So you recently started an ecommerce business; that's amazing!
Learning all the ins and outs of an ecommerce business can be a difficult and strenuous task.
So you might be thinking about investing in courses and other educational material to learn more about how to properly and successfully run your business.
However, before you do, you should know that there and plenty of free resources out there for you to enhance your ecommerce knowledge!
Shopify Learn is one of these great free platforms available for all online entrepreneurs looking to succeed.
In this article, we will discover what Shopify Learn is, some of the best courses on the platform, and what it can do for you to assist you along your ecommerce journey!
Let's get right into it!
What is Shopify Learn?
To help educate and improve people's knowledge of ecommerce and the platform, Shopify decided to create Shopify Learn!
Shopify Learn has over 500+ different courses, all related to ecommerce, with each course taught by an experienced professional within that particular niche.
So, you will get to gain knowledge and learn from their experience.
Shopify Learn offers ecommerce courses to anyone on the internet.
What's great is that they're 100% free! And who doesn't like to learn for free, right?
To get started, all you have to do is head over to Shopify Learn and sign up as a new member.
You don't even need to have an existing Shopify store!
Now that we've discussed what Shopify Learn is and how to sign up let's go over the 15 best ecommerce courses that will help you achieve success in your online business!
15 Best Shopify Learn ecommerce courses
Here are the 15 best courses on Shopify Learn for your ecommerce business.
1. Dropshipping 101: Build your first online store by Jessica Guzik
Dropshipping 101 will teach you what processes you must take to start and scale a successful dropshipping business. Dropshipping 101 will go over how to find a winning product, along with a good supplier for your dropshipping business.
If you're looking to start a dropshipping business or learn more about running a successful one, this course is for you.
Some of the valuable lessons you will take from this course:
- How to build a Shopify store and brand with simple steps from scratch.
- How to set up your first Facebook Ad.
- How to identify trustworthy AliExpress suppliers.
- How to find winning products for your dropshipping store.
2. Find winning products to sell by Paul Lee
The Find winning products to sell course is perfect for those who have trouble making sales or finding profitable products to sell.
This course will help you make more strategic decisions instead of guessing what products might do well. Not only will you learn when a product is most likely to perform well, but also when a product is least likely to perform well.
So that means that this course will help you save money when testing products on your ecommerce store!
Here are some valuable points you will learn from this course:
- How to find winning products that will perform well.
- How to resurrect formerly popular products by engaging with a new audience.
- How to research products across platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and AliExpress.
- How to predict seasonal dropshipping products.
- How to leverage your competition.
3. Build a Print on Demand Empire by Adrian Morrison
The Build a Print-on-Demand Empire course consists of 19 lessons and a little over 150 minutes of material guiding you through picking out your niche, marketing, and scaling a print on demand store.
This is a great course to check out if you're considering starting a print on demand business, as it will give you a good idea of what you're in for.
Here are some of the key points you should take note of in this course:
- How to build your Shopify print on demand store from scratch.
- How to select the best print on demand fulfillment app for your Shopify store.
- How to find your niche and verify your product design.
- How to create attractive product photos for your POD store.
4. Creativity for Business Success by Sarah Chrisp
Creativity for Business Success is just under 90 minutes long and is designed to help individuals tap into their creative potential and transform their ideas into successful business ventures.
This course is a great option for those who want to formulate new ideas and put existing ones into action to ultimately build and scale their ecommerce business.
Taking this course, you will learn how to:
- Create business plans from your newly formulated ideas.
- Use brainstorming techniques and creative exercises to keep up the momentum.
- How to identify gaps in the market and come up with ideas that can fill them up.
- Put yourself in a creative mindset through a simple four-step process.
Goal Setting with Daymond John is all about teaching you the benefits of setting goals for your small business.
Throughout the course, Daymond explains the goal-setting framework and the follow-through formula, which help you set goals and stick to them so you can get an idea of how goal-setting can benefit you and your business!
This course is more motivational-oriented, which is excellent if you're into that kind of thing!
Some key points in this course you will discover:
- The three benefits of crafting goals for small businesses.
- The to-be formula is used to help achieve your business goals.
- How to recover and stay on the road after not achieving your business goal.
- How to create the goals you want to achieve.
6. Optimizing Your Store For Conversions by Neil Patel
Optimizing Your Store For Conversions is a course that consists of 12 lessons and is about half an hour's worth of material.
If you want to learn how to increase conversions on your Shopify store, this could be the perfect course for you.
Over half an hour, Neil will provide you with several ways that you can begin to implement right away to optimize your Shopify store for conversions. These methods are sure to increase your conversion rate and boost sales.
You'll learn how to:
- Increase your average order value.
- Create upsells on your Shopify store.
- Leverage email marketing to boost your Shopify store’s sales.
- Acquire positive reviews from your customers.
7. Grow Your Business with Instagram by Gretta Van Riel
Over 32 lessons and two hours, the Grow Your Business with Instagram course will provide insights into how to use Instagram to attract and build a loyal and engaged audience.
As well as how to create content that attracts customers and how to use Instagram as an organic sales funnel.
Step by step, you'll gain insights into how you can use Instagram as an effective sales channel.
So who is this course for? It's great for people who use social media and would like to promote their business with it.
Here are some valuable points you will learn from this course:
- How to set up your Instagram business account.
- How to craft quality Instagram content.
- How to build a loyal following.
- How to turn Instagram into a sales funnel.
- How to handle influencer marketing on Instagram and so much more!
8. Ecommerce Email Marketing 101 by Drew Sanoki
In this two-hour Ecommerce Email Marketing course, you will grasp how to set up a proven automatic email marketing system for your store to get more customers and retain the ones you already have.
So if you want to gain some email marketing skills to grow your ecommerce business, this is a great course!
With this email marketing course, you will learn how to:
- Send emails to potential customers legally.
- Pick an email service provider.
- Write a tremendous welcoming email.
- Set up an abandoned cart email.
- Test new email copy content.
9. SEO Training for Beginners by Casandra Campbell
This SEO training course is suitable for beginners who have no clue about what SEO means or how it is used.
Throughout the hour-long course, Casandra guides you through the fundamentals of SEO and how it can be beneficial and help grow your ecommerce business.
You'll also be guided through the process of how you can begin to use and optimize your online store for SEO right away! And what's fantastic about SEO is that it will help boost sales too!
So whether you're a beginner just learning what SEO is or want to gain some more knowledge and learn how to set up SEO on your ecommerce store, this SEO training course is a great option!
Some key topics in this course you will learn:
- How SEO can benefit your business.
- Discover what a keyword is and how you can do effective keyword research.
- Offsite and Onsite SEO and how to use them properly.
- How to set up analytics and track your SEO performance.
10. Google Ads for Ecommerce by Daniel Patricio
The next course is called Google Ads for ecommerce.
As the title states, you will be learning about Google Ads, the different types of ads, and how to run effective campaigns to increase sales and grow your ecommerce business.
If you're not sure where else to advertise online, Google Ads are a great way to advertise and get more sales. Daniel will guide you each step of the way, from budgeting to setting up and running profitable Ads for your ecommerce store.
Here are some of the takeaways you will learn from this Shopify Learn course:
- How to set up Google Ads.
- How to set up your budget for your Google Ads.
- How to set up conversion tracking for your ads.
- The difference between shopping, display, and search ads, and how to use each.
11. How To Design Your Online Store (With Zero Design Experience) by Stephen Peralta
In this Shopify store designing course, you will embark on a journey to design your online store, guided by Stephan, an expert in ecommerce design.
The two-hour course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to create a visually appealing and user-friendly online experience that is optimized to convert visitors into loyal customers.
By the end of this course, you will have acquired a deep understanding of ecommerce design principles, developed a compelling brand identity, and built a beautifully designed Shopify store.
Here are some key takeaways you will discover from the course:
- How to pick and choose your Shopify store theme.
- How to create your business brand identity.
- The different ecommerce design principles you should follow.
- How to design the different sections of your Shopify store.
12. Product Photography For Ecommerce by Jeff Delacruz
With product photography instructed by Jeff Delacruz, you will learn how to take great photos of your products!
Throughout the course, you will gain essential knowledge and skills in various aspects of ecommerce photography. You will learn how to capture branded product photos that convey the value of your products effectively.
Whether you're looking to take simple product photography at home with a smartphone or have more of a budget to hire models, this course covers a wide range of product photography, and you're sure to learn how to take awesome photos!
After taking this course, you will be capable of the following:
- Taking branded photos of your products.
- Shooting your products with a model.
- Know what equipment is needed.
- Setting up your photography studio on a small budget, especially for beginners.
- Taking product photos on a white background.
13. Design your dream life by Tom Kueglar
If you want to pursue the entrepreneurial lifestyle, design your dream life course is a great fit for you!
Throughout the course, you'll discover powerful strategies and techniques to help you shape your ideal life.
Thomas will teach you how to leverage Instagram influencers, the Myers-Briggs personality test, and even visit bookstores to gain clarity on the life you truly desire.
By crystallizing your vision into actionable goals, you'll learn how to turn your dreams into tangible realities.
Here are some of the aspects you will learn from this free Shopify Learn course:
- How to adjust your attitude on life.
- How to create goals for self-visualizing the life you want to live.
- How to track your progress.
- How to set yourself up for success.
14. Facebook Ads for Beginners: Retention and Loyalty by Ezra Firestone
Facebook and Instagram are powerful platforms with vast audiences that can significantly contribute to the growth of your business.
This Facebook Ads course is designed to help you leverage these platforms effectively and build your business by utilizing Facebook and Instagram advertising.
In just over 90 minutes, you will learn a step-by-step process to re-engage visitors to your Shopify store through targeted advertising.
In addition, you will also discover how to review the performance of your advertising efforts, enabling you to assess the effectiveness of your campaigns and make informed decisions for optimization.
In this Facebook Ads course, you will familiarize yourself with the following:
- Creating your Facebook business manager.
- Setting up a Meta Pixel.
- Making effective ad creatives.
- Setting up different retargeting ads on Facebook.
- Creating an audience of customers on Facebook.
15. Getting Started with Shopify by Samantha Renee
If you are new to ecommerce and Shopify sounds complex to you, the getting started with Shopify course is around 90 minutes and separated into 27 different lessons, all designed to help you learn all there is about Shopify.
From opening your first store to getting your first sale, this course covers just about everything there is to know when setting up a Shopify store.
This course is ideal for those who are new to Shopify and for individuals who already have a product or service they want to sell and seek guidance on how to use Shopify for selling effectively.
You will be guided through the following things:
- Designing your Shopify store.
- Adding a product to your store.
- Creating collections of different product categories.
- Connecting your store to an already existing domain or buying a new one.
- Developing pages and menus.
- Setting up shipping, legal policies, and taxes for your store.
- Placing a test order.
- Launching your store and kickstarting your marketing.
- And more!
Before we go to the conclusion, we've created a quick summary of this article for you, so you can easily remember it:
- What is Shopify Learn? Shopify Learn is an ecommerce educational platform created by Shopify with over 500+ different courses to take on topics to grow your business, including marketing, digital marketing, product photography, store designing, and much more!
- These are some of the best courses on the platform. If you need help setting up an ecommerce store, ‘Getting Started with Shopify‘ and ‘Dropshipping 101‘ are excellent options. If you need help marketing, ‘Facebook Ads for Beginners‘ and ‘Google Ads for Ecommerce‘ are great options, and if you need help finding winning products ‘Find Winning Products to Sell‘ is a great course.
So, there it is!
The 15 best ecommerce courses that will help you achieve success in your online business!
Whether you're looking to set up your Shopify store or gain general ecommerce knowledge to grow your business Shopify Learn has you covered with over 500+ courses you are able to study.
We hope you see that you don't have to shell out thousands of dollars to learn more about ecommerce. There are plenty of resources out there for you to learn for free!
Shopify Learn is just one of those great options.
So, what are you waiting for? Go sign up and start learning!
Want to learn more about Shopify?
Ready to move your Shopify store to the next level? Check out the articles below:
- How to Sell on Shopify Without Inventory (4 Strategies)
- 17 Shopify Pros and Cons (Is It Still Worth It in 2023?)
- The 15 Best Dropshipping Suppliers for Shopify Stores 2023
Plus, don’t forget to check out our in-depth how-to start Shopify store guide here.