
- It's all about what Facebook Ads Manager is and how it works.
- How to set Ads Manager up.
- How to run all of your campaigns on Facebook Ads Manager.
'Promote Your Business From Your Facebook Page' will help you start advertising directly from your Facebook page.
In this course, you will learn:
- What promoting your Facebook page is, and how it works.
- There are different ways you can promote your business right from your Facebook page.
- How to get more leads using this method and how to manage your ads.
Alison is similar to other platforms on this list.
It's a video course platform with over 4,000+ different courses about topics like dropshipping, ecommerce, and Shopify.
One unique thing about Alison is that all the courses on this platform are 100% free.
Once you've completed a course, Alison will send you a diploma or certificate to recognize that you have completed the course.
Below are some courses picked for you to help increase your Shopify sales:
'How to Start an eCommerce Business Using Shopify' will give you an overview of everything you need to know about the Shopify platform.
You will learn:
- How to set up a Shopify store, including choosing your theme, arranging items, and choosing the best marketing strategies.
- How to start a brand for your Shopify business.
- About how to do product research for your Shopify site.
'How To Build A Shopify Store Masterclass' will discuss some of the same topics as the previous course.
This course will cover the key processes needed to craft a new Shopify ecommerce store. It will also show you a few marketing strategies to get going.
A few things you could learn from this course:
- How to start a Shopify store.
- Examine how to open a new sales channel for products and how to dropship with Amazon FBA.
- How to organically boost your traffic with SEO by starting a log and setting up Google Analytics.
Even if you haven't been in the business world, you might have heard of HubSpot.
It's a CRM tool that helps you manage and retain client relationships.
But you might not know that they have a course platform called HubSpot Academy, where you can learn about all kinds of topics related to running a business and even topics related to growing your Shopify business!
One nice thing about Huspot Academy is that all the courses are 100% free, so you can learn at your own pace.
'Ecommerce Marketing Course - Essential Strategies to Drive Online Success' from Hubspot Academy will help you understand how to market your ecommerce business with an inbound marketing strategy.
So you can gain more sales and boost profits without wasting money on fruitless marketing efforts.
This course will guide you through the following things:
- How to optimize your ecommerce website to attract and engage customers.
- Learn effective ecommerce inbound marketing strategies.
- Develop best practices to enhance customer engagement.
'From Likes to Sales: Social Commerce' is a course from Hubspot Academy designed to help you sell your products on social media.
You will discover:
- Some of the components and benefits of having a strong social commerce strategy.
- How to identify the best social platform for your social commerce strategy.
- How to identify the different strategies to add to your social commerce strategy.
Great Learning is a platform similar to Coursera with free and paid options and over 1,000+ course options to choose from.
Like most of the courses on this list, the courses on Great Learning are taught in video format and are self-paced, so you can go at your own pace.
Most courses range from half an hour to around five hours, depending on the course.
You are also given a certificate of completion after you have successfully completed a course.
'Introduction to E-Commerce' covers the basics of ecommerce and all the different types of ecommerce as well as their benefits.
It also covers the evolution of ecommerce and how it has become what it is today.
In this course, you will learn:
- Aout some of the benefits and limitations of the ecommerce business model.
- The different types of ecommerce business models.
- You'll also learn the difference between traditional businesses vs. ecommerce.
In 'Facebook Business Manager,' you'll learn what Facebook Business Manager is, what it does, and how it can benefit your business.
You will learn the following things:
- You will learn all about what the Facebook Business Manager is.
- You will learn about the different campaign types so you can find the best ones for your business.
- You will also learn about how to optimize campaigns within the Facebook business manager.
10. Class Central
Class Central is the last course platform we will look at on this list.
All the courses in Class Central are free to take with an account, and all you have to do is sign up.
Here's where this platform differs from other platforms on this list: Class Central takes all the best free courses from other platforms like Udemy and Coursera and brings them to one platform so you get the best of all the different course platforms.
Class Central even takes some videos from YouTube and turns them into courses, which is the case with the courses we will look at on this list for Class Central.
So, let's take a quick look at them!
'How to Make ANY eCommerce Store in Shopify' is a YouTube video turned into a course by Class Central.
This course will guide you through the process required to build a stunning Shopify store using GemPages, which is a drag-and-drop builder.
You will learn:
- The limitations of Shopify themes and how you can get past them.
- You'll learn how to get past these limitations with GemPages.
- How to create all the different pages you need to run a successful ecommerce store.
Reading and absorbing information and knowledge is great (definitely if it’s free!), but do you know what’s even better?
So, to help you with taking action with what you have learned in this article, take a look at the bullet points:
- Choose a course. Select a course that aligns with your specific learning goals, whether it's enhancing existing skills or acquiring the knowledge necessary to kickstart your Shopify store.
- Enroll. Take the first step by signing up for a free dropshipping course. Begin watching the first lessons.
- Dive into the content. Study the material thoroughly, grasping the foundational concepts. Make a commitment to complete the course.
- Stay on track. Stick to the outlined plan, following the provided advice. Apply the insights and tips from the course to your Shopify store.
And there you have it!
These courses are an excellent starting point for expanding your understanding of Shopify and increasing your sales.
We trust that you've realized you don't need to invest hefty sums to learn more about Shopify. A wealth of free resources and courses is at your fingertips.
We hope this article has provided you with value, offering insights that perhaps were previously unknown to you.
So, what's holding you back?
Go take one of the courses and see what happens!
Want to learn more about Shopify?
Ready to move your Shopify store to the next level? Check out the articles below:
- 17 Shopify Pros and Cons (Is It Still Worth It in 2024?)
- Shopify Learn: The 15 Best Free Online Ecommerce Courses
- How Does Shopify Work? (& Is It Good for Beginners in 2024?)
Plus, don’t forget to check out our in-depth how to start a Shopify store guide here.