Dropshipping has been a popular way to sell items online for a while, but many people don’t know if it is an option with USA-made products.
The short answer is yes!
You can do dropshipping with USA-made products. In fact, there are plenty of suppliers from which you can purchase American-made products to use in your dropshipping business.
You may be wondering, what is the catch?
Well, the only drawback of dropshipping USA-made goods might be that they’re more expensive than some other choices on the market. On the other hand, you won’t have to worry about import tariffs or delays because they’re proudly made in America.
Let’s take a further look at dropshipping USA-made products!
Is it possible to dropship USA-made products?
When the term “dropshipping” comes up, it’s common to think about an online business buying products from a Chinese supplier and letting them ship the product(s) to a customer in the US or EU.
However, dropshipping doesn’t necessarily involve suppliers in China. You can also do dropshipping with suppliers outside China.
Many local dropshipping suppliers are present in countries or regions like Europe, the United Kingdom, and the United States!
Dropshipping a USA-made product works in the same way as dropshipping a Chinese product, with the exception that your supplier will be based in the US.
So, instead of shipping your product from an overseas warehouse, it will already be stocked in a US warehouse!
This may seem incredible, and it is, but there are some pros and cons involved when dropshipping with USA-made products. Let’s take a look at them in the following section:
The pros of dropshipping USA-made products
First things first, dropshipping USA-made products has quite some advantages for your online business.
Generally speaking, USA-made products will have a much better quality compared to products made in China.
This is because American manufacturers often use higher quality standards for product design, material traceability, and customer feedback.
Selling a higher-quality product usually equals fewer returns, higher customer satisfaction, and a higher customer return rate!
So, USA-made products offer many benefits by themselves, but they also come from the fact that you are working with local suppliers.
By working with suppliers based in the US, you will be able to offer your customers much faster delivery times.
Instead of having to wait anywhere from 10 to 60 days before your package travels halfway across the world to it reach your customer, it will only take a few days!
What’s more, local dropshipping suppliers are also known to have easier return processes.
If something isn’t right with the order, your customer will be able to simply send it back to the supplier’s warehouse in the US instead of having to ship it all the way back to China.
For example, check out this return policy from Spocket, a platform where you will be able to find dropshipping suppliers in the US:
Lastly, you could benefit from better customer service from your supplier.
You may have experienced or heard stories about Chinese suppliers neglecting your messages, replying in bad English, or lying about the product’s delivery time.
In general, this isn’t something you will experience with a US dropshipping supplier, as local suppliers often know that excellent customer service and honesty will often lead to a long business relationship, which is much more valuable than a quick profit.
If you’re still not entirely convinced yet on the benefits of using local dropshipping suppliers, then check out this article about five reasons to start dropshipping products from the US!
Tip: The US is one of the best countries for dropshippers. It has a high GDP, an enormous ecommerce spend, and a large population!
If you didn’t start your dropshipping business in the US yet, then check out our in-depth US guide here!
The cons of dropshipping USA-made products
As you have seen, dropshipping USA-made products comes with a lot of advantages.
You could be selling high-quality products supplied by excellent suppliers that offer excellent customer service, return policies, and shipping times.
What could go wrong?
Well, there is one main thing we didn’t talk about yet.
USA-made products are simply much more expensive to produce compared to products made in China.
This is caused by the higher costs that American factories have to deal with. Generally, all costs ranging from wages and materials to rents and taxes will be more expensive for factories in the US. Therefore, they also have to charge a higher price for the products they manufacture!
To conclude: you may be able to benefit from all the benefits that we discussed before, but you will have to pay a higher price for it.
But don’t throw the idea of dropshipping USA-made products out of the window just yet.
A study by Reuters revealed that 70% of Americans think it is “Somewhat important” or “Very important” to purchase domestic-made goods.
In other words, more than half of the respondents said that they are willing to pay more for USA-made products. This shows that the higher price of domestic-made products isn’t necessarily as bad as you would initially think!
The 4 best dropshipping suppliers for USA-made products
If your goal is to do dropshipping with USA-made products, you will need to find an appropriate US dropshipping supplier.
Therefore, we will show you some of the best options for local dropshipping suppliers that sell USA-made products!
And, for each supplier, we will:
- Include a link to their website. You can either click on the title or on the screenshot of their homepage to check out their website.
- Give you a short description. To introduce you to the supplier and tell you about their unique features.
- Give you the pros & cons. This will help you to make an educated decision about which supplier to pick.
- Tell you about their pricing and payment options. So you will know what to expect when you’re going to work with them.
Sounds great, right?
Let’s look at the first one!
Spocket is a platform that allows you to discover reliable dropshipping suppliers from Europe and the United States.
Dropshipping suppliers on Spocket sell USA-made products that fit in all kinds of niches, including the pet niche, the fitness niche, or the beauty niche:
- Order samples. Spocket makes it really simple to order samples from their suppliers.
- Many integration possibilities. It doesn’t matter whether you are using platforms like Shopify, Wix, BigCommerce, and WooCommerce. Spocket can be used with all of them!
- Customized packaging not available. Unfortunately, Spocket doesn’t offer private label products or customized packaging. (You can check out this article here to see the difference between dropshipping and private labeling.)
You will see Spocket’s pricing plans below. If you’re interested in Spocket but don’t want to pay anything yet, you can create a free account to browse through Spocket’s catalog.
Spocket currently has a connection with:
- Shopify (Read more here)
- Wix (Read more here)
- WooCommerce (Read more here)
- BigCommerce (Read more here)
DropCommerce is a supplier platform focused on high-quality products. Every supplier at DropCommerce is hand-picked for unique, high-quality products and fast shipping.
Some examples of products offered by DropCommerce are leather Airpod cases, tea tree soaps, and tiki time bbq shirts.
- Fast shipping. All products on DropCommerce are shipped from the US or Canada. The shipping time is just three to five days!
- Branded invoicing. Give your store a professional look by using DropCommerce’s branded invoicing feature.
- Missing features for cheaper plans. For some awesome features like automated fulfillment, you will have to pay for the most expensive plan, which costs $89 per month – this might not be affordable for some.
DropCommerce’s pricing plans range from $19 per month to $89 per month:
You can connect DropCommerce to your store using the Shopify app or the BigCommerce app.
Printful is a print on demand (POD) dropshipping service. Basically, it means you will be able to design your own products like t-shirts, hoodies, earrings, posters, pillows, and much more!
Printful has fulfillment warehouses all over the world, including the US:
- Relatively large product collection. For a print on demand service, Printful offers a lot of different product categories. This includes products like bags, towels, and (of course) T-shirts!
- Great integrations. You can connect Printful to more than 20 ecommerce platforms, including Shopify, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce.
- Long total shipping time. Before Printful can ship out your order, they have to produce it first, which can take up to seven business days. For this reason, the total shipping time is around 7 to 12 business days.
- No refunds for orders in the wrong size or color. Since each product is unique, it will cost you money each time a customer orders something in the wrong size or color, as Printful won’t refund it.
Instead of fixed monthly membership plans, Printful uses fulfillment fees.
To learn more about these fees and calculate your potential profits when using Printful, click here!
As said, Printful can be connected with many different ecommerce platforms. For more information, you can check out this page!
The next and final supplier covered in this article is called Dripshipper and specializes in coffee!
If you have always dreamed of owning your own private label coffee company, Dripshipper will be a perfect supplier for you.
Their coffee is roasted in the US, ships out within three days, and can be labeled with your own brand!
- Samples. Dripshipper provides you with the opportunity to order (paid) samples of the coffee so that you can test the quality! For more information about this, you can check out this page.
- Dropshipping something unique. Did you ever think about dropshipping coffee? I’m 90% sure that you did not.
- Private labeling. This supplier is a great way to start a private label dropshipping business!
- Shipping costs outside the US. If you’re dropshipping inside the US, then shipping will be free, but they will charge for shipping on international orders.
The pricing of Dripshipper is simple; they only have one monthly plan of $30:
Dripshipper can be connected to your Shopify store using the Dripshipper Shopify app.
How do you find more US dropshipping suppliers? (3 tips)
You have just seen four great options for suppliers that offer USA-made products.
However, does that mean there are no other suppliers you can use?
There are many more US dropshipping suppliers out there, and you will be able to find them by utilizing the following six tips:
1. Take a look at our US dropshipping suppliers lists
You could spend several hours searching around for US dropshipping suppliers on the internet, but what if I told you that this is not necessary if you want to find some other great suppliers?
That’s because we have published two articles showcasing the best US dropshipping suppliers on this blog!
Therefore, you will be able to find the best dropshipping suppliers from the US here.
And if you don’t have a budget for a paid supplier, you can check out the best free US dropshipping suppliers here!
2. Use Google
Do you know the expression; “Google is your best friend”?
Well, it also applies here!
By searching with a keyword like: “US dropshipping supplier,” you will already find some great suppliers like Spocket, CJdropshipping, and more!
You can also take it one step further and find a supplier that is specialized in your niche.
For example, if you operate in the pet niche, you could search for a keyword like: “Pet US dropshipping supplier.”
Now, you will be to find a US dropshipping supplier specializing in pet products, like Pet Stores USA!
3. Use supplier directories
Another tip for finding US suppliers is using supplier directories.
These platforms collect the contact details of many different suppliers and showcase them in a clear overview.
Examples of great dropshipping supplier directories are SaleHoo, Inventory Source, and Syncee.
To give you an idea of how it works, here is SaleHoo’s homepage:
After creating an account and getting access to SaleHoo’s supplier directory, you will be able to filter all suppliers on “Location: the US,” after which you will be able to scroll through several dropshipping suppliers from the US:
Note: Are you interested in even more tips you can use to find US dropshipping suppliers? If so, you will find three extra tips in this article!
So, can you do dropshipping with USA-made products?
Yes, you definitely can!
There are plenty of dropshipping suppliers in America that offer USA-made products stored in US warehouses.
They usually offer high-quality products, quick delivery times, easy return processes, and excellent customer service.
There is just one main drawback; the product is likely to be more expensive when compared to a similar product that is made in China.
Choosing the right supplier is pretty crucial for the success of your business, so you can also check out this article to learn about 14 questions you can ask to help you find awesome suppliers.
Have a great rest of your day!